[Mod] Unofficial bug (player) fixes 2.7comp * updated 12 Jun*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 18:54

Could someone please tell me how to verify that the fixes work?
spawn the cannon in your cargo hold with cheats... the only way imho!
If you want to be fair you can waste some money to "pay" the cannon.

@draffutt
What the... ! the different paranid M3 versions EXIST (a modeler created them) but are not used in game? THAT IS MADNESS!

I'm really happy that there is someone like you! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Azag_thoth

Post by Azag_thoth » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 04:09

someone else wrote: @draffutt
What the... ! the different paranid M3 versions EXIST (a modeler created them) but are not used in game? THAT IS MADNESS!

I'm really happy that there is someone like you! :D
I agree. I can sympathise reusing ship models if a unique model doesn't exist for something. But if a model is there and not being used, I feel like 95% of the work is done, and it boggles my mind.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:17

Azag_thoth wrote:I agree. I can sympathise reusing ship models if a unique model doesn't exist for something. But if a model is there and not being used, I feel like 95% of the work is done, and it boggles my mind.
can not really blame the TC dev crew as i am pretty sure most of them did not work on reunion and reunion feels like it was rushed. so those rushed elements where carried over. so if the current crew did not know something was broken they are not going to fix it. :wink:

@ for you lurker out there. hopefully someone will be able to answer a couple of questions:

1) is this menu hardcoded?:
[ external image ]

this is the menu you get when you select the merc training facility in danna's chance or is it brennan's triumph. as you can see it lists the soldiers as marines with a vol 8. this is incorrect. it should be mercenary with a vol 9. but i can not find the script/menu that controls this. so any help with this would be great.

2) is the "title" portion of the menu hardcoded?:
[ external image ]

since the yaki play a greater role in this game i went ahead and added a rank structure based on the RL yakuza in the 0001 file. but i have been unable to find where "title" is controlled from so i can add the checks in. so any info on this would be great as well if this is at all possible.

3) anyone know why is it when i try to spawn this model in game the terran M5 lasertower (and by the way this came with the 2.0 release):
[ external image ]

i get this model in game instead (there is no reference in the Tships for this model for the terran laswertower and yet this is what spawns):
[ external image ]
which is the argon lasertower graphic. i so far have tried evey way i can think of at the moment to get that terran laser model to spawn instead of the argon model. :headbang:

@for the rest of you

*update*

i have fixed it so now the fusionbeam cannon, plasma beam cannon, phased array laser cannon, and tri-beam cannon all now produce the correct end product instead of delaxian wheat. so now they will work if you cheat/script/ or mod them in.

also i change a referance name in the waretemplate from s_lwep_complex to s_mwep_complex to reflect that it actually produces (m)edium weapons and not (l)ight weapons. had to make the necessary update to the x3_universe with the updated info. :wink:

with this change i actived the last inactive complex so now it produces an end produce instead of delaxian wheat as well.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:43

i so far have tried evey way i can think of at the moment to get that terran laser model to spawn instead of the argon model.
mah... I suggest to create a new lasertower entry in Tships and to paste the terran turret "numbers" in it
or maybe to class the turret as a m4, so the two are different (Argon and Terran)

That Terran turret is lovely! too bad we can't use it! (the standard lasturret is the SAME form X2!!!!!!!!! with crappy grafics too!!! but still powerful.)

p.s. isn't there another way to install this mod? I am really annoyed to do the required procedure all the times you update it! :oops:
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 18:30

someone else wrote:That Terran turret is lovely! too bad we can't use it! (the standard lasturret is the SAME form X2!!!!!!!!! with crappy grafics too!!! but still powerful.)

p.s. isn't there another way to install this mod? I am really annoyed to do the required procedure all the times you update it! :oops:
i'm going to continue to try and see if i can get that thing to work in game. i am just "missing" something.

as for proceedure are you referring the the install instructions in the OP? you only need to do that if i change scene files and you own those assets i changed. so all you need to do is extract the cat/dat and overwrite the existing one. nothing else is needed to be done. at least with this release :wink:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 18:52

How did you set the fusion beam cannon factory et. al. to produce a specific ware? I've been searching through the files for a way to specify what a new factory produces but haven't had any real success. What file controls that?

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 19:09

as for proceedure are you referring the the install instructions in the OP? you only need to do that if i change scene files and you own those assets i changed.
yep! referring to that! I assume only my IS assets can affect... or OOS ships are a problem too?
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 19:16

MutantDwarf wrote:How did you set the fusion beam cannon factory et. al. to produce a specific ware? I've been searching through the files for a way to specify what a new factory produces but haven't had any real success. What file controls that?
the file that controls this is the waretemplate.xml
someone else wrote:yep! referring to that! I assume only my IS assets can affect... or OOS ships are a problem too?
only IS assets are affected as far as graphic files are concerned. if i include a fix in the future for the problem for the advance drone factory not being in stock for example this will have to be handled differently.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 19:20

if i include a fix for the problem for the advance drone not being in stock for example this will have to be handled differently.
I have read about the forums that if you kill the shipyard then it will respawn with the adv drone factory on stock.
(maybe a script that kills/respawns a shipyard can solve the problem)

I hope that helps you, thanks for the reply!
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 19:40

You don't even need to kill the shipyard to make that work - just run a script that adds one unit of advanced drone factory to the shipyards that are missing it.

