[SCRIPT] Dedicated Assistant Drones (DAD) V4.7 [03.05.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 17:59

Idea wrote:Maby assassination drone.The basic is when you have a mision to kill somebody you send a drone to do the job.What I meant is when the drone is near the target ship it activite some special hacking program that corrupt the life support sistems and force the pilot to eject and then the drone kill the pilot.What do you think?
I can only say that your work with the drones fuctions is outstanding and that you have done a great work :D BRAVO peladore
So pretty much like a ship bailing script for Drones? I imagine it would have to be limited to M3+ and smaller craft for balance reasons and the fact that they are identified as single occupancy vessels. Given the relative speeds of the Drones it would need some appropriate balancing of the mechanism of the "kill" process, rep loss will work and especially if used against neutral targets. MKII camouflaged could be possible but my view here is that the target might not live long enough in most situations for capture to be possible (though if used tactically in Enemy sectors?).

Due to speeds it would need to be a fast drone which is limited to 25XL cargo. But I'm thinking at this stage it might be sensible to use this with a cargo of Mass drivers and ammunition to attempt the "sniper" shot as it needs to subvertantly get a kill shot in without effecting shields or rasing awareness.

I suppose it could be % chance of kill leaving a derelict craft, and on failure raising hostilities.

1 Mass drivers and Ammunition is 2 cargo and an avergae cost of 117,536 so given the average cost of an M3 is about 3 Mil credits based on including M3+ and relative numbers (finger in the air situation) excluding equipment.

12 MD's + ammo is approx 1.4 mil. So you could say each equipped MD to a maximum of 12 would give an additional 5% chance of getting a kill in to a maximum potential of 60%.

How does that sound for an Assassination Drone?

(The percentage per MD set could be reduced if you want to factor in equipment or make it more difficult)

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 18:28

It sounds like a beautiful song for my ears. :D
Yes M3+ and smaller target is fair balance.In case of failure the notority should be affected, in case of success the notority should not be affected as assassination are how to say, secret and unknown :)
The use mass driver is a good idea and probably the best but I consider that assassination is success when you left no proof that meens no body :D (evaporate the body with laser).But from the point of need not to rais alarm the mass driver is beter.
The MD percentage is fair for me but it is good to see what others have to say.

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 22:20

the repair drone would be also good especialy for carriers like a mobil outside repairbay( like the marien repair mod), they should be small only armed with a repairlaser, fast but easy to kill WHEN you got a hit on them.
the assassination drone sound nice :twisted:
how about small anti missle drones, which, when launched, can draw the attention of torpedos away from capital ships(only on M1, M2 or TL).

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 22:34

raiman wrote:
the repair drone would be also good especialy for carriers like a mobil outside repairbay( like the marien repair mod), they should be small only armed with a repairlaser, fast but easy to kill WHEN you got a hit on them.
the assassination drone sound nice Twisted Evil
how about small anti missle drones, which, when launched, can draw the attention of torpedos away from capital ships(only on M1, M2 or TL).
The marines allready have the function to repair the ship hull and shield and they can not be distrected in there work like the repair drones.That makes the marine the perfect repair tool.
The MARS is more than capable to deal with any kind of missile threat, so the antimissile drones are unnecessary

@peladore what are your thoughts about the raiman sugestions?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:08

I have a mind to include some of the outstanding drone ideas at some point.

Repairs drones will likley use Teladianium as a balancing resource, I'll likely try and make it as automated as possible with deployed multiple drones useage for large vessels. But Marine repairs and MARS Goblins both have techniques others seem to use presently.

Missile defence drones again have MARS Goblin defence and Medusa Missile ECM system. And Gazz's improvements to missile defence turret scripts of course.

