[Mod] Unofficial bug (player) fixes 2.7comp * updated 12 Jun*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 08:05

enenra wrote:@draffut

The change you did to the Eclipse doesn't match up with what we know from Reunion. The banana-eclipse is the original version of the Eclipse done by Egosoft and added in Patch 2.0 for Reunion. The model of the pirate Eclipse is from the XTended Mod and was the replacement of the original Eclipse model because in a vote it was decided to swap them.
This essentially means that both models are the Eclipse. The Notus Hauler has - like some other ships as well - no own model. This is why it uses the Egosoft Eclipse model.

So technically it would make more sense to replace the Notus Hauler's body with the XTM Eclipse as the Egosoft Eclipse Model is known from Vanilla Reunion to be the Eclipse. ;)
thanks for pointing that out. i'll go about swapping the graphics once that computer is back up and running.
Alkaiser wrote:Not sure if this is common knowledge or not... but the ATF M4 Mjollnir has 7 guns, one of them appears to be leftover from the design phase and makes its load out lop-sided.
i noticed that as well. at least now i am not the only one that thinks it is lop-sided. i'll take a look at it again in a couple of days.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Alkaiser
xr

Another one...

Post by Alkaiser » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 19:21

Looks like the ATF M5 Valkyrie has exactly the same problem as the M4. 5 guns with one on the left without one on the right. For an M5, this is overkill. It is also pointless given the amount of weapon energy this ship produces.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 08:55

Interested in this mod. I have a question.

I have Exteral Docking Mod and PHQ Mod installed.

I can't any posts on it. Is there any known issues with this and other mods together?
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 22:51

XDrake wrote:Interested in this mod. I have a question.

I have Exteral Docking Mod and PHQ Mod installed.

I can't any posts on it. Is there any known issues with this and other mods together?
any mod that makes changes to the files included in my mod will not work until you make the necessary changes. I.E. the external docking i believe makes changes to the Tships.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Melcahya

Post by Melcahya » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 01:40

I have the cmod 3, improved ships, ATF shipyard, signal boost, hard mod, marine repairs, and improved boarding.

I want to know if this patch, will cause any conflict with this mods?
I don't know much about scripts or modding

Thanks and very good work draffutt!! :thumb_up:

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 02:08

It will intefere with your improved ships (I use cmod 3 and the improved ships is really not needed for it imo).

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 02:24

Melcahya wrote:improved ships, ATF shipyard.

yes this will cause conflicts with improved ships and atf shipyard.

@alkaiser i have to disagree about the M5 and the number of guns. after reviewing the M5 class i have to agree with how ego set this up.

*update*
1) reason for the cockpit problem that was pointed out by bigdan6248 for the Perseus Vanguard is somehow i did not include the updated scene file :oops:

2) per enenra pointing out the eclipse. i have change the graphic files again. the "eclipse" class now looks like the standard ego graphic from reunion and the notus hauler now looks like the XTM eclipse model.

3) the valkyrie and Mjollnir; (they both use the same model) i have moved one of the weapons so the weapon loadout on the model no longer looks lopsided.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 03:15

What exactly you did to the Kite stats? the Kite is an M4+ not an M4, in vainilla has wrong shield type equiped, it should be 4x25mj not 4x5MJ, and the Kite Vanguard is just a variation of him only avalible via corp missions.

The wrong base ship fix means that, for example, the Perseus Raider and Advanced Perseus now uses the Perseus model and no the Susanowa one?

I think the springblossom changes where intended.

Another changes i whould suggest:
-Nova Sentinel shields, is has to be a bug, i recomend 5x25MJ.
-OTAS Rewards: 2 of 3 of those rewards are ships avalible at the shipyard, with seems to be wrong, i recomend change the 1st reward from Solano to Eurus and the 3rd one from Skiron to Auster Hauler or Notus Hauler.
-Add the Merlin Hauler to Boron shipyards and Boron sector patrols(tweak the laser pool and cargo bay first)
-Fix Ghoul missile speed, it should be something similar to flair
-Check if there is any non-added fab to the Terran shipyard (protein paste L, M/A-M Warheads fabs, Ghoul and Spectre fabs, Ice mine...)
-If possible fix the Wraith missile, all of them explode if any 1 of the swarm is hit.
-Fix Advanced Eclipse and Eclipse Prototype model(maybe already fixed?) and stats, those are worse than the original eclipse.
-Nothing can be done about CFA and FBL?

