[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 07:15

aka1nas wrote:Does CODEA still conflict with Gazz's Complex Cleaner mod?
first post implies it does.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 11:23

Nadrek wrote:Idle question:
Can CODEA (automatically/in bulk) command all my fighters (that it controls) to use MARS Offense/MARS Defense turret scripts as I so choose?

Anything that reduces the drudgery of setting everything on every fighter by hand is a boon.
Actually you do not need MARS Light for the fighters. CODEA includes scripts that automatically switch weapons on fighters. MARS Light cannot do that and it needs more cpu time.

Concerning your question, as far as i know, there is no such option in CODEA.

Nadrek

Post by Nadrek » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 03:36

darkfear wrote:
Nadrek wrote:Idle question:
Can CODEA (automatically/in bulk) command all my fighters (that it controls) to use MARS Offense/MARS Defense turret scripts as I so choose?

Anything that reduces the drudgery of setting everything on every fighter by hand is a boon.
Actually you do not need MARS Light for the fighters. CODEA includes scripts that automatically switch weapons on fighters. MARS Light cannot do that and it needs more cpu time.

Concerning your question, as far as i know, there is no such option in CODEA.
I was under the impression that MARS Light still had automatic Goblin Missile Defense (and did not switch weapons, which is ok with me)... which could be important if someone starts dumping Flails and other such trinkets to counter one's fighter wings.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 11:09

semiliterate wrote:
I must be blind :wink: , but I've skimmed through the posts somewhat and I can't find the post you referred too and I must admit I haven't checked any scripts but I fail to see why it should conflict - is it the enormous block that CC adds; Gazz said it might be a problem for all AI controlled ships not exclusively connected to CODEA.

Cheers!

Migl00
x3tc

Post by Migl00 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 12:18

Some help needed please…
Did anyone succeeded to add a M8 to his carrier? :?:
Codea is installed (of course! :) ), Mefos too, I have technicians, mechanics, officer rank pilots, my M8 respects the specifications given in the user manual, but no way to find how to add my M8 to the carrier… :( Any clue? :?
Thanks!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 12:23

Let the M8 (with pilot) follow your carrier ... then it should be shown in the hangar-administration for adding.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 13:00

Nadrek wrote: I was under the impression that MARS Light still had automatic Goblin Missile Defense (and did not switch weapons, which is ok with me)... which could be important if someone starts dumping Flails and other such trinkets to counter one's fighter wings.
Yes of course MARS Light has goblins, but it does not have weapon switching. So its more a matter of preference and CPU power. I imagine 60 fighters running MARS can be quite a challenge for some CPUs.

P.S. New Beta Version of CODEA is coming tonight. I just have to translate a few lines and I will take charge of the MEFOS script in the english forum, so expect a new topic soon.

Shadow_180
x3tc

Post by Shadow_180 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 13:05

About the automatic weapon switching on fighters... how does the script choose which weapons to use?
i.e. is there a list somewhere that says "against fighters: PRG > PAC > IRE. OOS: EBC > HEPT > PRG" etc. or does the script read laser data from the game and calculate the best laser, something like "Fighters: DPS*speed. OOS: DPS" maybe? I'm using Ulifus' CMOD which makes some pretty drastic changes to the game's weapons, so I'm wondering if I'd need to edit any of the script files beforehand.

Another question; a requirement of the CODEA system is a 'carrier-class ship'. Is this specifically an M1 or could you use an M7/TL too?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 13:14

Shadow_180 wrote:About the automatic weapon switching on fighters... how does the script choose which weapons to use?
i.e. is there a list somewhere that says "against fighters: PRG > PAC > IRE. OOS: EBC > HEPT > PRG" etc. or does the script read laser data from the game and calculate the best laser, something like "Fighters: DPS*speed. OOS: DPS" maybe? I'm using Ulifus' CMOD which makes some pretty drastic changes to the game's weapons, so I'm wondering if I'd need to edit any of the script files beforehand.