As other script processes currently have these features it makes them less of a priority to implement but I will hopefully get around to them. I have given some brief summaries in the first post of the thread as to how I view the current ideas, the list order is in no priority. So therefore its very useful feedback to know which drones people would like to see in use.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:16

What is the meaning of word 'Brainstorming'?I don't understand.It is like too hard to make :?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:19

Idea wrote:What is the meaning of word 'Brainstorming'?I don't understand.It is like too hard to make :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming

But in short it means thinking about the details.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:26

Thanks for that :)
So thinking about details, that means that you are thinking to make the Assass Drones.Right?But there is many problems that you must solve first?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:39

Idea wrote:Thanks for that :)
So thinking about details, that means that you are thinking to make the Assass Drones.Right?But there is many problems that you must solve first?
I have a solution in mind, but it doesnt hurt thinking it through. ;)

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:46

Here is my view of sugested fuctions of drones on the first page:
Escape Drone:
Are more than welcome by my point of view.The could be
automatically luanch when the ships shields and hull hit the critical level.
Equipment drones:
There are a lots of scripts that are focused on that segment of the game so I'm not positive for the need of them
Repair drones:
Got to have in case you don't have the marines skilled enough.It is a good alternative when a think a little beter.
Marine/Merc courier drones:
I will agree with you.Nice to have but not realy needed
Jamming drones:
The MARS is sufficient so the need for this drones those not exist.
Mining drones:
Good idea.Good opportunity to make a lot of money with small investment
Collection Drone;
Agree with you
Pilfer Drone:
It would boost the gameplay but inpractical

Cheers :D

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 07:51

@idea
what i mean are more outside repairdrones for the case that e.g a ship near the career is damaged. ok i admit it would be mean if you fire at a ship near a career and instat of taking damage it's repaired by the drones, which fly around the career.
raiman

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 10:36

@raiman
When I think a little beter your idea is good when you took a right approche.
The repair drones could be only allowed for flagships(M1 and M2).Why?
Because this ships have big cargo hull and powerfull computers that can controle the fleet of repair drones.The drones could only be launch when the battle is over because the main computer must cordinate the repair proces with others ships computers in the fleet.To access the damage reports, fix critical damage.....Only the on board crew could repair the ships while they are in the battle(marines).When the battle is over all remain ships fly near the flagship and start the repairs.The condition is that there is no enemy ship in certain range.
What do you think?

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 13:40

i would totally love to see a horde of drones swarming around an asteroid, slicing it up and ferrying it back to their base ship.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 13:50

semiliterate wrote:
i would totally love to see a horde of drones swarming around an asteroid, slicing it up and ferrying it back to their base ship.
Me too :D

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 15:40

Deploy Sniper Drone

"The Split have engineered another violent Drone"

(Thanks to user "Idea" for the creative inspiration for this Drone)

All Drones: [ external image ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

With any ship equipped with:

Fight Command Software MKII
Special Command Software

and has the following wares:

Sniper Drone

OR

Custom process:
Recon Drone
Weapon Interface Chip
Mass Driver & Ammunition x (1 to 12)

Cargo Bay Shielding (Required for MKII)

With a ship with the above requirements it can launch a Sniper drone to attack a particular target ship in the same sector. To do so go to the special area of the command console, there you will find the Special Drones interface with the option to Deploy Sniper Drone. The command orders are as follows:

1. Select ship
2. Select either MKI (1) or MKII (2).
3. Select number of Mass Driver sets (weapon + ammo) (from 1 - 12).

The drone will then attempt to get within a desired range (500m) and then use the Mass drivers to attempt to assasinate the pilot leaving his ship derelict in space. The chance of success depends on the number of Mass drivers in use (6% per set to a maximum of 72%). This base percentage is effected then again by small adjustments by the amount of hull of the target ship such that small hulls offers less resistance it increases the odds of success whereas the larger hull values will reduce probabilties.

Due to the drone being secretive in attempting to assasinate crew the useage is limited to TS and M3+ class fighters and smaller which are recognised as single occupancy vessels. Also for effective accuracey the target ships current maximum speed cannot exceed 300m/s. The drone auto-destructs after firing to hide any incriminating evidence.

If failure occurs then the pilot of the target ship will become hostile and report the incident as a result other craft may come to his aid. Regardless of failure or success the use of the Mass drivers will damage the ship's hull proportional to the number in use.

The MKII version can be used to conceal the drones owner resulting in no associatied loss of influence. The MKII as a result can also be used to attack enemy targets where the MKI would be simply "dealt with" and is the military option.

Suitable feedback messages are given and in the case of a successful strike the drones last known position is reported giving co-ordinates in km relative to the sector vectors.

(Sensible checks for plot ships are in effect, so pointless attempting to use this on "Exterminator" etc.)

(Possible Split Lore/History/flavouring to follow)
Last edited by pelador on Sun, 12. Apr 09, 07:04, edited 4 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 16:15

V3.7 Sniper drone implemented, details above.

