[SCRIPT] Dedicated Assistant Drones (DAD) V4.7 [03.05.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 04:02

Just checked. DL site is down. I've still got a copy. I'll throw it up as soon as I can.
Peace through superior firepower.

Maxces C Covert
x3

Many years

Post by Maxces C Covert » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 21:09

After many years of playing this game on and off. Guys like you are the reason I keep coming back. This add-on is fantastic. THANK YOU! It works in all my installs with all my extra ships, I never have a problem with it. Now if only I can get them to use a hyper-drive. "Hint, hint"

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 07:00

Pelador left a while back, and I think this needs updated for AP.

svsc89

Post by svsc89 » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:31

i have make it working on X3 AP withe XRM mod ...but the mining drones only.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69 ... 0006m.png/ http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7421/x ... 06m.th.png

I have edit this files:
plugin.pelador.drn.ship.ref
plugin.pelador.drn.ware.ref
plugin.pelador.mining.drone
plugin.pelador.mng.drn.order
plugin.pelador.mng.extract
plugin.pelador.mng.home.full

Changing:
On Factories you see now "Freighterdrone"and not more ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM9_3 (I had change the miningdrone only)

The Mining drone is now doing mining faster than before.
The Mining drone is not using e-cells anymore.(but u need to have all time you using them 801 e-cells in you´re cargo space.
You don´t need to have a MDS in you´re cargo anymore.

Warning; Once you use more than 1 drone make sure you have enough cargo space left so that the drones fit back in otherwise you loose them.

The drone have a Power level. Once the level is 0 the drown will destroy his self. recall them before that is happens. You can see the power level if you target the drone and open the information screen.

It is working withe Ore, Ice and Nividium very well

Bug´s i know.

While Sillizium mining the drone adds 8 e-cells to you´re cargo bay while unloading.
Course she have 800 cargo space, but silli is 18 units big. 44*18=792.
There are 8 units of e-cells left in the cargo. (the drone adds e-cells by her self other withe the script is not working.) idk how to change or fix that.

Why no e-cells anymore?? why now MDS anymore? That is cheating....bull.
You don´t need e-cells on normal mining with using the MDS.
Or had you ever see that the mining drones on Eve online using any kind of fuel or e-cells?

MDS: it is bull to sale a mining drone without a mining laser. so he is installed once you buy them.... its magic

pelador once u have a problem withe that than pls let me know than i delete it.

Fly save

Download: http://www.file-upload.net/download-694 ... c.rar.html

Install: Install the DAD mod download the link above and unzip and overwrite the DAD files in you´re X3:AP script directory.

sry for my English....i still learning
(shut work with X3 AP vanilla to)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 12:57

If anyone wants to see all of Pelador's scripts working as they should, then take a look at how deadlyda has integrated and maintained them all in the old DDTC Mod.

In this mod they form a new branch of the tech tree with their own production facilities, and are fully integrated into the TC economy.
Still life in the old dog yet...

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 22:32

Hi guys i try to download but links say file not found someone can write another link for drones pls??thanks

teretete
x4

Hello Sir! Best Mod ever!

Post by teretete » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 23:22

I find your mod to be the BEST mod there is... too bad I can't seem to make it work.. hehe I am currently running latest X3 Albion Prelude with bonus pack and xrm installed. when I install DAD it says it is successful and stuff but I can't seem to find the drone command window like you showed on the screen shots.. I don't even know that this mod works with other mods like xrm or even AP but I would love to try this mod... even if I have to uninstall everything else even AP to make it work. could you help me out with it please? I know It's 2015 and you made this mod back in 2009... hope you still around!

Drones are the coolest thing ever! Would love to send 100 of them to an asteroid belt and watch them mine the thing up hehehe

Thanks a bunch!

Felippe

MickDick
x4

Post by MickDick » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 01:20

Mod works from what I can tell (for AP), the only problem is the misnaming of the drones. A Problem reported several times already.

ZA EMP WARE NOT FOUND or whatever, is the name for about 80% of the drones.

I don't know how to fix this. Sadly.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 03:47

Did anyone ever manage to work out a fix for the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM problem?

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Wed, 29. Jun 16, 18:28

I'm working on a fix for it at the moment, but I've hit a couple snags. The issue seems to be within the drone ware assignment reference script he has. Reassigning the reference document to the proper wares should fix that, but there is some buggy behavior regarding non-station-ware drones (mining drones and whatnot) that isn't as obviously fixed.

Pelador's code isn't well documented, but I think I'll be able to have a working solution in a day or two.

I'll want to see if this is a specific issue with AP, XRM, etc., and I'd appreciate help testing this.

I'll update when I can with the file.

EDIT: Ok, this is still a mess, but I'll give pelador credit- he used scripts to emulate the rest of the mod structure, making it robust, if not particularly efficient.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Wed, 29. Jun 16, 19:00

Ok, I think I got it working. (Problem turned out to be simpler than I thought.)

Here's There's a link to the modified reference file. Just drag and drop that into where ever you have DAD Drones installed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”