Those are all i remember now.

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 16:17

draffutt wrote:
Melcahya wrote:improved ships, ATF shipyard.

yes this will cause conflicts with improved ships and atf shipyard.
I am using the pre-22nd April version of this mod and the ATF shipyard apparently without conflicts. Is the conflict in the new version?

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 22:12

Cuddly_Tomato wrote:I am using the pre-22nd April version of this mod and the ATF shipyard apparently without conflicts. Is the conflict in the new version?
i was thinking of another shipyard/eq mod. this is compatible with mine since it is only a script. so you are good to go. :thumb_up:

LTerSlash wrote:What exactly you did to the Kite stats? the Kite is an M4+ not an M4, in vainilla has wrong shield type equiped, it should be 4x25mj not 4x5MJ, and the Kite Vanguard is just a variation of him only avalible via corp missions.

as stated in the op i swapped their stats. they have retained their class rating.

The wrong base ship fix means that, for example, the Perseus Raider and Advanced Perseus now uses the Perseus model and no the Susanowa one?

the susanowa uses the same body file as the perseus for the most part. the only real difference is the susanowa comes prepainted with yaki colors.

I think the springblossom changes where intended.

i have to disagree. what i think happened was rather then create a ts terran rear cockpit they used one they thought wasn't in use. each class of ship has a cockpit create/assigned. but the terran ts rear turret cockpit does not exist.

Another changes i whould suggest:
-Nova Sentinel shields, is has to be a bug, i recomend 5x25MJ.

i have to agree with CBJ on this. why do you think this ship deserves 5x25MJ? if i were to do that then what would be the point in trying to aquire the nova prototype for example? it only has 4x25MJ. overall the sentinel would have more shields, it has more weapons choices, built in equipment, and slightly smaller cargo space compared to the prototype (starts off with 4 less cargo space then the prototype). the only real thing going for the prototype is that it would be 1/3 faster and larger laser energy storage. what i think needs to happen is all the fighters needs to be redone. but that is just my opinion

-OTAS Rewards: 2 of 3 of those rewards are ships avalible at the shipyard, with seems to be wrong, i recomend change the 1st reward from Solano to Eurus and the 3rd one from Skiron to Auster Hauler or Notus Hauler.

this deals with the MD and i am not going to touch that. there is already enough problems with the missions as it is.

-Add the Merlin Hauler to Boron shipyards and Boron sector patrols(tweak the laser pool and cargo bay first)

for the moment i don't see a point in adding this ship as it doesn't even remotely look like a boron ship (it uses the argon ship body). i have been considering checking out other boron models and maybe reusing one of those then add it to the game. but as for adding it to sector patrols i'm not up for modding the jobs file for the moment. i am sure it is easy and i may at some point. now that you brought it up i may since i wasn't aware of this. :wink:

-Fix Ghoul missile speed, it should be something similar to flair

i've been considering fixing this as well as the specter missile.

-Check if there is any non-added fab to the Terran shipyard (protein paste L, M/A-M Warheads fabs, Ghoul and Spectre fabs, Ice mine...)

i am going to wait and see what the 2.1 patch fixes. for the moment i am trying to keep my mod save game compatible. i figured out how to fix the problem with the drone factories but in order for me to fix it would require to game to be *modified*.

-If possible fix the Wraith missile, all of them explode if any 1 of the swarm is hit.

i don't think i could fix this

-Fix Advanced Eclipse and Eclipse Prototype model(maybe already fixed?) and stats, those are worse than the original eclipse.

all the "eclipse" models look the same now. as for stats did you notice both the "base" eclipse's are classed as M3+'s and the advance/prototype are only M3's? so if i changed those 2 ships they wouldn't even compare to other M3's classed ships

-Nothing can be done about CFA and FBL?

this is something GAZZ or Ulifus would be able to fix. as they are much more experienced with the ingame weapons.

Those are all i remember now.

if you know of anything else thou let me know

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 05:44

Something really strange is going on the classification of some ships it seems them...