Another question; a requirement of the CODEA system is a 'carrier-class ship'. Is this specifically an M1 or could you use an M7/TL too?
Weapon switching: I don't know the details but afaik, CODEA uses in a Nova for example, the best thing would be to give them 8 HEPTs and 8 PACs. In sector, they will use 8 PACs against small fighters. Against bigger ships they will use 4 HEPTs (not 8 because with four they're able to shoot all the time without energy problems).
Out of sector the Novas will be equipped with 8 HEPTs because this way they will pack the biggest punch. (OOS the fighting goes very differently)

CODEA ships: These can be M1, M7, TL and of course also TMs.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 13:34

Everything with a hangar bay can be used as a CODEA carrier. Even your Hyperion...

Shadow_180
x3tc

Post by Shadow_180 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 19:24

Wow sweet, definitely gonna download this now!

Regarding weapon switching with CMOD: CMOD turns the FBL into a short randged PPC, so it'd be much better than HEPT in OOS combat and against capitals, but I'm wondering if the script would realise this and use the FBLs instead?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 08:59

Locksley wrote:
semiliterate wrote:
I must be blind :wink: , but I've skimmed through the posts somewhat and I can't find the post you referred too and I must admit I haven't checked any scripts but I fail to see why it should conflict - is it the enormous block that CC adds; Gazz said it might be a problem for all AI controlled ships not exclusively connected to CODEA.

Cheers!
I also couldn't find a reference to it in the OP. From the Complex Cleaner thread, it looked like there was just one command slot in conflict due to the english version of CODEA not yet having selected final command slots from the available list while it was in alpha.

Is this going to change in a final version of CODEA? It looked like it was possible to adjust the command slot on one of the scripts to not conflict, but I didn't want to deal with hand-altering it every time a new version comes out if it was going to be changed soon.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 18:52

Locksley wrote:
semiliterate wrote:

Cheers!
okay, the big block is in the .cat and .dat files. CODEA, however, doesn't use those - the problem is the Command Slots, which are a limited number of predefined buttons that can be bound to a script to appear in your command console. CODEA, as it says somewhere near the bottom of the first post, uses command slot custom_25, which was also the Complex Cleaner Crunch command slot last time i checked.

in the tfile for CODEA, there are numbers that define what command slot is used - 725 is custom slot 25.

i am not sure but i think if you open that tfile and change all those 725s to a different, unused number (the numbers are listed on the Scripts and Mods Library thread) it should fix it.

however: 1, the tfile opening process involves something more complicated than just clicking it, but i forget once - it's a .pck, if anyone knows what to do with that. i tried extracting it to an XML but then CODEA was like "language file not found" when i started the game.

2, this is only what i remember from doing it ages ago. i cannot guarantee this will work - after all, when i tried it, i got Language file not found.

3, i'm not even sure if they do still conflict because i haven't checked Complex Cleaner.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 19:17

You can change the command-slots used by codea in the langauge-file ... here the quote in german, maybe darkfrear can translate and add it to the description later ... I don't have time for translating at the moment, as I get picked up soon.

You have to find the already used number of the commandslot (317, 725, 726 or 727) in the "coded" part of the quote, and change them to a available one:
Lucike wrote:
Das Ändern der Kommando-Slots
(Nach einer Idee von SymTec)

Das Waffensystem CODEA belegt vier Kommandoslots in den Kampfbefehlen und Standardbefehlen, die den Gruppen 300 und 700 angehören. Man muss sich also vier freie Slots in diesen Gruppen suchen.

Um die Kommandoslots zu ändern muss lediglich die Sprachdatei geändert werden. An den Skripten selbst muss nichts geändert werden. Die Sprachdatei "8014-L049.xml" finden man im Sprachordner (..\t\..) der sich wiederrum im X³ Spielverzeichnis befindet. Zuerst öffnet man die Sprachdatei mit einem Texteditor. Das Notepad von MS Windows® ist dafür bestens geeignet. Bitte nicht MS Word® oder MS WordPad® benutzen, da die Daten teilweise im UTF8-Format gespeichert sind. Das Notepad kann damit umgehen.

Die Kommandoslot-Einstellung muss an fünf Stellen geändert werden. Die Standard-Slots des Waffensystems CODEA liegen auf 317, 725, 726 und 727. Diese Werte kann man gut in der Sprachdatei finden.

