[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 22:37

How about submitting and entry into the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url]? :)

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 23:22

darkfear wrote:
aka1nas wrote: I think it's the boron M8 (Actually, it's probably a pirate variant that I capped). I have all the above requirements met. Could it matter if the carrier is not an M1? I'm using an M7 panther.
It's definitely not the panther. I'm using a panther with 4 M8 split bombers.

Just remembered, make sure you have free docking ports on your panther.
Do corvettes and tenders take up a docking "spot" even if they can't actually dock in the ship? I should have had a spot or two free for the M8, but I will try removing a few ships to make sure. Anything else I can try?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 10:56

Ok, I figured out what's wrong from the screenshots in the first post. My mechanics and technics are not showing up as part of the carrier's personnel. I ,um ,"liberated" this batch by taking over one the Military transports with the Cheat Scripts and transferring the personnel to my Panther. Out the airlock with the lot of them! :D

I guess I'll have to do this the right way. If I want to use the method where you get the carrier to the outpost right before the transport, do I need to be piloting the carrier?

Also, I've tried using the method where I leave one of the CODEA carrier's ships at a Military Outpost (with a Lt. pilot installed , a CLS, and plenty of cargo space), but they never seem to recruit any personnel. How long should this normally take?

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 16:54

I have a question regarding the missile use of the attackfighters:

I have a flight of Eclipses armed with Thunderbolts. Each time they land they reset the missile fire probability to 0% but they do fire the missiles! What is the rule for this? They automatically check whether the target is worthy of the missile?
And if the ship is armed with different sorts of missiles, will the fighter pick the best missile for the job?
If I would attack a capital ship with my Eclipses armed with Thunderbolts and Wasps, would they first fire Wasps to distract the turrets and then the Thunderbolts?

Great script Lucike, really loving it :D
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 17:58

I've been watching this and can no longer resist the urge to try it out, now that I'm starting to assemble somewhat of a decent carrier fleet and feeling the need for more control.

Just to be sure I don't mess up my entire installation or anything, by "install the required libraries" you mean I have to copy/paste the scripts & t folders in the Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.2.08 ) to my installation and just start up X3:TC?

Can I copy/paste the CODEA scripts in there immediately as well, or should I first run TC with the libraries?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 18:01

aka1nas wrote:Also, I've tried using the method where I leave one of the CODEA carrier's ships at a Military Outpost (with a Lt. pilot installed , a CLS, and plenty of cargo space), but they never seem to recruit any personnel. How long should this normally take?
I'm not sure, but I think it must be a TP. And this method can take quite a while. When I had only one, I waited and waited and started to think, I found a bug. But it wasn't ... its just quite rare that a military transport docks at a station, where this single TP waits ... and after that, it's only getting personell of the pilots race.

So I started another three TPs and send them to different outposts or equipment docks ... now I've got quite a lot of personell ^^
DJSfinx wrote:Just to be sure I don't mess up my entire installation or anything, by "install the required libraries" you mean I have to copy/paste the scripts & t folders in the Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.2.08 ) to my installation and just start up X3:TC?

Can I copy/paste the CODEA scripts in there immediately as well, or should I first run TC with the libraries?
Yes ... just unpack the library and codea into your x3:tc directory ... you can unpack both at the same time, before starting x3:tc. Just be sure, you've always got the latest available library ... also when updating codea or one of the other scripts by Lucike.

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 18:59

Okay, this seems to be somewhat more complex than I imagined :D Correct me if I'm wrong... I need personnel to equip my fighters with, and those I need to recruit at a Military Outpost? Are these guys marines or does it have nothing to do with them?

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 19:14

DJSfinx wrote:Okay, this seems to be somewhat more complex than I imagined :D Correct me if I'm wrong... I need personnel to equip my fighters with, and those I need to recruit at a Military Outpost? Are these guys marines or does it have nothing to do with them?
You should dock at a Military Outpost with your carrier (TM/TL/M7/M1) and go to Commands - Fight commands - CODEA Console. Select Hire and hire the personel on the base. These are NOT the marines! :wink:
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 19:36

So far so good... now I managed to recruit some dude, put him in a Cutlass cockpit and he's listed under Pilots on standby.

But when I go to Attack Fighter Hangar, the Cutlass is not listed anywhere :?
The Cutlass has all the command software installed for CODEA Attack Fighter (fight MK1 & 2, nav 1, couple of lasers installed)

What am I doing wrong?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 22:28

DJSfinx wrote:So far so good... now I managed to recruit some dude, put him in a Cutlass cockpit and he's listed under Pilots on standby.

But when I go to Attack Fighter Hangar, the Cutlass is not listed anywhere :?
The Cutlass has all the command software installed for CODEA Attack Fighter (fight MK1 & 2, nav 1, couple of lasers installed)

What am I doing wrong?
Do you have any of the forbidden extensions installed on the cutlass (SETA, boost extension, Video Enhancement Goggles)?

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 23:05

I have both SETA & boost on it, but was under the impression only the combination of all 3 should exclude it from being detected, as is the case for my personal M3 also docked.

After some clicking between all the menus and disabling/enabling CODEA however, it seems to have solved itself - so it's all good :)

I'm gonna have to work on a solid fighter force first though, then the fun can really begin :D

Canuckian

Post by Canuckian » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 05:58

I installed the MEFOS software mod to get the crew necessary to man the M8 Bombers.

