[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 01:16

Couple questions/requests:

returning home

I've noticed that PATs get frozen in space when they receive the command to dock at carrier. It is necessary to set each of the fighters to idle when they are under 6km, reissue the command "Navigation-return home" for them to resume the operations.

Same occurred with CSV fighters

No weapons carrier

How would be possible to get the techies on a carrier that has no turrets if the script that manage the techies is based on turrets?

Increase the rate of techies appearance

The current rate of techies "disappearance" makes the use of the scripts a bit redundant. Could the rate of them appearing for hire be increased?

Tender Support

Could it be instructed to search for goods at NPC stations rather than on player station?

Fighter damage
Could be possible to set a trigger on fighters that based on %shield/hull damage they automatically return to the carrier. Disengaging the fight and head straight to the carrier.

Logistics ship

New class to support dog fight, basically a fighter/or even the CSV set with just repair lasers that would repair fighters that get in range - or instruct the CSV to get in range of the damage fighters to repair their hull during the fight.

Cheers

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 09:27

mpcribeiro wrote:Couple questions/requests:

Fighter damage
Could be possible to set a trigger on fighters that based on %shield/hull damage they automatically return to the carrier. Disengaging the fight and head straight to the carrier.
I think fighters do this already when they reach a certain damage level (either 2 or 3 '*'s). They will also not launch if damaged to some lesser level.

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 10:06

Lucike released the new Version 3.beta.23. Make sure you have the libraries 3.3.03

Changes:
-When the carrier is docked at a EQ you may buy tunings for all ships docked at the carrier
-Command menu revamp!
-Make a carrier the homebase for any ship without a "job" ( at least that's what I make of it, set carrier=homebase even if ship!=interceptor|attacker etc )
-Multiple optimizations

@Mechanics and the problem of hiring them
They are supposed to be very rare. Get the latest MEFOS to soften this rule (earlier versions made it reallyreally hard to find personnel).
To move personnel you could try Lucike's Personnel Transporter script.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 16:10

aka1nas wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Couple questions/requests:

Fighter damage
I think fighters do this already when they reach a certain damage level (either 2 or 3 '*'s). They will also not launch if damaged to some lesser level.
The [**] do work when the fighter is docked, not allowing it to go out without being repaired first.

However during the fight they don't seem to disengage even when they start to get considerable hull damage.

One of my carriers lost the entire ATK group this way. Fighters kept fighting;

The only way to prevent that is manually order the entire group to retreat or go to each fighter order it to return home - by doing this the fighter(s) go straight home with weapons shut, being ganked by NCPs that follows them.

It would be nice to have a functionality that we could set the damage level either % on shields and/or % hull left.

So that once what is left of the shield/hill is under that threashold the fighter automatically disengages the fight and return to the carrier - also firing weapons but not engaging on dogfight...

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 18:10

Have you tried equipping your carrier with a transporter device, and your fighters with docking computers? When I'm in my Panther with that setup, and within 5km (I normally am in the fray with my fighters), they will automatically combat dock (basically transport into the docking bay) when their shields are gone.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 18:25

Lucike wrote:
Reflexer wrote:Als weiteren Punkt hätte ich die Verluste bei den kleinen Schiffen zu "bemängeln". Ich würde mir wünschen, dass man irgendwo einen Schildwert in % eintragen kann, ab dem die Jäger zurück zum Träger fliegen.

[...]
Das tun sie bereits. Wenn die Schilde unter 20% oder die Hülle unter 90% fällt, dann flüchtet ein Jäger in Richtung Träger. Nun, es werden keine Schutzjäger gestartet, aber es wird schon darauf geachtet, dass die Staffeln komplett bleiben.
For those who don't understand German:

Reflexer just asked quite the same question today.

Lucike's answer:
The fighters start to flee towards their carrier after their shields get lower than 20% of max or their hull gets lower than 90% of max. And they won't start to tear off their squadron.

