X3TC Bonus Pack - Script Submission Details

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 14:14

Although a mod will the Extended Mod Pack be considered for inclusions?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 14:21

I dont think mods get considered at all !

thats why emp is rejected, because it is a mod.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 15:04

Fair enough. Understandable. Just wondering as its intended as a community resource. Can live with the explicit rule no mods whatsoever though.

Zoed Vega
x3tc

Post by Zoed Vega » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 11:47

Moderator erased post
Last edited by Zoed Vega on Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
ALL EGOSOFT GAMES FOR SALE AT EBAY.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 12:21

Most of both their work fails the balance test as far as I can see.

If you want a quick install method, create a new directory, put the exe in there, install all scripts you want to there, zip the whole directory structure up.

When you reinstall, unzip into the game directory. Done.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 16:41

does that work 100%? i made a backup of my main x3tc folder
with the plugin manager always playing up its hard 2 know if its all installed correctly or not, especially when the plugin manager always crashing when updating the game directory

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 00:23

Depends on if you make the zip right or not.

It will be a copy of what you have there. Nothing more or less.

If the PM didnt install something, it wont be there anyway. So its not an issue for the zip. If PM crashes, do it again, but load the PM from the start menu, not by clicking an spk.

Anyway, this is heading off topic for the thread.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 18:18

Threads for Commercial Agents, Commodity logistics Software and Turbo Boost have been opened in the testing forum.

Please test these scripts and report any problems/ annoyances you come across.

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 02:31

I would suggest Missile Safety and Advanced Product Chaser.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 17:05

Predator02 wrote:I would suggest Missile Safety and Advanced Product Chaser.
moggy2, in the OP, wrote wrote:Only submit your own scripts, as you will be the person contacted to prepare the script for signing. The signing process can be a lot of work, not just fixing and preparing the scripts, but preparing the documentation and getting it translated as well.
Write to the author(s) of those scripts and suggest that they submit them, if you want to see them included. They will only be considered for signing if submitted by the author - this isn't a suggestion thread.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 19. May 09, 07:56

Question: Mission Director missions aren't really scripts, but they aren't mods, either. Would decent Mission Director missions be considered in the Bonus Pack?

To be honest, I'm not even sure if anyone's released any MD missions yet, but the question popped into my head and I wanted to see if there was an answer.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 19. May 09, 23:12

I don't have a definitive answer for you, as I'm not one of the people involved in the selection of scripts for the bonus pack. But logic suggests that as long as they fit the criteria mentioned in the OP, they would at least be considered for inclusion.

Of course, it's academic until at least one such does appear and is submitted. :wink:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:07

silly question..

- any idea when..??

- I'm resisting the **modified** tag
- hoping (- waiting!) for Lucike's scripts.. :roll:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 05:01

As always, when it's ready. :)

You can visit the testing forum to check on the progress, though it won't give you more than a rough idea of where it's currently at.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 13:48

thanks, eladan - much appreciated.. :wink:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 05:35

How about Mavor's Conflicts script? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225928 -I haven't installed it but it claims to change TC into a war game and so it would give TC a whole new lease of life and would effectively give us a whole new TC alongside the original.

Admittedly there are problems with it which is why he abandoned the project but Mavor made it clear that anyone was welcome to pick the script up and debug it and if anyone could do that easily and quickly it has to be the Egosoft development team themselves :)
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 08:33

Egosoft does not create scripts for the Bonus Pack; all scripts are created, developed and tested by scripters who then submit them to be included in the BP. Considering that the scripter abandoned the script the chances of it being included in a BP are nil unless someone else picks it up and debugs it. Even then it would have to pass a check to make sure it doesn't unbalance the game.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 14:08

Additionally, keep in mind that scripts are chosen for what they add to the game. Scripts that fundamentally change the mechanics of the game are highly unlikely to be considered, since if the devs wanted radical changes like that, they would have made the game that way originally.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 13:49

Any major addition is going to change mechanics of the game simply because it adds new ones which will draw emphasis away from old ones.

The idea of making the universe change instead of staying the same all the time would be what I'd call an addition, which brings change, just like a whole load of new ships or a new faction would bring a change, even if they didn't make the other ones obsolete.

It's hard to make additions to the game without changing the game, the question is whether the change is for the better. For example if someone created a brilliant fighter wing management script which made carriers much easier to kit out, it'd hugely change how useful fighters are in the game, far more people would use carriers, but I assume it would be something that would go in the pack seeing as interface improvements seem to be the sort of thing the bonus packs usually add?

The same could be said of something like MARS, simply by improving the turret AI (even without the weapon swapping) it has a massive impact on the game, to the point of causing major issues if it's used on AI ships because now everything else is useless. However really stupid and unreliable turrets that get players into trouble and don't target sensible things are a very bad part of X3, so which way do you go?

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 14:00

Wouldnt Cmod3 make a huge improvement on the combat aspect of X3:TC?
Since, after all, 'fight' is in its name...

Cmod3 doesn't change the mechanics, or many of the things that are in the game now - it just improves combat (which in my honest opinion in Vanilla is quite lousy).

Better visuals, better sound fx, just better - whats wrong with an improvement?
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”