[Script][Mar/17/2009] Transfer Freight via Drones - working

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 07:24

Mirror host now up on Unleashed's website: download link

Playbahnosh
x4

Pick this up please?

Post by Playbahnosh » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 20:09

Jaga_Telesin wrote:Mirror host now up on Unleashed's website: download link
You just saved my life (well, sanity anyway). Thanks, man. I've been using this script in TC all the time with my Griffon and bigger ships. I got so used to it, that I was seriously miffed when I wanted to trade with my M7 in AP and the command just wasn't there... :shock:

How is this not in vanilla anyway? :? I mean freight drones are canon and you can already transfer stuff to and from your OWN stations (it was vanilla in TC), it goes without saying you should be able to use drones to trade. It makes life in an M7 and above MUCH easier. Since you still can't dock TS class ships in capitals, drones are the ONLY way of M7 and above to be flying solo. I use to go explore sectors in my Griffon, but since you can't even resupply e-cells without having another of your ships around, it's practically impossible without this script to go on deep-space exploration far from your infrastructure.

To any modders out there:
It seems the original author abandoned this script a long time ago. Someone should pick this up and put the finishing touches on it, like a cargo volume check and a warning not to jump if you have drones lose in the sector (it kills your game if you do). Please?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 18:10

(sorry for the double post, but I thought this needed it's own post)
Okay, since nobody even bothered to chime in here, I think I assume correctly that this script is officially abandoned.

With that in mind, I'd like to pick up where Tim-o has left off and continue developing and debugging this script and more functionality. I PM-ed Tim-o to ask for permission.

Failing that, I ask the mods to give the final say on the abandonment on this script. I don't want to take it as my own, but I'd like use it, or rather parts of it, to develop my own version with many added functionality.

Agreed?

Edit: okay then, since nobody bothered to say anything for 3 days, I take that as a yes. I'll submit my own rework of the script soon. Thanks....I guess

JACN85
x3tc

Post by JACN85 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 20:32

Playbahnosh wrote:(sorry for the double post, but I thought this needed it's own post)
Okay, since nobody even bothered to chime in here, I think I assume correctly that this script is officially abandoned.

With that in mind, I'd like to pick up where Tim-o has left off and continue developing and debugging this script and more functionality. I PM-ed Tim-o to ask for permission.

Failing that, I ask the mods to give the final say on the abandonment on this script. I don't want to take it as my own, but I'd like use it, or rather parts of it, to develop my own version with many added functionality.

Agreed?

Edit: okay then, since nobody bothered to say anything for 3 days, I take that as a yes. I'll submit my own rework of the script soon. Thanks....I guess
Would be nice, but from what I can see it works perfectly fine now for "Buying" goods from a station using your TL and Drones.

That's the primary reason I downloaded it anyways.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 01:53

Sure, it does work, but has some flaws, like freezing the game if you jump outta sector while the drones are still out, things like that.

Also, I'm planning to add more functionality to make Freight Drones useful, like the ability to collect dropped stuff from space and a really ambitious one: the ability to ferry wares between stations without the need for TS ships.

I have no ETA at this time, but I will create another thread once I do.

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 16:09

Playbahnosh wrote:Sure, it does work, but has some flaws, like freezing the game if you jump outta sector while the drones are still out, things like that.

Also, I'm planning to add more functionality to make Freight Drones useful, like the ability to collect dropped stuff from space and a really ambitious one: the ability to ferry wares between stations without the need for TS ships.

I have no ETA at this time, but I will create another thread once I do.
Could you post a link in this thread once completed? Looking forward to usable freight drones. :thumb_up:
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 20:28

I've discontinued the development of this script, but I've uploaded it to GitHub to make it easier for others to continue working on it. You can find the GitHub project here: https://github.com/merlinthered/plugin. ... e.transfer

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 13:10

I have always liked this script.

Since Tim-O was kind enough to open-source this, here is my Version 08. I made the script a bit more reliable:

- Increased the speed of the drones (so that they have a chance of catching up to the player ship if it is moving).

- Increased the range of the docking computers so that they will dock more reliably with large stations.

Freight Drone Transfer v08

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus

MrKincaid
x3ap

Post by MrKincaid » Wed, 6. Sep 17, 23:59

DrBullwinkles link is outdated again. And I guess Playbahnosh never really started with his version? Or did he just not post a link to it here?

Anyways, is there a working script that lets freight drones buy wares from NPC stations and bring them to a TL?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”