[Mod] Unofficial bug (player) fixes 2.7comp * updated 12 Jun*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 14:24

Ok, thanks.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 19:30

About the translation error that you brought up "it suddenly struck me that that" is acctually grammatically correct, it just seems an odd way of saying it. (it loses a lot of meaning when it is written down lol) A better way of writing it would be:

it suddenly struck me that; that....etc

when written down it does appear to be a mistake in the translation however if you speak it out loud it makes moe sense. Otherwise brilliant work man i look forward to installing this patch soon.
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Azag_thoth

Post by Azag_thoth » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 02:01

I'd just like to say that I like your mod and all your little fixes.

I have a dream... that someday I won't have to go through my game files and do the same quick fixes every time I patch my game to a newer version.

Also, I don't think this could be classified as something that needs to be fixed... but the baldric and baldric miner have the EXACT SAME STATS... and I'm sure a lot of people might not care about that kind of thing, but personally, it bugs me like nothing has ever bugged me before.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 05:32

Azag_thoth wrote:I'd just like to say that I like your mod and all your little fixes.
i am glad you like it :thumb_up:
Also, I don't think this could be classified as something that needs to be fixed... but the baldric and baldric miner have the EXACT SAME STATS... and I'm sure a lot of people might not care about that kind of thing, but personally, it bugs me like nothing has ever bugged me before.
i know what you mean and i had considered make a slight adjustment in that department as well to go in line with the other miner classed ships........ but at least now it has the basic miner equipment. :wink:

***small update***

in restoring the rear springblossom's turret i did not realize it broke the baldric miners rear turret. :oops: the baldric miner turret has been restored. just download from the op and overwrite the current patch files you have.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Seathal
x4

Re: [Mod] 2.02 bug (player) fixes

Post by Seathal » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:15

draffutt wrote: 7) I have removed all dead turrets from any ship that does not use them. why draw them if they are not going to be use or are able to use? I.E. M5 class why are rear turret draw on some of these if not a single M5 class can use for instance?
At least Kestrel and Valkyrie M5-class ships use rear turrets. Don't they?

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:52

kestrel class was the only M5 class that uses rear turrets and still does with this patch.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:53

maybe someone else will find this beneficial
yep, I find this very beneficial!

(yes, I chose my nickname to make this type of simple humour around the forums :D )

Downloading now. A half of your fixes are beyond my comprehension (I'm not a modder) but I think that ANY fix is a good fix.

Probably for this mod/patch you will be awarded with a permanent seat in Ego's staff (like Xenon_slayer). 8)
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 17:41

Mudkest wrote:
draffutt wrote:you know as soon as i ready what you wrote i realized i should have checked the quote online. oh well.... i've restored the extra that in the quote and updated the file. :wink:
how about we both edit our posts and pretent it never happened?
I guess you could say you're pretending that that never happened :D
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 19:12

strude wrote:I guess you could say you're pretending that that never happened :D
good one :thumb_up:

*another small update*

was doing a quest to deliver a ship and the quest giver wanted a mercury tanker. i was thinking to myself which one am i suppose to get? am i to play a guessing game as there is a small and large version...... now when you buy or are given a quest for the tanker or super freighter class you'll know which one you are buying or what the quest giver wants you to deliver.

2nd i swapped the stats for the kite and kite vanguard. the kite was listed as a M4+ but had stats for a M4 and the kite vanguard was listed as a M4 but had stats for a M4+. this is now corrected.

just download from the op and over write the currect version you have.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 23:07

I'm getting the info for fight drones when targeting a freight drones factory - hasn't Betty got the wave files for frieght drones?

This is one kind of Mod that I love - the one in Oblivion fixed thousands upon thousands of bugs. I admire your work in this, thank you.

Cheers!

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 00:21

Locksley wrote:I'm getting the info for fight drones when targeting a freight drones factory - hasn't Betty got the wave files for frieght drones?
freight drones yes there is a voiced segment for that; not for freight producing factories. i could splice it so it would work (give the proper description) but for the moment thou i am not going too.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Tempai
x4

Post by Tempai » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 16:26

Thxs for your excellent work.
Im still having trouble with the pirate Galleon left and right turrent wep loadout, could someone plse confirm that its correct now, seems the left is able to install more than the right. I am using steam vers 2.0 no other mods/scripts except this fix and cheats.
Once again draffutt thanks for your work, people like you make great games better.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 17:06

Tempai wrote:Im still having trouble with the pirate Galleon left and right turrent wep loadout, could someone plse confirm that its correct now, seems the left is able to install more than the right
good catch. i did not notice a boron cockpit used instead of a argon cockpit (all other positions used argon). the boron assigned cockpit allows more weapons to be installed. i only checked cockpit positions. i'll fix that in a little bit.

