[Mod] Unofficial bug (player) fixes 2.7comp * updated 12 Jun*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 03:29

Tempai wrote:Could someone point me to a topic on learning to edit the ship files so I can attempt to rectify this myself for my own sanity. Thxs
just use the file Lacksley pointed to. i use that when i don't feel like doing it manually.
Locksley wrote:EDIT: When targeting a frieghtdrone factory there is a pause and then Betty says "Freight drone" - is this correct behavior?
just so i am clear; you are talking about the description when the other lady (i don't remember her name) speaks "this production facility manufactures" before betty says freight drone? so your saying the other lady doesn't speak her part?. if that is the case did you rename, move, or delete the 44.pck in the \mov folder in your game folder? if you don't then the game uses that file over mine. if that isn't the case then i'll need to more info as it is working perfectly on mine.

@Gazz

just in case you read this gazz do you have a problem with me including your adjustment for the tokyo in this package?
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 08:23

EDIT: Forgot - you explicitly wrote in your opening post and the one above, that one should remove the 44 file. I am sorry I forgot about that.
Removed post as it was I who missed to install it right.

But I can add some of my info. I've checked and modified those mods that overwrite your changes in my game. Such as the EMP mod; I've updated it with your fixes.

This might be pointed out to people so they know that they might have to adjust some files if they want to enjoy your work completly when playing with more mods. Allthough considering I missed your installation instructions... :oops:

Thankyou

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 11:22

Just want to post and express my appreciation for this mod. It sorted quite a few issues that while small, were still pretty irksome.

Excellent work draffutt.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 11:38

Cuddly_Tomato wrote:Just want to post and express my appreciation for this mod. It sorted quite a few issues that while small, were still pretty irksome.

Excellent work draffutt.
Locksley wrote:EDIT: Forgot - you explicitly wrote in your opening post and the one above, that one should remove the 44 file. I am sorry I forgot about that.
I'm glad it is working now. report any other problems you may come across. maybe if i can get my bug fixes bug free they may eventually include in a offical release. :wink:

*small update*

i have included Saetan Terraformer Hub (Bug-Fix) Link with this update. i am sure he'll be happy if you thank him for it. :wink:

2nd over in the dev net it was reported the pirate eclipse did not look anything like the other eclipse classed ships. also the notus (otas) hauler looked like a eclipse classed ship. this is because the 2 ships were using the wrong graphic files. i have swapped the 2 graphics files so now the pirate eclipse looks like the other eclipse classed ships and the notus nows looks like a different type of ship.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 16:24

i have swapped the 2 graphics files so now the pirate eclipse looks like the other eclipse classed ships and the notus nows looks like a different type of ship.
just out of curiosity... but the model of the ex pirate eclipse that looked like a bigger nova... now what ships use it? maybe the difference eclipse /pirate eclipse was intentional :?

EDIT: just another thought... have you read about Bug of the fighter drone and fighter drone mk2 fact. that are listed in shipyards but out of stock? I remeber that a guy said that was easy to fix... that is a much needed fix! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 17:49

someone else wrote:just out of curiosity... but the model of the ex pirate eclipse that looked like a bigger nova... now what ships use it? maybe the difference eclipse /pirate eclipse was intentional :?
sorry but this isn't even close to what the nova class ship looks like:
[ external image ]
this is what the notus looks like now.

here is a nova:
[ external image ]

EDIT: just another thought... have you read about Bug of the fighter drone and fighter drone mk2 fact. that are listed in shipyards but out of stock? I remeber that a guy said that was easy to fix... that is a much needed fix! :D
those aren't the only factories bugged because of the 1.4 save game comp ego tried to do. its not as easy as it sounds; either that i lack the skills at the moment. i may attempt it at some point if it isn't fixed in the 2.1 patch.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 22:10

Excuse my bad communication skills... :lol:
This is a pirate eclipse --> LINK
It looks like a nova imho.
i have swapped the 2 graphics files so now the pirate eclipse looks like the other eclipse classed ships and the notus nows looks like a different type of ship.
so you said that you swapped the graphics files, and now the pirate Eclipse looks like an Argon eclipse, ok?
I was asking now what ship uses that graphic file of the pirate eclipse in my image?
I said that maybe that difference in the graphic file was intentional. (to have a different looking pirate version of the eclipse) :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 23:49

this is what I call a "big contribution". thumps up.

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 05:33

Thanks for the hard work you've put in to this, especially the pirate paint jobs, but I think I've found a problem (know it's a problem, just not sure if it's from this mod).

Perseus Vanguard cockpit:

[ external image ]

Haven't tried the other Perseus variants, so not sure if it's the case for all of them or not...

