X3TC Bonus Pack - Script Submission Details

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 05:35

How about Mavor's Conflicts script? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225928 -I haven't installed it but it claims to change TC into a war game and so it would give TC a whole new lease of life and would effectively give us a whole new TC alongside the original.

Admittedly there are problems with it which is why he abandoned the project but Mavor made it clear that anyone was welcome to pick the script up and debug it and if anyone could do that easily and quickly it has to be the Egosoft development team themselves :)
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 08:33

Egosoft does not create scripts for the Bonus Pack; all scripts are created, developed and tested by scripters who then submit them to be included in the BP. Considering that the scripter abandoned the script the chances of it being included in a BP are nil unless someone else picks it up and debugs it. Even then it would have to pass a check to make sure it doesn't unbalance the game.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 14:08

Additionally, keep in mind that scripts are chosen for what they add to the game. Scripts that fundamentally change the mechanics of the game are highly unlikely to be considered, since if the devs wanted radical changes like that, they would have made the game that way originally.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 13:49

Any major addition is going to change mechanics of the game simply because it adds new ones which will draw emphasis away from old ones.

The idea of making the universe change instead of staying the same all the time would be what I'd call an addition, which brings change, just like a whole load of new ships or a new faction would bring a change, even if they didn't make the other ones obsolete.

It's hard to make additions to the game without changing the game, the question is whether the change is for the better. For example if someone created a brilliant fighter wing management script which made carriers much easier to kit out, it'd hugely change how useful fighters are in the game, far more people would use carriers, but I assume it would be something that would go in the pack seeing as interface improvements seem to be the sort of thing the bonus packs usually add?

The same could be said of something like MARS, simply by improving the turret AI (even without the weapon swapping) it has a massive impact on the game, to the point of causing major issues if it's used on AI ships because now everything else is useless. However really stupid and unreliable turrets that get players into trouble and don't target sensible things are a very bad part of X3, so which way do you go?

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 14:00

Wouldnt Cmod3 make a huge improvement on the combat aspect of X3:TC?
Since, after all, 'fight' is in its name...

Cmod3 doesn't change the mechanics, or many of the things that are in the game now - it just improves combat (which in my honest opinion in Vanilla is quite lousy).

Better visuals, better sound fx, just better - whats wrong with an improvement?
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 14:45

As already said the authors of mods and scripts must submit their work in order to be considered to be signed and they also must be willing to modify it/fix it. AFAIK CMod's author hasn't submitted his work to be signed so there is no chance it will be part of the bonus pack.

BTW I think this should be made clear in the OP, this thread is about submitting your work in order to be included in the BP, not about suggesting you favourite scripts/mods.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 07:47

The OP mentions scripts should not be overly complex. How complex is overly? I have been thinking about my Auto prep ships as (in my case) the extreme example. It doesn't involve any game mechanics changes (except for the optional Repair Laser use - easily removed). It's purely an automation script, a good number of downloads and no complaints about stability... But it is rather large, in terms of complexity of algorithms, number of script files and generally lines of code.

There are other scripts of mine that have the same problem, but this is the extreme example.

:?:

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 12:42

Hi guys darkstar onne here :)

i loved eledans scrap ship at hq script in X3 reunion,
can it be added to x3 terran conflict in any way (can't live without it)

Also is it possible to add aricotslice extended HQ patch, (don,t mean to be nitpicky but stock Hq storage space is rather small compared to HQ size)
Might need to slow down the lightspeed R.E /Build time though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also is it possible to make Orbital weapons platform All sizes available For the player, they are great for protecting 200station megacomplexes, :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 13:25

Have you even read my post (which is only 2 posts above yours) ?

This thread contains information on how to submit your work, this isn't a collections of suggestions/wishes.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 13:31

ThisIsHarsh wrote:The OP mentions scripts should not be overly complex. How complex is overly? I have been thinking about my Auto prep ships as (in my case) the extreme example. It doesn't involve any game mechanics changes (except for the optional Repair Laser use - easily removed). It's purely an automation script, a good number of downloads and no complaints about stability... But it is rather large, in terms of complexity of algorithms, number of script files and generally lines of code.

There are other scripts of mine that have the same problem, but this is the extreme example.

:?:
if you want the scripts to make the bonus and, and are willing to put in some work to help get them signed, then just send them in.

once they are sent, we can then check if we think they might be too complex or not, so theres no harm in sending anything u want.

there isn't many submissions atm, so there is a good chance that some might be included in future bonus packs

all we ask is that the scripts that are submitted are not beta, and are in a stable state

Darkstar One, as blackrazor said, this isn't a suggestion thread, its upto the authors of the scripts to submit and work on them to get them signed, we dont create the scripts, nor do we take random suggestions about what ones to use.

the author submits the scripts, then we pick the ones from the submitted list to work on and include

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:21

Hi guys darkstar one here :)

My mistake on the location of my post... sorry :oops: :oops:

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 18:20

What about scripts which rely heavily on Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration menu? Would these have to be rewritten to use an AL toggle to activate the menu instead, or something?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 18:34

its possible the community plugin config might get signed eventually, so scripts that use can still continue todo so.

obviously, if any scripts rely on another thats not signed, it will need changing in some way to work

the hotkey manager already is part of the bonus pack, so any hotkey scripts in the bonus pack will use it.

EMP is the main problem with scripts, as that wont be included nor signed, so any scripts that use it need to change to use one of the built in wares isntead

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 19:51

I'm curious if there is a cutoff date for these submissions? I just submitted one today (HKP Transponder Interface Software) and I'm hoping I'm not too late :)
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 12:02

There's no cut off date for bonus pack material as there will most likely be multiple releases with new scripts added over time

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 13:45

Perhaps I am confusing 'Bonus Pack' with the 'Super Box' stuff going on. I am unclear as to how they relate to each other.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
- R. Batty

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 09:07

The bonus pack will be a freely downloadable collection of community scripts chosen as adding functionality which is deemed to complement Terran Conflict.

The superbox will be a commercial re-release of all the games in the X series, along with selected additional content, across the spectrum of fan-created stuff - guides, screenshots, saved games, fan-fiction, scripts, mods, ships, etc.

Sareth01
x3tc

what scripts?

Post by Sareth01 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 01:01

what scripts/mods you guys already have? i tried the links on the first page and they didn't work, I'm assuming that i don't have permission. Anyways, it is exciting that over time mods/scripts will be made compatible so that there will be fewer incompatible mods ( i hope! ).
Thanks Egosoft!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 23:25

just to expand on what eladan said.

the bonus pack are where the scripts get signed, this means anyone can use them without modifiing thier game.

when u submit these, u will need to help the script signing team to make changes where necessary to comply with the script sign rules.

the superbox on the other hand will be a large collection of scripts and mod as well as all the X games together, these scripts are not signed, so u still need the game to be modified to use them. But u wont need to hepl doing any additional work on them as they will be added as is.

Chaosras which is it you wanted your script to be part of, the super box or the bonus pack, or even both?
and ill get it added into the right place.

For anyone else wandering:
The email to send scripts too is specifically for the bonus pack, for the superbox, it'll be best just sending me a message instead.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 22:04

Cycrow wrote:...

Chaosras which is it you wanted your script to be part of, the super box or the bonus pack, or even both?
and ill get it added into the right place.

Both would be great, thanks! And while I have your attention, you can add my HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage to the super box consideration pile :)

- R. Batty

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”