**edit**

another small update:

fixed the weapon loadout Tempai reported

fixed the freight drone description Locksley reported and while i was at it fixed the description for the tractor beam

fixed/updated/changed an entry in the WareTemplate so now split has their own heavy weapons complex

as Axag-Thoth pointed out the baldric and baldric miner has the exact same stats. i have slightly changed this.

as was mentioned over in the dev channel about a couple of signs blocking the autopilot if the player was IS since the signs were near the path to the docking clamps so i moved then out of the way.

same as before just download and overwrite the current cat/dat

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Tempai
x4

Post by Tempai » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 08:21

IMO the two must have mods for TC are this and cmod3 by Ulfius. The improved ships v3.1 pluggin for Cmod has some excellent changes that enhances game play but to my dismay undos the brillance of the turrent balances in this mod. Call me anal but I can not stand the unsymetrical turrent layout of some of the vanilla ships that this mod corrects (furrious with Egosoft for not fixing this in any patch) :evil: . Could someone point me to a topic on learning to edit the ship files so I can attempt to rectify this myself for my own sanity. Thxs

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 15:51

draffutt wrote: another small update:

fixed the freight drone description Locksley reported and while i was at it fixed the description for the tractor beam
That moment wasn't as long as I anticipated.

I want to marry you and bear your children :D

EDIT: When targeting a frieghtdrone factory there is a pause and then Betty says "Freight drone" - is this correct behavior?

Tempai --> Start with DL DubleShadows X3 editor; you can read about it and other related stuff in this post http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220438

Also check the sticky on tutorials!

What you want done is not that hard to do - just a bit tedius maybe... :)

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 03:29

Tempai wrote:Could someone point me to a topic on learning to edit the ship files so I can attempt to rectify this myself for my own sanity. Thxs
just use the file Lacksley pointed to. i use that when i don't feel like doing it manually.
Locksley wrote:EDIT: When targeting a frieghtdrone factory there is a pause and then Betty says "Freight drone" - is this correct behavior?
just so i am clear; you are talking about the description when the other lady (i don't remember her name) speaks "this production facility manufactures" before betty says freight drone? so your saying the other lady doesn't speak her part?. if that is the case did you rename, move, or delete the 44.pck in the \mov folder in your game folder? if you don't then the game uses that file over mine. if that isn't the case then i'll need to more info as it is working perfectly on mine.

@Gazz

just in case you read this gazz do you have a problem with me including your adjustment for the tokyo in this package?

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 08:23

EDIT: Forgot - you explicitly wrote in your opening post and the one above, that one should remove the 44 file. I am sorry I forgot about that.
Removed post as it was I who missed to install it right.

But I can add some of my info. I've checked and modified those mods that overwrite your changes in my game. Such as the EMP mod; I've updated it with your fixes.

This might be pointed out to people so they know that they might have to adjust some files if they want to enjoy your work completly when playing with more mods. Allthough considering I missed your installation instructions... :oops:

Thankyou

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 11:22

Just want to post and express my appreciation for this mod. It sorted quite a few issues that while small, were still pretty irksome.

Excellent work draffutt.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 11:38

Cuddly_Tomato wrote:Just want to post and express my appreciation for this mod. It sorted quite a few issues that while small, were still pretty irksome.

Excellent work draffutt.
Locksley wrote:EDIT: Forgot - you explicitly wrote in your opening post and the one above, that one should remove the 44 file. I am sorry I forgot about that.
I'm glad it is working now. report any other problems you may come across. maybe if i can get my bug fixes bug free they may eventually include in a offical release. :wink:

*small update*

i have included Saetan Terraformer Hub (Bug-Fix) Link with this update. i am sure he'll be happy if you thank him for it. :wink:

2nd over in the dev net it was reported the pirate eclipse did not look anything like the other eclipse classed ships. also the notus (otas) hauler looked like a eclipse classed ship. this is because the 2 ships were using the wrong graphic files. i have swapped the 2 graphics files so now the pirate eclipse looks like the other eclipse classed ships and the notus nows looks like a different type of ship.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 16:24

i have swapped the 2 graphics files so now the pirate eclipse looks like the other eclipse classed ships and the notus nows looks like a different type of ship.
just out of curiosity... but the model of the ex pirate eclipse that looked like a bigger nova... now what ships use it? maybe the difference eclipse /pirate eclipse was intentional :?

EDIT: just another thought... have you read about Bug of the fighter drone and fighter drone mk2 fact. that are listed in shipyards but out of stock? I remeber that a guy said that was easy to fix... that is a much needed fix! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”