[Script] Turrets: selective attack V.1.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 23:59

Gazz wrote:
Seathal wrote:ALthough it was great, the MARS system of keeping all your weapons in the cargo and distributeing them automaticlly felt a bit forced, I'd like them to stay all the time in place and be just abit mroe selective
That wasn't my idea, really. It's what all AI ships have been doing ever since Reunion, possibly longer.
It's just... the X3 way.
Not only that, it is also the smartest way to use them, because we wont always have the hostile M2 right in front of us, right?

I cant comprehend why Seathal wants that but.. oh well, he'll see when he has a fleet to command and his ships shoot ppc's at m5's and PACS to M2's.. :P

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 17:05

Spectre01 wrote:Can you add another line in the script that force the turret to reselect a target every 3 seconds? I find that once a turret is "locked" on a target, until the target is destoryed, it will not fire at others, even the first target is out of range, and there's another one within range. The turret just ingnore the closest enemy, and waiting for its first target get in its range again.
If first target is out of range, it will switch target automatically. At least it should :D
Cannon fires only when target is in the firing range. Then it seek another target.

P.S. Just found one bad thing - M7M wouldn't filter targets. Ooops :D Wait for update :)

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 15:04

Hey hey :) Does this script still work? I've used Mars for a while and wish to switch to a script that is a good balance between more effective than vanilla and OP.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:41

I'm still using it fine - the only foible is the classification of M6s as 'big ships' so your PPC turrets will still target them.
[ external image ]

... old skool

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 15:14

link not working :(
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 02:12

ya link still not working

lol (forgot the above post was mine)
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”