I mean is strange that a ship, will be an M3+ and a M3 in one of their variations.

Thats why i think something is wrong with those Eclipses versions... either where NOT intended to be Eclipses or is a mistake/unfinished job of the devs. Is hard to ask you to mod their stats because you shouldt have to do so, you will be altering the ship balance. But i dont know, it feels wrong... mostly for the Eclipse Prototype, since the player has to work hard to get it.

The Prototype one is of the Argon version, and ends to be slower, undershielded, and the only gains seems to be 30 units of cargo, and well hull points... that why i think something is wrong here, at least it should have the same amount of shields, and even so it seem unfair that this is the reward of the 10 rank of Terracorp... for 120m/s i think it should have the same amount of shielding of the Falcon Sentinel. But again this is mesing up with the ships balance, i have to idea of what the devs intended for this ship.

The Advanced one... it seems to be the Advanced PIRATE Eclipse, i dont know why is slower but it seems to be the Advanced version of the Pirates one, so this one looks right, atleast is easy to get.

For the Kite... the Kite is the Teladi M4+ and im sure that someone misstyped a "2" in those shields, it has to be 4x25MJ, it makes no sence to be 5MJ ones, the fact that the Vanguard has 25MJ ones support this. The Vanguard is also an M4+ and it just a improved version nothing more.

The Nova Sentinel... i dont know if it needs 5x25MJ... but it needs something to compensate the 40m/s loss in speed... just compare it with the standart Nova and you will know it, also is the only Sentinel variant that i know that has no change in the amount of shielding compared to the standart version.

Anyway, great job :)

P.D. About the Perseus and Susanowa, this is what i mean.

This is the Perseus and Perseus Sentinel
http://eng.x3tc.ru/screenshot/ship.php?MjMzOTM0MDM

This is the Perseus Raider, Vanguard and Advanced Perseus
http://eng.x3tc.ru/screenshot/ship.php?OTQyMjM2OTE

We known from X3R that the first one is the correct model for the Perseus...

Now the Susanowa is using the same model than the Perseus, and the Susanowa Hauler, Raider and prototype is using this model.

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-ship. ... jM0NzU2NTk

With is the same than the Perseus Raider, etc...

What i think is going on here is, Perseus Raider, Vanguard and Advanced is wrongly using the model corresponding to the Susanowas, and the standart Susanowa is wrongly using the Perseus model.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 16:24

What i think is going on here is, Perseus Raider, Vanguard and Advanced is wrongly using the model corresponding to the Susanowas, and the standart Susanowa is wrongly using the Perseus model.
bah... I disagree. Some Yaki ships are not unique models, they are the same as another ship in game, (shuri is a Colossus, the two frigates are the Argon and Paranid M7, and the same for fighters) I think that this is intended, they have stolen plans or a ship and reverse engineered it (they are pirates).
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 01:32

LTerSlash wrote:Something really strange is going on the classification of some ships it seems them...

as i mentioned i thinks it needs to be redown or re looked over

The Vanguard is also an M4+ and it just a improved version nothing more.

actually the vanguard is a M4 only

P.D. About the Perseus and Susanowa......

to be honest i wouldn't go by what x3 reunion had with these ships graphically.
here is an example why:

[ external image ]

i have circled the scene files in use by these ships in a vanilla game. did you notice there is no paranid_m3_var2_scene file in use even thou it exists? that is because it has been broken since reunion. rather then fix it like i did they just reused one that worked. so if you play a vanilla game you end up with 3 ships using 1 scene file in TC. same goes with the susanowa var2 and var3 have been broken since reunion and no one fixed them. there are several other ships like this so to say they are using the wrong models is an incorrect statement as they were never fixed.

so now you have this with my mod. 4 models for 5 ship classes of perseus:
[ external image ]

compared to plain vanilla 3 models for 5 ship classes for the perseus. :wink:

now as far as the perseus raider and susanowa raider not matching for example; i went with someone else's logic. the yaki used the ships as they saw fit rather then how the paranid may have used them. that is why they are called susanowa

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

milp

Post by milp » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 13:53

Hey guys,

Could someone please tell me how to verify that the fixes work?