As chrisrico wrote, if you also have the transporter device installed on your carrier, the fleeing figthers will get beamed into the hangar bay and doesn't need to dock manually. So they won't loose time in which they can get destroyed under fire.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 22:28

hello there, just wondering if I'm missing something. i have the mod loaded up, all files placed correctly in the X3TC directory. the "libraries" have/has also been installed. patch 2.1 is in.... BSG ships mod which i doubt has any conflicting agreements is also in there. the CODEA option is available in the carriers combat menu, it is enabled.... all test ships ive been trying have been equipped with the fight mk1,2 softwares, and nav software and lasers. none of the ships are showing up in the hangar selection for interceptors, fighers, etc. not sure what could be missing and the instructions arent stating anything i havent done to initiate the use of this mod.

any ideas?

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 22:37

StarbuckAK wrote:hello there, just wondering if I'm missing something. i have the mod loaded up, all files placed correctly in the X3TC directory. the "libraries" have/has also been installed. patch 2.1 is in.... BSG ships mod which i doubt has any conflicting agreements is also in there. the CODEA option is available in the carriers combat menu, it is enabled.... all test ships ive been trying have been equipped with the fight mk1,2 softwares, and nav software and lasers. none of the ships are showing up in the hangar selection for interceptors, fighers, etc. not sure what could be missing and the instructions arent stating anything i havent done to initiate the use of this mod.

any ideas?
btw u dont need carrier software on the carrier

1st hire the pilots
2nd transfer the pilots into the fighter cockpits
3rd assign the fighter into the hangar

each "hangar" has different requirements (see the 1st page)

in case of the recon the fighter also need the best scanner

and in case of salv the fighter will need the special soft.

cheers

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 22:47

my hire pilots option gives me one of those disdaining beeps of authority that basically tells me "NO YOU MAY NOT." do i have to be docked somewhere to hire pilots?

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 22:48

save your fingers! i found it in the instructions!

Grizzlor
x3tc

Post by Grizzlor » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 00:28

Goldfinch wrote:
Goldfinch wrote:I just installed CODEA and noticed that I can now no longer access the command to use the Bulk Transporter Upgrade script. The script library thread lists an "avoidable conflict" under custom commands. Anyone know how I can have both working together?
It also conflicts with Gazz' Complex Cleaner. I've uninstalled CODEA again, unless someone can tell me how to make it work without stopping me using the other scripts.
I fixed it myself yesterday, it's really easy:

get the 8014-L044.xml out of the .pck, either by extracting it youself (7zip works) or downloading from here

according to the sticky thread, the CC conflict is on command 725, so replace all instances of 725 in the xml with an unused command slot (I used 729). repeat for each conflicting script.

then just put your edited .xml into X3's "t" folder, and delete the old 8014.L044.pck from there.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 06:59

hi again. after using this script for a bit i've found that is pretty ok. my first issue though is that the grounding of attack and intercepter hangers doesnt work. if i leave from piloting the carrier and i order it to not launch fighters during an attack, it still launches them sadly. sometimes i just want the carrier to fight by itself in some scenarios and let the fighters remain safely inside the hanger bay... would be nice for this to work. thanks. keep up the good work.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 07:38

hell for that matter while we're at it now, the commands to have the fighters only attack certain size ships doesnt do anything either. they still attack everything while deployed from the carrier. remote commanding the carrier does not work :(

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 10:07

StarbuckAK wrote:remote commanding the carrier does not work :(
That's because of the "Egosoft"-behaviour. On a non-player carrier the fighters defend their carrier, if it is attacked. CODEA isn't able to interrupt that behaviour.

This bug is known. As far as I remember, it's planned to solve this by introducing an own codea-idle command, so that the egosoft-behaviour won't start the fighters as it believes, they are already doing something.

But I don't know how far this solution is or if it may didn't work yet.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 11:18

That's because of the "Egosoft"-behaviour. On a non-player carrier the fighters defend their carrier, if it is attacked. CODEA isn't able to interrupt that behaviour.
iirc this is only the case when the vanilla Carrier Command Software is installed...
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”