[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 16:42

xWolfzx wrote:Hi a question regarding mefos, is there a way to switch off automatic weapon switch? I kinda find weapon groups redundant with that in place imho.
Well, you *could* try not to employ any personnel. But then you could also stop using MEFOS because it's all about automatic weapon switching (like MARS, although the latter does much more than that). So, use MEFOS without hiring a crew, that should do it.

If you are solely looking for weapon groups management, i.e. you want to let your ships use whatever weapons you put on the list, the only script which comes to my mind is the AEGIS weapon system by SuperVegeta. Powerful customization feature but unfortunately only available in German. It's pretty much self-explanatory so you might want to check it out anyway :D

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 08:57

Thanks Feuerriese :)

I have another problem, regarding codea this time, i downloaded 3.21 from the german forum and used it and i found that my commanders in my corvettes aren't promoting to captains even after 17 stazuras of flight time, so i when and tinkered with the scripts alittle by changing this:

skip if not $ShipThis->is script 'plugin.codea.ship.order.corvettes' on stack of task=0
$PilotLevelMax = 4

to this

skip if not $ShipThis->is script 'plugin.codea.ship.order.corvettes' on stack of task=0
$PilotLevelMax = 5
(from: plugin.codea.ship.admin)

and it seem to work properly now, as in my commanders automatically promoted after 10 stazuras of flight experience.

ps. i realize that i should put this in the german forum but i don't know german so i place it here instead =(

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 10:21

Well, I don't think there is a problem at all, as far as I remember Lucike limited promotions on smaller ships to a particular level, there is no way a pilot will get promoted to captain flying a M6 - just to make sure it's not too easy to get a captain to it makes you yell NOOOOOOOOoooo once your first Admiral gets killed. :D
However, I think your pilots can accumulate flying experience, so try giving your 17-stazuras dude some M7 to play with, he should get promoted then. Btw, the best way to get good pilots is using Lucike's Security&Rescue Service. Just let the guy do their patrols for a day, transfer them to an M6, then to an M7, they should ding captain.

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 11:35

*Facepalm* i misread the manual, i did not know that commanders can pilot M7 class ships, thanks alot!

rdrunner13
x3tc

Post by rdrunner13 » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 15:18

Hi everybody. A couple of days ago I installed Lucike’s CLS script (version 3.3.01), and it works flawlessly (actually it is the only script I have installed). CODEA script is very tempting but I have some questions before installing it…

1. Do I have to update-install the “new libraries” (version 3.2.14) required for CODEA or the 3.3.03 libraries I used with CLS are ok? To restate the question, are the “libraries” scripts the same for all Lucike’s scripts, no matter which Lucike’s script has being installed?

2. Is there any conflict or problem between CLS and CODEA?

3. Is there any other reported major conflict or problem with other (non-Lucike’s) script?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. As it is obvious I am newbie in using scripts for my X3 TC 2.1, so forgive me if my questions are kind of stupid…

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 17:26

Well, you should always use the most up-to-date library files, no matter which Lucike script you are using. And of course you only need to install those once, that's the point in having libraries :D
There are zero conflicts between L.'s scripts, actually they work very well together. For example, the combat pilots work in both CODEA and S&RS, the trading pilots work in all trader scripts.
As far as conflicts with other scripts are concerned, that's hard to tell. As you are using CODEA, I wouldn't run CODEA and Anarkis on the same ship but other than that...I'd say just go for it. Make sure you install Lucike's complete collection of scripts.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 17:38

Feuerriese wrote:Well, you should always use the most up-to-date library files, no matter which Lucike script you are using. And of course you only need to install those once, that's the point in having libraries :D
There are zero conflicts between L.'s scripts, actually they work very well together. For example, the combat pilots work in both CODEA and S&RS, the trading pilots work in all trader scripts.
As far as conflicts with other scripts are concerned, that's hard to tell. As you are using CODEA, I wouldn't run CODEA and Anarkis on the same ship but other than that...I'd say just go for it. Make sure you install Lucike's complete collection of scripts.
Do you perchance have a link to the S&RS thread? I found references to its reserved files in the script & mod library but no actual link to the appropriate thread. Extra search is coming up empty too.

I can handle a German thread if that's all that's available, I'll just google translate it. I'd just like to read about it before I install it and the complete pack doesn't have english script names or readmes of any sort :-\.

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 18:32

Alkeena wrote:
Feuerriese wrote:Well, you should always use the most up-to-date library files, no matter which Lucike script you are using. And of course you only need to install those once, that's the point in having libraries :D
Do you perchance have a link to the S&RS thread? I found references to its reserved files in the script & mod library but no actual link to the appropriate thread. Extra search is coming up empty too.