Because i just installed it, went ingame, spawned a Terran Fusion Beam Cannon Forge and it still produces delaxian wheat :(

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 14:56

that is because that forge hasn't been fixed by this mod. :wink:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 18:54

Could someone please tell me how to verify that the fixes work?
spawn the cannon in your cargo hold with cheats... the only way imho!
If you want to be fair you can waste some money to "pay" the cannon.

@draffutt
What the... ! the different paranid M3 versions EXIST (a modeler created them) but are not used in game? THAT IS MADNESS!

I'm really happy that there is someone like you! :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Azag_thoth

Post by Azag_thoth » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 04:09

someone else wrote: @draffutt
What the... ! the different paranid M3 versions EXIST (a modeler created them) but are not used in game? THAT IS MADNESS!

I'm really happy that there is someone like you! :D
I agree. I can sympathise reusing ship models if a unique model doesn't exist for something. But if a model is there and not being used, I feel like 95% of the work is done, and it boggles my mind.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:17

Azag_thoth wrote:I agree. I can sympathise reusing ship models if a unique model doesn't exist for something. But if a model is there and not being used, I feel like 95% of the work is done, and it boggles my mind.
can not really blame the TC dev crew as i am pretty sure most of them did not work on reunion and reunion feels like it was rushed. so those rushed elements where carried over. so if the current crew did not know something was broken they are not going to fix it. :wink:

@ for you lurker out there. hopefully someone will be able to answer a couple of questions:

1) is this menu hardcoded?:
[ external image ]

this is the menu you get when you select the merc training facility in danna's chance or is it brennan's triumph. as you can see it lists the soldiers as marines with a vol 8. this is incorrect. it should be mercenary with a vol 9. but i can not find the script/menu that controls this. so any help with this would be great.

2) is the "title" portion of the menu hardcoded?:
[ external image ]

since the yaki play a greater role in this game i went ahead and added a rank structure based on the RL yakuza in the 0001 file. but i have been unable to find where "title" is controlled from so i can add the checks in. so any info on this would be great as well if this is at all possible.

3) anyone know why is it when i try to spawn this model in game the terran M5 lasertower (and by the way this came with the 2.0 release):
[ external image ]

i get this model in game instead (there is no reference in the Tships for this model for the terran laswertower and yet this is what spawns):
[ external image ]
which is the argon lasertower graphic. i so far have tried evey way i can think of at the moment to get that terran laser model to spawn instead of the argon model. :headbang:

@for the rest of you

*update*

i have fixed it so now the fusionbeam cannon, plasma beam cannon, phased array laser cannon, and tri-beam cannon all now produce the correct end product instead of delaxian wheat. so now they will work if you cheat/script/ or mod them in.

also i change a referance name in the waretemplate from s_lwep_complex to s_mwep_complex to reflect that it actually produces (m)edium weapons and not (l)ight weapons. had to make the necessary update to the x3_universe with the updated info. :wink:

with this change i actived the last inactive complex so now it produces an end produce instead of delaxian wheat as well.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:43

i so far have tried evey way i can think of at the moment to get that terran laser model to spawn instead of the argon model.
mah... I suggest to create a new lasertower entry in Tships and to paste the terran turret "numbers" in it
or maybe to class the turret as a m4, so the two are different (Argon and Terran)

That Terran turret is lovely! too bad we can't use it! (the standard lasturret is the SAME form X2!!!!!!!!! with crappy grafics too!!! but still powerful.)

p.s. isn't there another way to install this mod? I am really annoyed to do the required procedure all the times you update it! :oops:
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 18:30

someone else wrote:That Terran turret is lovely! too bad we can't use it! (the standard lasturret is the SAME form X2!!!!!!!!! with crappy grafics too!!! but still powerful.)

p.s. isn't there another way to install this mod? I am really annoyed to do the required procedure all the times you update it! :oops:
i'm going to continue to try and see if i can get that thing to work in game. i am just "missing" something.

as for proceedure are you referring the the install instructions in the OP? you only need to do that if i change scene files and you own those assets i changed. so all you need to do is extract the cat/dat and overwrite the existing one. nothing else is needed to be done. at least with this release :wink:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”