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 17:37

Some little things that are bugging me :
-"mammoth" roll rate seems 10 times too high
-"mammoth" and "mobile mining base ship" (terran TL) have the same stats
-"mobile mining base ship" has seven fighter exit but can only carry five
-the ATF tyr has 16 cannons on each side but you can only equip 12 weapons (this might be hard to fix adding the corresponding turrets in tship didn't work you still can only mount 12 weapons)
-the "mobile mining base ship" has 4 cannons on top and at the rear but can only mount 2 (easy to fix by adding the corresponding turrets)
-the terran tokyo (M1) weapon recharge rate seems 10 times too high

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 17:54

Did you fix the bugged Terran missiles yet? When I installed the patch probably a few weeks ago, I had to do it myself. The Wraith has a blast radius that's way too large (makes it near impossible for any Wraith to land a hit because shooting one Wraith down will make all of the swarm be destroyed). The Ghost missile is about ten times too slow (it's supposed to be a Flail-alike, but only has a speed of 45m/s). The Spectre missile's range is too low. The Shadow missile is set up to be a Swarm missile when it really shouldn't be (and nothing in the game indicates it should).

Also: The ATF M7M (the Skirnir) doesn't work right, methinks. It has weapons in turrets that should have none, as it's a missile frigate. Make it have no guns in the left and right turrets and it'll work properly.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 21:06

at the moment i am not going to release another patch. as the devs are getting ready to release the 2.1 patch i am currently in the process of updating this to work with 2.1. hopefully this well be ready the day after they release there's.

but i will take a look at what both of you have pointed out.

**edit**
MutantDwarf wrote:Also: The ATF M7M (the Skirnir) doesn't work right, methinks. It has weapons in turrets that should have none, as it's a missile frigate. Make it have no guns in the left and right turrets and it'll work properly.
you were right. this ship was having an identy crisis. i've fixed it.
pewpew wrote:Some little things that are bugging me :
-"mammoth" roll rate seems 10 times too high
going to leave this as is
-"mammoth" and "mobile mining base ship" (terran TL) have the same stats
i have slightly changed the stats of mobile mining to reflect it as a mining ship as the label suggests rather then a true TL so the stats are no longer the same as the mammoth
-"mobile mining base ship" has seven fighter exit but can only carry five
actually the mobile mining has 9
-the ATF tyr has 16 cannons on each side but you can only equip 12 weapons (this might be hard to fix adding the corresponding turrets in tship didn't work you still can only mount 12 weapons)
-the "mobile mining base ship" has 4 cannons on top and at the rear but can only mount 2 (easy to fix by adding the corresponding turrets)
going to leave this as is as well. this isn't a problem with the number of installable turrets. i know what the dev's intended but there are only currently 3 captial ship turrets graphics to choose from and they are all double barrel. it looked funny replace the double barrel for the fighters version of the single barrel. so i am going to leave this as is.
-the terran tokyo (M1) weapon recharge rate seems 10 times too high
the only ship that even came close to the tokyo in stats was the #deca and that ship is suppose to be a unqiue ship. (at least i have only come across one and that was during the terran campain). so i have slightly adjusted this to be closer to stats of other carrier classes.

rather then wait for the 2.1 to come out i decided to update a couple of elements:

41) missiles:
-Mosquito: change the blast radius from 0 to 1
-Ghoul missile: speed is more in line with other missiles of its class
-specter missile: lifetime is more in line with other missiles of its class
-wraith: reduced the blast radius of the swarm. so if one goes off it doesn't/shouldn't automatically destroy the whole swarm.

42) fixed the skirnir. it was having an identy crisis. it had trouble deciding if it was a cruiser or missile frig.

43) adjusted the stats for the tokyo. only ship that even came close in stats was the #deca and that is a unique ship (at least in my game it is). now the tokyo is more in line with other M2 classed ships.

44) since the dev's added a turret to the truelight with the release of TC i made it functional.

just overwrite the old patch and your good to go.

this does not contain any file(s) from the 2.1 update. :wink:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Fri, 1. May 09, 13:50

draffutt wrote:43) adjusted the stats for the tokyo. only ship that even came close in stats was the #deca and that is a unique ship (at least in my game it is). now the tokyo is more in line with other M2 classed ships.
terran carrier is now a destroyer? :D

USC M1 = Tokyo
USC M2 = Osaka

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Fri, 1. May 09, 15:14

that is what i get for typing really fast and not reviewing what i wrote. :P the tokyo is still an M1.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Fri, 1. May 09, 15:21

Cat and Dat files in the X3patch.rar are 09.cat and 09.dat, might want to change them back to 08.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Fri, 1. May 09, 15:36

your right. it would save any confusion. done.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 1. May 09, 18:51

draffut wrote:43) adjusted the stats for the tokyo. only ship that even came close in stats was the #deca and that is a unique ship (at least in my game it is). now the tokyo is more in line with other M2 classed ships.
Hey! maybe that was intentional, the Tokio can mount PSP that are really power hungry! (the same goes for Osaka and Tyr, it has a lot bigger power generator than Commonwealth M2 but it is not wrong nor overpowered)

another thing.... I was doing a Ship size comparison with X Models 3D viewer and I was looking at Atmosferic Lifter: It seems to have the cockpit screwed... what do you think?
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Sat, 2. May 09, 18:16

The terran TL can also mount PSP but his stats are in line with other ships of the same type.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 2. May 09, 19:22

someone else wrote:Hey! maybe that was intentional, the Tokio can mount PSP that are really power hungry! (the same goes for Osaka and Tyr, it has a lot bigger power generator than Commonwealth M2 but it is not wrong nor overpowered)
actually this is mistyped on my part. its an M1 and not an M2. so using another terran classed carrier the odin. it also has PSP but only 1/4 the energy reserves.
another thing.... I was doing a Ship size comparison with X Models 3D viewer and I was looking at Atmosferic Lifter: It seems to have the cockpit screwed... what do you think?
i took a look at it. the cockpit will need to be fixed. the cockpit should be pointing straight out instead of to the side.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”