I can handle a German thread if that's all that's available, I'll just google translate it. I'd just like to read about it before I install it and the complete pack doesn't have english script names or readmes of any sort :-\.
Only a german thread as far as I'm aware, although the script itself has an english t-file

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225246

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 19:04

Yeah, sorry, I'm afraid there is no english thread although it's one of the best scripts ever.
HERE is the German thread. I think English t-files are included so you shouldn't worry about that. Unfortunatly there is no English manual so let me give you a (REALLY) quick summary:

The S&RS is extremely useful if you are using Lucike's trading scripts (any will do) because those ships (through L.'s libraries) will be able to yell for help if they are in/spot trouble. It's a player owned response fleet (hotkey included! :D )

How does it work?
Well, if you know CODEA you already know about the pilot system. If you don't - every ship needs a pilot, the S&RS needs combat pilots.
You buy a ship and - while DOCKED!!!! - start the S&RS from the ship's combat command menu.

The ship CAN be of any class, m1 through m8 and TL, no TS/TP (use Lucike's Personnel Carrier for those).

The ship MUST!!!! be equipped with
combat software mk1
combat software mk2
patrol software
nav software mk1
a weapon (doh...yeah, I *heard* some people forget those...)

The ship CAN have a jumpdrive installed if you want it to jump around.

Alright. I assume you have bought a fighter (m5-m3), installed the necessary equipment and started the command. If you can't find the ship command check equipment. If equipment is right, check shiptype: m3, m4, m5.
A menu will pop up, take a look at all the available options but all you have to do for now is hit START S&RS.

You will notice your fighter takes off and begins its patrol in whatever sector your set (shipyard sector if you just hit START). Right now your pilot is a rookie which means he can barely fly towards a gate and return. After a couple of hours (SETA helps a lot :D ) he will eventually hit the rank of Lt.
Once that happened, buy more fighters. Equip them and set their command to FOLLOW the Lt.'s ship, they will automatically be part of the Lt.'s patrol. Isn't that a great feature? No more micromanagement because they will get all the Lt.'s settings!

After a while your Lt. might feel like he's getting bored so check your new recruits. They will get promoted, too. Once any of your newbs is an Lt., order the ship back to the shipyard. Buy an M6. Equip it. Enter fighter's S&RS menu, click transfer pilot, choose new M6. Let the M6 follow your first Lt. in his training fighter, the M6 pilot will sooner or later be promoted to Commander (or whatever Lucike calls the rank in the English version, I'm pretty sure it's Cmd. though).
Well, you get the idea. A commander will not advance further in an M6 so let him fly an M7...and so on. Once you have a couple of captains assign a bunch of M7s to them and keep training more pilots.
Attention! They are pilots. And they want their spacefuel&weed so you will need to pay them (large fleets turn into black holes...money-wise).

Alright! So now we have a couple of M7s with jumpdrives and want them to start earning all the money we thought was wasted. Choose any M7 and open up the S&RS menu.
There's an option like "rescue service". This means it will react to alert messages.
Example: One of your TS class ships is under attack by a bunch of pirates. Normally it will try to escape to avoid destruction. But this time the pirates will face resistance - the S&RS checks if enough ships are available for the fight (so a single M6 won't take on a whole Xenon fleet) and jumps in. Because of the we-can-do-it? check 99.9% of the time it will crush the attackers.

Do not forget to set all M7s to FOLLOW the first M7 which has an activated rescue service.

That's pretty much the basics. If you wonder, what the heck, I have CODEA, what do I need this for ?
Well, first of all CODEA is expensive and you usually use CODEA after earning quite a lot of money. The S&RS can be used with 1 or 2 M6 class ships, just to get rid of those nasty Khaak Cluster or pirate patrols.
Plus, you can define a hotkey which will send an SOS to your S&RS. If you ever get in trouble (playing with IR? You're gonna use this a lot!) and see what happens you will definatly not play without it anymore.

One last note: thanks to Lucike it now is possible to assign the main carrier of a CODEA carrier group to the S&RS...guess what happens if <insert_bugger_here> tries to mess with your private sector. Fully automatic :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

EDIT: If you need combat pilots really fast, buy them at military outposts using a CODEA carrier. You can use them for your S&RS.

EDIT2: Adding a life support system to the S&RS ship will enable the Rescue Ejected Pilot system...so you can save all those expensive captains automatically.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 19:28

Nice, thank-you! I wish I could express how grateful I am for the impromptu English description--you went above and beyond there and it is much appreciated. I'll definitely be giving it a try. =D

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 19:37

No problemo, we are a community of carebears :lol:

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 00:46

I thought I'd let you know Lucike released a new version.