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 07:18

someone else wrote:so you said that you swapped the graphics files, and now the pirate Eclipse looks like an Argon eclipse, ok?
I was asking now what ship uses that graphic file of the pirate eclipse in my image?
I said that maybe that difference in the graphic file was intentional. (to have a different looking pirate version of the eclipse) :D
hrmmmm if ego inteneded for that pirate ship to be completely different graphicly they would have given that ship a different name. it really doesn't fit to have 3 or 4 (i'm going off of memory here) eclipses that look roughly the same and have 1 that looks completely different. besides that ship design looks like it belongs with a haul class like the notus hauler. :wink:

bigdan6248 wrote:Perseus Vanguard cockpit:

[ external image ]

Haven't tried the other Perseus variants, so not sure if it's the case for all of them or not...
unfortunatly i will not be able to check for myself until tue the earliest. so.....

1. are you using my patch with a save game?
2. when you are in that ship does your hud blink/flash?
3. can you hop into a different ship type and zone into a sector that does not have any perseus in it and jump back into that ship and see if that fixes the problem?

we should be able to go from there to see about fixing your problem.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 09:47

draffutt wrote:
someone else wrote: 1. are you using my patch with a save game?
2. when you are in that ship does your hud blink/flash?
3. can you hop into a different ship type and zone into a sector that does not have any perseus in it and jump back into that ship and see if that fixes the problem?

we should be able to go from there to see about fixing your problem.
1. Yes. I went to an empty Unknown Sector and saved, exited the game, installed the mod, then loaded, jumped a ship in, changed ships then went to another sector before saving again.

2. No. The only thing I've noticed is that the camera is placed inside the Perseus model as shown in the screenshot.

3. I'll try that tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep. Thanks for the help.

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 10:37

Hello

Small question about this interesting mod, will this be "compatible" with any new fix after 2.0a ? or will we have to wait this mod to be updated, because i wonder if some changes in savegames will be lost / conflict new egosoft fixes
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 21:06

SieurNewT wrote:Small question about this interesting mod, will this be "compatible" with any new fix after 2.0a ? or will we have to wait this mod to be updated, because i wonder if some changes in savegames will be lost / conflict new egosoft fixes
short answer: as long as Ego doesn't add anymore stuff to the game it should not break your savegame. once my new motherboard gets here tomorrow or wed i'll see what type of effect it'll have. :wink:
bigdan6248 wrote:3. I'll try that tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep. Thanks for the help.
np let me know what happens

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 21:30

@draffut

The change you did to the Eclipse doesn't match up with what we know from Reunion. The banana-eclipse is the original version of the Eclipse done by Egosoft and added in Patch 2.0 for Reunion. The model of the pirate Eclipse is from the XTended Mod and was the replacement of the original Eclipse model because in a vote it was decided to swap them.
This essentially means that both models are the Eclipse. The Notus Hauler has - like some other ships as well - no own model. This is why it uses the Egosoft Eclipse model.

So technically it would make more sense to replace the Notus Hauler's body with the XTM Eclipse as the Egosoft Eclipse Model is known from Vanilla Reunion to be the Eclipse. ;)

Alkaiser
xr

Post by Alkaiser » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 03:37

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not... but the ATF M4 Mjollnir has 7 guns, one of them appears to be leftover from the design phase and makes its load out lop-sided.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 08:05

enenra wrote:@draffut

The change you did to the Eclipse doesn't match up with what we know from Reunion. The banana-eclipse is the original version of the Eclipse done by Egosoft and added in Patch 2.0 for Reunion. The model of the pirate Eclipse is from the XTended Mod and was the replacement of the original Eclipse model because in a vote it was decided to swap them.
This essentially means that both models are the Eclipse. The Notus Hauler has - like some other ships as well - no own model. This is why it uses the Egosoft Eclipse model.

So technically it would make more sense to replace the Notus Hauler's body with the XTM Eclipse as the Egosoft Eclipse Model is known from Vanilla Reunion to be the Eclipse. ;)
thanks for pointing that out. i'll go about swapping the graphics once that computer is back up and running.
Alkaiser wrote:Not sure if this is common knowledge or not... but the ATF M4 Mjollnir has 7 guns, one of them appears to be leftover from the design phase and makes its load out lop-sided.
i noticed that as well. at least now i am not the only one that thinks it is lop-sided. i'll take a look at it again in a couple of days.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Alkaiser
xr

Another one...

Post by Alkaiser » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 19:21

Looks like the ATF M5 Valkyrie has exactly the same problem as the M4. 5 guns with one on the left without one on the right. For an M5, this is overkill. It is also pointless given the amount of weapon energy this ship produces.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 08:55

Interested in this mod. I have a question.

I have Exteral Docking Mod and PHQ Mod installed.

I can't any posts on it. Is there any known issues with this and other mods together?
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 22:51

XDrake wrote:Interested in this mod. I have a question.

I have Exteral Docking Mod and PHQ Mod installed.

I can't any posts on it. Is there any known issues with this and other mods together?
any mod that makes changes to the files included in my mod will not work until you make the necessary changes. I.E. the external docking i believe makes changes to the Tships.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Melcahya

Post by Melcahya » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 01:40

I have the cmod 3, improved ships, ATF shipyard, signal boost, hard mod, marine repairs, and improved boarding.

I want to know if this patch, will cause any conflict with this mods?
I don't know much about scripts or modding

Thanks and very good work draffutt!! :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”