[SCR] Docking Lockup Fix + Upgrade (v6 - 13.06.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 14:44

gazz are these ok to use with AP?
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 16:35

Anyone using this mod on the latest version of TC? I'm having issues with AI docking at the Xenon Hub and hoping that this will fix it. Either way the AI using docking computer sounds pretty darn nice because it means I wont be waiting an age every time!

The only other mod I know of that using the docking computer is cycrows advanced nav script but I haven't tried that one either.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 21:51

Yes it works fine on the latest update to TC. Works equally well on playership or any of those you own even OOS. It can give you the upper hand in trading though as it docks from about 4.5k out so your ships will usually beat the competition in a close race. I can't confirm that this is so if the competition also have a docking computer on board :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 22:20

Thanks for the confirmation.

I think I see what you are saying about playership in that if I tell auto pilot to dock somewhere then it will teleport when I get in range instead of me having to hit shift-D under 5k again to get it to quick dock. Sounds great!

Yea about that OOS advantage... I mainly need this fix for IS, but I guess that's the way it has to be then since this is the only solution :) If NPC ships could have and make use of docking computers I would not mind.

EDIT:
I tested the script last night and it works for my ships both IS an OOS, but I don't see anything different for the playership? It quick docks (teleports) just like before by me having to hit shift-D while under 5k distance. This is not a big deal though. I think I may have just misunderstood what you meant.

batolemaeus
x4

Post by batolemaeus » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 09:24

I just looked into the code to check if this fix could break AP jump beacon behaviour, and it looks like it doesn't. I'd still recommend backing up your original files. ;)

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 11:15

So, is this fully AP & XRM friendly?

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 05:05

I installed your Numeric race ranks script, which has !init.gz.set.mod.xml. When I tried to install this, it has the same file and is asking me if I want to overwrite it. Is it safe to overwrite it, will both mods work?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 05:10

RustInPieces wrote:!init.gz.set.mod.xml. When I tried to install this, it has the same file and is asking me if I want to overwrite it. Is it safe to overwrite it...?
Yes. It's a one-line script that Gazz (and many others) include in their script packages. All it does is to enable "modified" mode in your game, so that the scripts will work even if you have not enabled the Script Editor in your game.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 05:12

Thank you

Necris
x4

Post by Necris » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 21:01

Being new to the X-series of games I was surprized that the autopilot of my ship did not use my docking computer when it moved within range of doing so, but instead started the slow docking process.
I came to these forum to see if someone had made a mod that altered the behaviour of the docking process into what I had expected when buying the docking computer. I used the "Extra Search" function and searched for "Docking computer" in the correct subforum, there was 19 results but this thread was not one of them.. I found Litcubes "Bounce" and from there found this thread.

I thank you in advance for your mod Gazz, now I am off to study how to install and use mods with a steam version of the game... and apparantly I need to study how to make proper searches on this forum aswell :/

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 21:06

Necris wrote:I was surprized that the autopilot of my ship did not use my docking computer when it moved within range of doing so, but instead started the slow docking process.

Press Shift-D when within range of the docking computer (about 5 km).
I need to study how to make proper searches on this forum aswell :/
Bookmark this link: Search EgoSoft (Google)

Necris
x4

Post by Necris » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 22:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:Press Shift-D when within range of the docking computer (about 5 km).
Yeah, that was what I talked about, that you had to do that if you you told the autopilot to dock at a station that was more than 5km away. I wanted the autopilot to aproach the station and then use the Docking computer automaticaly. And, if I read Gazz's descriptions correctly, that is exactly what this mod does.

This is the first script/mod I have installed, and I can't get it to work. What I have done so far:

I have X3 - Albion Prelude installed from steam.
I have a Docking Computer installed on my ship (I only own one ship)
I copied the three files from Gazz's "Docking Lockup Fix" into AP's script folder.
I started the game and did a "dock at.." command while being 10km away from station.
-> Ship went closer to station then did an autopilot docking, not using the docking computer when close enough.
Read the forum about "modified game" and "script editor".
Activated the script editor and verified that it had been activated. Saved, restarted game and loaded that save.
Did another "dock at.." from 10km, same result as last time.

Have I missed something? Shouldnt this mod, properly installed, make it so that the ship travels towards the station, and as soon as the ship is within 5km of the place it intends to dock, it uses the docking computer (if it has acces to one)? If that is how this mod works, what misstakes have I made with the installation and activation of the mod?
DrBullwinkle wrote:Bookmark this link: Search EgoSoft (Google)
Thanks alot. Is there someway to configure the google search so that it only shows results found in the "scripts and modding" subforum?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 22:55

To my knowledge, the behavior you experience is correct.

For ships other than the ship you are currently piloting, Docking Lockup + Fix will do as you desire. This script is mostly for player-owned ships other than the playership.

Necris wrote:Is there someway to configure the google search so that it only shows results found in the "scripts and modding" subforum?
Add "script" as one of your search terms, if necessary. Google is pretty smart; you will, usually, get relevant threads if your search terms are good (more relevant and unique = better results).

Necris
x4

Post by Necris » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 23:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:To my knowledge, the behavior you experience is correct.

For ships other than the ship you are currently piloting, Docking Lockup + Fix will do as you desire. This script is mostly for player-owned ships other than the playership
So, this mod fixes the one thing that annoyed me the most for all ships, except for the one that I am in... great, now it will annoy me even more when I have to use the extra "shift + d" to activate the docking computer.

Gazz, is this what you intended with the mod? Would it be hard to alter it so that it also affects the "playership"?

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 07:24

Gazz: don't know if you're still around but, as a new player, the docking freezing of my Carrier craft has really been annoying me. So I dexided to give your script a try....

Before this script, I have constantly had two fighters that refused to dock without me reissuing the "Dock at homebase command" to get them moving. After installing your script, I saw the same two fighters hesitate slightly and I thought: "meh...this script doesn't do anything". Then, suddenly, I saw them moving towards the approach, as though your script had given them the needed kick up the ass, before docking perfectly! :D

So thank you, you've saved me a lot of aggravational feelings as far as Carrier docking is concerned.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”