Code: Select all

<page id="8014" title="CODEA Weapon System" descr="">
		<t id="20000">317</t>
		<t id="20001">725</t>
		<t id="20002">726</t>
		<t id="20003">727</t>
	</page>

<page id="2008" title="Script Object Commands" descr="">
		<t id="317">COMMAND_CODEA_WEAPON_SYSTEM</t>
		<t id="725">COMMAND_CODEA_WEAPON_SYSTEM_PATROL</t>
		<t id="726">COMMAND_CODEA_WEAPON_SYSTEM_TENDER_STAY</t>
		<t id="727">COMMAND_CODEA_WEAPON_SYSTEM_TENDER_CONVOYED</t>
	</page>

<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
		<t id="317">Konsole CODEA Waffensystem</t>
		<t id="725">Patrouilliere in Sektor...</t>
		<t id="726">TDR in Bereitschaft...</t>
		<t id="727">Begleitet ...</t>
	</page>

<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
		<t id="317">Codea</t>
		<t id="725">Patroulliere</t>
		<t id="726">Bereitschaft</t>
		<t id="727">Begleitet</t>
	</page>

<page id="2022" title="Command Info" descr="">
		<t id="317">Das CODEA Waffensystem ist eine Software für...
	</page>

Wenn man nun an diesen fünf Stellen die ausgesuchten Slots eingetragen hat, dann wird die Datei einfach gespeichert. Jetzt kann das Spiel gestartet werden.

Information: Sollte die Sprachdatei gepackt sein, sprich die Datei hat die Dateiendung ".pck", dann muss man die Datei vorher entpacken, um sie dann bearbeiten zu können. Das Entpacken kann jedes GZ-fähige Programm, wie WinZip, WinRAR oder 7-Zip, übernehmen. Nach der Änderung kann die Sprachdatei wieder gepackt werden oder aber man löscht die noch vorhandene gepackte Sprachdatei, da eine gepackte Datei von X³ bevorzugt wird.

atroav

Post by atroav » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 01:14

Is there a way I can stop CODEA from changing the names of my fighters when it runs?

I name my ships with a code according to its class and role,and give fighters an individual call sign(big ships get a ship name)

eg : AISS: ASF-MF-CAP: "Viper" means
Atro Industries Security Service: Alpha Strike Force-Medium Fighter-Combat Air Patrol: Callsign "Viper" (Lt Navena Walter a gutsy Argon pilot with a deadly bite)
I know its a long and boring process naming every ship you own like this and admittedly on a 60 ship carrier I may not remember everyone's name and imagined personality later, but a few will always stick out.

Although CODEA is great for launching the right craft for the situation, kick ass "viper" becomes plain ol' PAT Buster sentinal.
PAT Buster Sentinal doesn't tell me much at a glance but ASF-MF-CAP "Viper" tells me all I need to know.

I wouldn't expect you to change the whole script for my benefit but if you could tell me what I need to do so I can keep this great script and my naming system I would greatly appreciate it.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 10:23

@atroav

In the German topic we talk about free names for the branches. I still don't know if I do that. Perhaps ...

LarryBurstyn
x4

pck problem

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 15:43

Is there a program out there that can be used to translate pck files into text or xml files--which I can read and change. And reverse would be nice also. Does X3TC2 use PCK files "better" than XML files?

atroav

Post by atroav » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 16:48

Thanks for the reply Lucike.
I hope you do decide to add a feature like that.

Perhaps you could add a rename function in the hanger menu when you add the fighters .
That way ,people who aren't fussed about naming ,can just add and forget,while OCD types like myself can happily keep order in their game :)

It might be a lot of work to do to an already great script but thanks for at least thinking about it.

Lucike
x4

Re: pck problem

Post by Lucike » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 17:06

LarryBurstyn wrote:Is there a program out there that can be used to translate pck files into text or xml files--which I can read and change. And reverse would be nice also. Does X3TC2 use PCK files "better" than XML files?
Not better, but smaller. Look at this topic. You find there all language files in XML format.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 15#2577315

CODEA language file in XML format
http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_confli ... 4-L044.xml
(Save target as ...)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 21:35

Lucike wrote:
dminor wrote:Quick question does a pilots rank add anything to their fight skills?
Not to the standard fight skills, but we get "Flying Aces" in the next versions. "Flying Aces" fight better, than normal pilots.

[ external image ] [ external image ]
But the general fight skill is attached to the pilot, if I read the Egosoft vanilla scripts right? So one might wanna check those to get the best fighters.

Will "Flying Aces" override the Egosoft scripts or complement them?

Looking forward to the next installment :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”