CODEA Version 3.beta.22
Summary:

-Fighters will use multiple hangars for launching from carrier
-If the carrier docks at a station, the convoy will follow (if possible)
-The CODEA controls will let you start the boot camp for rookie pilots. Small - medium skirmishes will be used to let them gain combat experience

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 00:51

Ah thanks for the update :)

Btw has anyone managed to add the sabre and rapier to a hangar ? I can transfer pilots to them fine, but no matter what I do, it won't recognize those ships has valid ships when I try to add them

EDIT: I'll try the new version

leddmirage
x4

Post by leddmirage » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 09:52

sorry.. CODEA newbie here:
2 questions:
a) TM class consider as carrier class too??

b) requirement for fighter to be listed in main hanger: (is NOT equip with SETA & Boost & Goggle) (equip with fighting Mk1, Mk2, Nav & 1 weapon) + pilot? cos i can't get my fighter to be listed in the main hanger.. :(

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 10:30

Hmm, right now I can't tell you if a TM can run the CODEA carrier software, haven't tried that. Why don't you try it and give some feedback? ;)

The type of your carrier and a list of its installed equipment would be helpful but let's see...I assume you want the fighter to join interceptors/attackers? Double check on the SETA, boost &goggle not being there. Make sure your carrier is equipped with a life support system.
If you don't want to add the fighter to be added to interceptors/attackers you should take a look at the requirements, some mission types require a life support system or the special command software.

@Madtrack
Did you forget the weapon? Checked the equipment ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 17:47

leddmirage wrote:a) TM class consider as carrier class too??
You can use a TM as a CODEA-carrier. You could even use the Hyperion as a CODEA-carrier. Every ship with docking-capability will work.

Madtrack wrote:Btw has anyone managed to add the sabre and rapier to a hangar ? I can transfer pilots to them fine, but no matter what I do, it won't recognize those ships has valid ships when I try to add them
leddmirage wrote:b) requirement for fighter to be listed in main hanger: (is NOT equip with SETA & Boost & Goggle) (equip with fighting Mk1, Mk2, Nav & 1 weapon) + pilot? cos i can't get my fighter to be listed in the main hanger.. :(
Did you install the weapons onto your fighters first?

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 12:07

Yeah you're both right I had forgotten the weapon, since it was for the RECON branch which doesn't fight, I didn't think it was required :)

I'm having a problem with SRS, when I set additional ships to follow an SRS ship (with proper equipment) likr you said, they do not refuel with the lead SRS ship and do not jump together, unless I set something wrong ?

I'm trying to set a group of ships that would refuel, jump, and move at the same speed, all using SRS, do I have to use CODEA for that ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 12:28

Lucike wrote on 22nd of august that convois for the rescue service are planned and added in the next version. Meanwhile two updates of the SRS got released (in the german board). I don't know if these convois are already included, I think, because of the changelog, these updates have only been minor (but useful) updates.

But I don't use the SRS yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

But CODEA as a SRS will do your work too. Also with CODEA the accompanying vessels will be supplied with fuel and arming by the carrier, and the carrier itself by the tenders.

Else the SRS vessels have do dock at supply bases for that. Lucike doesn't plan to make a supply like in CODEA for the SRS. He's to lazy for that ... he said by himself ^^
Last edited by Saetan on Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:11

That's something I did not mention (it was a quick summary anyway). There are no custom SRS groups, call them convoys if you like to. Basically because they are not necessary at all...for example, there is a pirate M5 attacking one of your traders. If you use convoys, all the ships (maybe an M2, a couple of M7 etc. ) will jump and try to kill that M5. Might take a while. Meanwhile your PHQ is getting bashed by IR Khaak Invasions...you get the idea ;)
As of now, the SRS takes a look at the enemy's strength and says "oh my, a humble M5, well! I will send just an M6 and nothing more!"

So all the ships you set to FOLLOW a SRS patrol leader will automatically be part of the SRS ship pool and the SRS just takes what it needs to win a fight, nothing more. Of course you can always add a CODEA carrier to the SRS but it might not always be sent out because it's just unnecessary. Just keep assigning more ships to the SRS and you will see how well it can protect your assets without even having convoys. :)

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 23:39

My only problem with CODEA before was that an attack wing could only take one command...once their target was destroyed, they'd all rush back to dock leaving my carrier immobile (superdocking isn't my kind of thing...just a bit much, sorry) and not responding to the hoard of fighters tailchasing them and knocking them from the "sky." Has that been changed at all?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”