Where can I hire Mechanics and Engineers? Do I just have to dock at a station before one of those blue military transports dock? Are the available crew I can hire random? One time I could hire 15... most times only 2. And I can never find a good Mechanic (any Mechanic so long as I can use my currently useless M8 Bomber)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 08:55

The available crew to hire is random, yes. But mechanics are quite rare to hire and any mechanic should do the job. There are no "ranks" for mechanics.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 00:09

Canuckian wrote:I installed the MEFOS software mod to get the crew necessary to man the M8 Bombers.

Where can I hire Mechanics and Engineers? Do I just have to dock at a station before one of those blue military transports dock? Are the available crew I can hire random? One time I could hire 15... most times only 2. And I can never find a good Mechanic (any Mechanic so long as I can use my currently useless M8 Bomber)
Dock at the station and save. Now just reload until you get your mechanics. That's how I did it to get my last 2 mechanics.

I have a flight of Eclipses armed with Thunderbolts. Each time they land they reset the missile fire probability to 0% but they do fire the missiles! What is the rule for this? They automatically check whether the target is worthy of the missile?
And if the ship is armed with different sorts of missiles, will the fighter pick the best missile for the job?
If I would attack a capital ship with my Eclipses armed with Thunderbolts and Wasps, would they first fire Wasps to distract the turrets and then the Thunderbolts?
They will use different missiles for different targets. The bigger the target, the bigger the missile.
Ok, I figured out what's wrong from the screenshots in the first post. My mechanics and technics are not showing up as part of the carrier's personnel. I ,um ,"liberated" this batch by taking over one the Military transports with the Cheat Scripts and transferring the personnel to my Panther. Out the airlock with the lot of them! Very Happy
Tried that out once too. This does not work. You have to use the honest way, or use save/reload described above.

darkfear
x4

New Version

Post by darkfear » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 00:12

CODEA Weapon System
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.05 - 22. April 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

->CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.beta.07)
-> Necessary "Libraries" (Please reinstall during the Update!)
-> CODEA Manual .PDF Not yet updated!

Prerequisites: X³ Terran Conflict version 1.3 or higher (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

28.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.06)
  • TL class tender ships will only retreat if they are attacked heavily by enemies in the inner security perimeter.
  • Pilots with confirmed kills are promoted more quickly.
  • Changed combat behavior of pilots of high rank with a high amount of kills
  • Weapon, missile and equipment selection improved.
  • Bombers can now use one of two attack formations.
  • Automatic weapon switching improved and expanded.
  • The long range missile attack of corvettes can now be toggled off.
  • All pilots can use combat drones for defense.
  • The personnel overview now displays a performance report of your pilots.
  • Losses are now logged. An analysis is coming at a later date.
  • Fixed error in deinstallation process.
29.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.07)
  • With the attack pattern hammer, bomber pilots will now calculate the amount of missiles to use by analyzing the enemies‘ shield strength.
  • The supply tender didn’t consider the supply factor. Fixed.
  • Equipment selection expanded.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 00:15

Great updates! I'll give those a testrun tomorrow :D.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 19:10

does it ok with MARS turret script?

can the "forbidden" weapons restriction be taken out?
or its needed for logic control?
cos player jump jump/transport to those figther during combat

Canuckian

Post by Canuckian » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 20:41

kelmen wrote:does it ok with MARS turret script?
Yes... MARS works beautifully with this script

I have some constructive criticisms here but first let me just say... BRAVO! I've experimented with many scripts and this one is pure GOLD. It is a game changer (for the better) by making M1s full of fighters fun again. No more micromanaging fighter equipment and fighter wings... freeing you up to actually participate in the fight instead of menu-mashing.

Ok... now for comments:

1. (This may be a comment for MEFOs) I noticed that a Military transport filled with crew is heading for Xenon Core 020... I'm pretty sure they will be met with the traditional Xenon "welcoming" committee

2. Patrol and Recon pilots develop their skills more quickly than Attack pilots due to more time in the cockpit. But in practice, it makes more sense for attack fighters to gain more experience based on COMBAT KILLS (this is based on the script before the latest update so I'm not sure if this is addressed already). I spend a lot of time transferring pilots from REC and PAT to ATF pilots.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 1. May 09, 16:14

Canuckian wrote:1. (This may be a comment for MEFOs) I noticed that a Military transport filled with crew is heading for Xenon Core 020... I'm pretty sure they will be met with the traditional Xenon "welcoming" committee
Hehe ... I think not. Military transports have Jump Drives. ;)
Canuckian wrote:2. Patrol and Recon pilots develop their skills more quickly than Attack pilots due to more time in the cockpit. But in practice, it makes more sense for attack fighters to gain more experience based on COMBAT KILLS (this is based on the script before the latest update so I'm not sure if this is addressed already). I spend a lot of time transferring pilots from REC and PAT to ATF pilots.
I think about it.

Canuckian

Post by Canuckian » Fri, 1. May 09, 18:47

Lucike wrote:
Canuckian wrote:1. (This may be a comment for MEFOs) I noticed that a Military transport filled with crew is heading for Xenon Core 020... I'm pretty sure they will be met with the traditional Xenon "welcoming" committee
Hehe ... I think not. Military transports have Jump Drives. ;)
To clarify, it's DESTINATION is Xenon Station in Xenon Core 020. That can't be right, can it?

Tempted to blast those traitors into the vacuum suck.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”