I had left a testing configuration in place in a previous version to ignore the check for special command software on ships to open the special drones interface menu. This set-up is now correctly enforced. So please ensure ships have this software to access the menu.

Thanks also for the feedback regarding what Drones you'd like to see, it helps me focus on what to add next. Taking a shortish "breather" for now, to take on board the implementation of the Sniper drone then I will decide which new drone to do.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 17:29

No, Thank you pelador for heard the sugestions proposed by other users and make them reality
:D BIG THANKS

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 19:07

@pelador
I'm downloading right now will test it soon, but it sounds awesome
@idea
i could life with that, it is a good idea. the range should be about 15km maybe 10km, what is the range of the normal scanner? it should be around that.
@semiliterate
yes that would be nice to see, but only a TL or TS should be able to launch those, to keep it realistic
raiman

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 21:14

Another great concept Pelador. I hope "Idea" keeps 'em comin'.

It might be more apropos to call SniperDrone an "assassination drone".

If initial pilot kill attempt fails, perhaps player could then have option of a) ordering drone to continue attacking target (as per an MD-armed M5?), or b) recalling it, or c) ordering self-destruct (to destroy evidence and transponder link to playership).

Kill attempt failure should also alert any police/military within 5-10km of attacked vessel. Perhaps an advanced "stealth" assassination drone variant could be developed that'd be hard/impossible for target pilot to "see", giving said drone 2-3 firing runs before pilot alerts authorities.

Keep up the good work.

Raiman's idea of restricting it's use is also good. Perhaps using it could require another ware, a "Sniper Drone Launch/Control/Repair Module" that's 80L or XL.

Linking access to such an effective tool (kill an M3+ pilot = a 6 million credit ship--barely scratched) thru successful completion of a combat mission(s) for those devious Split at the Rhonkar Combat Testing Instititute could also be a great way to "introduce" your product.

Regarding the Turret Drone, it's a bit more controversial, imo. Personally, I only ever use LT's (in groups of 2-4) closely grouped around the docking area of a complex hub; and positioned in a way to not interfere with docking approach. A 6-pointed star in open space (near a gate? near a hostile station? positioned to draw off a hostile task force?) makes less sense.

Regarding all the individual Pelador drone material + assembly requirements for 9+ different drone types and counting: you're going to need some sort of pop-up or other way for players to access each formula.
Otherwise, players will find the drones too much trouble to be worth it..and/or will only bother with their most favorite drone type(s), ignoring the rest.

For gamebalance sake, creating difficult formulae for drone making is just one method--albeit a tedious one. There's also charging lots of money ($$$), requiring cargo space, and making player jumping through hoops = combat, assassination, etc. missions.

From personal experience, I'd much rather pay a ton of money (earned through killing, capping, trading) for a drone--than have to micromanage drone construction/assembly. Especially in the mid- late-game, when cashflow is enormous..and there's lots of other things to do with my time.
If every Pelador drone type requires similarly complex access procedures..well you get the picture. Perhaps you could mix drones with complex access requirements (early game--when player has more time than cash), with expensive but simple-access types (for mid-game on, when player has less time & mucho cash).

Thus, the SniperDrone--unless it can be used for mid-game assassination missions (vs. M3+? vs. M6?), could effectively limit itself to the Early game.

If there was a Rhonkar Testing Institute station in 1-2 Split sectors, that sold different versions of the SniperDrone or other drones...but that required increasingly difficult combat missions to even access purchase..yumm, tasty!

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 22:16

Hieronymos wrote:
Another great concept Pelador. I hope "Idea" keeps 'em comin
Thank you :) The is the first time that my IDEA has been fully created and accepted by anyone.It's realy makes me happy :D Thanks ageen to you and pelador(or now we can call him peladrone :lol: )
About you sugestions I like them.It give more controle over situation and the more fun :)

raiman wrote:
@idea
i could life with that, it is a good idea. the range should be about 15km maybe 10km, what is the range of the normal scanner? it should be around that.
Agree with you.The range of Standard radar is 5km,for Duplex 10km,for Triplex 15km.

One more idea :) It's realy simple one.Drones that scans asteroids.If the player wont to start mining operations in some sector rich with asteroids he could sent the drone to scan them so the player can see the asteroids with highest mineral value.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”