[SHIP] Terran M6 Normandy v1.3 & New Game Start

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

KELMAR
x3tc

Post by KELMAR » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 20:58

i'm using this as a fakepatch, but i get a read-text error.

the only thing i can think of is that script file? i didn't put it in my scripts folder because i figured it was only necessary as mod
That was my health bar?

Mechcondrid
x4

Post by Mechcondrid » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 21:47

hey i try to start my save game with this ship ive tried the fake patch and as a mod and it crashes my game are there any scripts or anything that conflicts with this?

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 22:16

KELMAR wrote:i'm using this as a fakepatch, but i get a read-text error.

the only thing i can think of is that script file? i didn't put it in my scripts folder because i figured it was only necessary as mod
The script registers the ship ID with the name(I think) as well as adding it to Terran shipyards, so without the script you will get a readtext error.
Mechcondrid wrote: hey i try to start my save game with this ship ive tried the fake patch and as a mod and it crashes my game are there any scripts or anything that conflicts with this?
I tested the ship on my own savegames and didn't have any problems, it added the ship fine and I was able to buy and fly it. I'm guessing something else must be conflicting with it, are you using anything that comes with a new TShips?

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 22:47

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Mechcondrid
x4

Post by Mechcondrid » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 23:20

i cant find any conflicts but i did notice the tships text resource for the normandy isnt there is that made with the mod or not also i noticed that when i try to open the tships .pck file in the .cat file it says the cat file has the wrong size or something

sentinelk92
x4

Post by sentinelk92 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 23:39

Mechcondrid wrote:i cant find any conflicts but i did notice the tships text resource for the normandy isnt there is that made with the mod or not also i noticed that when i try to open the tships .pck file in the .cat file it says the cat file has the wrong size or something
are the cat & dat files in the same directory? If not, it'll give you this error. Also helps to make sure the cat & dat files one "the same": don't mix and month on edited cat file with a newly downloaded dat file

Mechcondrid
x4

Post by Mechcondrid » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 01:03

yes their in the mod directory and i tried renaming them just now and still no go

edit: ok i figured my problem out i just had a corrupted download lol all fixed

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 02:47

deleted

Black_Shade

Post by Black_Shade » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 05:28

All the turrets on the boreas are backasswards. Using the editor in one of the stickies I opened up the tships and changed the turrets to the correct format (or what I assume is correct). I'm not sure what happened but the front turret got set to a terran rear turret that could only take EMPCs, the right/left turret got set to rear, the rear got set to front, and the top/bottom got set to right/left. I changed them back in about 10 seconds time, having no clue what I was doing, so I'm sure someone who is more experienced with modding x3 could do it even faster.

It's also relatively easy to change the acceleration on the normandy (i agree it was way to slow... i increased it by a factor of 3).

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 13:11

I know what happened with the turrets. All my fault, I didn't understand the implications of inserting a new turret into the TCockpits file, I do now and will fix it today.

I'll also look at the acceleration of the ship but I remember setting it to about the same as the Split Dragon in the TShips, which is the fastest accelerating M6.

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 15:07

Tenk wrote:I know what happened with the turrets. All my fault, I didn't understand the implications of inserting a new turret into the TCockpits file, I do now and will fix it today.

I'll also look at the acceleration of the ship but I remember setting it to about the same as the Split Dragon in the TShips, which is the fastest accelerating M6.
Just had a gander at your Tcockpits myself and you're right. Note to anyone else trying to mod is ALWAYS add your tfile change to the end of the list!

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:32

tatakau wrote:...noticed right away that this thing has TERRIBLE acceleration. Seriously, Boost Extension is a necessity to get up to speed, but there's really nothing you can do to get this thing to stop.
I've set the acceleration to 13m/s, I didn't want to set it too high since it is still an M6. I checked it against other M6s and it seems ok.
tatakau wrote: Also... I tried to get my Chimera to dock to it, but it was having a lot of problems, even with the ship at a complete stop. I had to transport over and use the docking computer.
I've used the same external docking as the Hyperion. I noticed that sometimes it does a little while for a ship to dock but it always seems to get there in the end, I got this too with the Hyperion and don't know how to fix it.
tatakau wrote: edit 2: there aren't any engine trails... I'm using 4x aa, 8x anisotropic, glow, medium textures, high shaders, more dynamic light sources, and ship color variations.
I've had a look at adding the engine trails and as far as I can tell it means editing the effects file. I've looked at the file but wouldn't know how to go about adding my own effects. I tried sticking trails on from other ships but they match the shape of the engine they were stolen from; I don't know how to change the effects shape.
tatakau wrote: edit 3: maybe I'm wrong, but I looked at some screenshots from mass effect, and i think the dark rectangular engine thingies are a bit too long.
I used the in-game/cinematic model as reference, while it might not be a perfect model of the Normandy, its the most accurate I've seen yet.
tatakau wrote:The Otas Boreas front turrets are messed up. They seem to have been overwritten with a Terran turret, and can only equip Electromagnetic Plasma Cannons.
This has been fixed, was an error on my part. Live and learn :)

Version 1.2 has been uploaded.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:34

deleted

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:37

I was thinking of making a game start that was the same as the regular Terran start, only you have the Normandy.

If i do, do you want me to upload it?
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:46

Sounds like a good idea :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:23

Ill be up for making some engine trails for this ship if you want Tenk?

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:33

Ah! Its always worth to have a look in the english SM-Forum.
Nice ship, thanks!

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:37

I'm almost done with the game start. Just one thing, what should i equip the ship with. I don't want to give it everything, but i don't want to give it too little either.

Also you should move the docking slot underneath back a bit, so it's hidden between the wings.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 19:15

I've finished the game start and i PM'd you the link.

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 19:17

Man, it looks absolutely awesome! Good job :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”