[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 12:04

semiliterate wrote:small issue: currently ships jump before their leader, then fly or autojump back to the sector they left from before their leader reaches destination. this is bad.
You probably have the stock autojump command activated, next release will see the addition of the auto-drive command (Player-owned ship will try and use hyper and quantum jump if able to) that will not have this flaw, however i'll try to put a failsafe for people using the standard auto-jump to prevent followers to jump back

Thanks for pointing this out

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:01

actually, i tried it without the autojump, but with SETA, which accelerates the countdown for OTHER ships but not for mine. my corvettes jumped, then flew out of the nearest gate to make a beeline back to me, then i jumped, then they changed their mind and came into the sector i tried to jump them into.

it's because if they jump before me, they then try to move to follow/protect me, i think. any way to hold/cancel the command til the jump sequence on my ship is complete?

or SETA the countdown. i'm wondering if this works in a similar way to teh Advanced Jumpdrive from Reunion, which had the time you jump linked to the soundfile so that if you SETA'd for two seconds and then did something that interrupted the soundfile, you'd jump.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 17:18

semiliterate wrote:actually, i tried it without the autojump, but with SETA, which accelerates the countdown for OTHER ships but not for mine. my corvettes jumped, then flew out of the nearest gate to make a beeline back to me, then i jumped, then they changed their mind and came into the sector i tried to jump them into.

it's because if they jump before me, they then try to move to follow/protect me, i think. any way to hold/cancel the command til the jump sequence on my ship is complete?

or SETA the countdown. i'm wondering if this works in a similar way to teh Advanced Jumpdrive from Reunion, which had the time you jump linked to the soundfile so that if you SETA'd for two seconds and then did something that interrupted the soundfile, you'd jump.
Yeah .. you nasty boy .. trying to SETA to make the jump go faster :P
SETA accelerate global simulation :)
I didn't think about the SETA trick .. any way i'll put a fail safe in place ..

Basically when any ship has completed a jump he'll wait till its leader either complete or cancel its own jump before resuming duty, so even SETA-ing will make them wait

Another small thing i didn't think of .. Thanks for testing my script in all possible condition :)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 18:52

also i've been getting some odd behaviour from the quantum jump occasionally. i have the ecliptic projector but my emergence point is still a bit variable (using fighters as targets) although not by much so probably works as intended. however, occasionally using it while close to something that is behind me will place it in front of me and then stop me. mainly with asteroids.

not a real problem 'cause i usually just go "clearly distortions in the quantum gravitational wavefront matrices causing localised extraspatial phenomena" but i thought you might like to know.

i'm also guessing that the SSTC not powering the standard, gated jumpdrive is intentional. if not, i kind of like it because it means that the normal, doesn't force you to stop still before you jump jumpdrive but requires energy still has some utility, and energy cell gathering just feels like part of the game to me.

idle note. seems like you'd have a legitimate reason to disable SETA while a jump is charging - the SSTC is using the singularity, and even if it's not, it's established by your jump theories that gravity is bad.

although lord only knows if that's possible. hey, i don't even know what half the script editor options do.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 00:27

semiliterate wrote:also i've been getting some odd behaviour from the quantum jump occasionally. i have the ecliptic projector but my emergence point is still a bit variable (using fighters as targets) although not by much so probably works as intended. however, occasionally using it while close to something that is behind me will place it in front of me and then stop me. mainly with asteroids.

not a real problem 'cause i usually just go "clearly distortions in the quantum gravitational wavefront matrices causing localised extraspatial phenomena" but i thought you might like to know.
Thanks for letting me know, i was already aware of that, i warned people, using quantum drive near gravity wells can have such effect, try to be a little further when activating it :)
semiliterate wrote: i'm also guessing that the SSTC not powering the standard, gated jumpdrive is intentional. if not, i kind of like it because it means that the normal, doesn't force you to stop still before you jump jumpdrive but requires energy still has some utility, and energy cell gathering just feels like part of the game to me.

idle note. seems like you'd have a legitimate reason to disable SETA while a jump is charging - the SSTC is using the singularity, and even if it's not, it's established by your jump theories that gravity is bad.

although lord only knows if that's possible. hey, i don't even know what half the script editor options do.
The SSTC is not powering the normal gate-needed jumdrive, it is indeed intended :)

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 01:09

Ok, few news.

1.6 is almost finished, just need to pummel things up and see if behaviour is correct in all possible situation, feedback was very nice, thank you all

What awaits you in 1.6:

Auto-Drive command is finished, ship with this additional commands activated will try to hyperjump to their target if it is in another sector, if hyperjump not possible, it will try a quantum one toward the appropriate gate. Of course if target is in same sector, it will only try to quantum

There is a smart behavior in here, if you have a follower and you engage quantum, it will know where you are about to go and will engage drive same time as you. Fleet quantum jump is now possible with that command
Auto-drive command will always try the best and fastest way to get your ship to its target, hyper jump or quantum.

Auto-drive command works for dock at, fly to sector, follow, protect, and traders can also get to their destination faster :)

Also in 1.6 is the corrected behavior for followers after a jump, leader and sub leader as well as big ship will always try to jump first, if it is not possible, ( actually haven't manage to make followers jump before exept using the SETA trick ), even if follower manage to jump before their leader, they willl wait for their cherish leader to either complete or abort jump before doing anything else

And the Cherry on the cake, ( the cake is not a lie ) the hotkey gets a triple function, tap it three times quickly and quantum drive will engage with destination ste as your current aimed target :)

1.6 is not online yet, but rest assure a few test more and it will be :)

Stay tuned

Loky

X2-Eliah
x3tc

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 06:16

What about updating? Any specifics or is it just an over-write this and that?

Edit: And what about submitting your script for the S&M library as well - it certainly is polished enough..

P.S. The Ecliptic projector add-on (german thread) is a mod, not a script, as far as I can understand, so I s'pose it wouldn't be that god to add it in this - best just to keep a script shape.
Last edited by X2-Eliah on Sun, 8. Feb 09, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 12:29

X2-Eliah wrote:What about updating? Any specifics or is it just an over-write this and that?
Uninstall old package and install the new one.. as simple as that :)

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 18:25

Version 1.6 online

Thanks and constructive feedback appreciated :P

Enjoy

Loky

mostlikely
x4

Post by mostlikely » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 20:20

A small note, your versions now are: 1.5, 1.51, 1.6
For Xplugin manager 1.5 < 1.6 < 1.51.
So the old 1.51 version is seen as newer then the 1.6 version.
It's easy to fix by simply un-installing the 1.51 version offcourse.

It would be better to do the versions like this (I think) 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.6

[Edit]
Auto drive works wonders!
Great work. =D

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 20:28

mostlikely wrote:A small note, your versions now are: 1.5, 1.51, 1.6
For Xplugin manager 1.5 < 1.6 < 1.51.
So the old 1.51 version is seen as newer then the 1.6 version.
It's easy to fix by simply un-installing the 1.51 version offcourse.

It would be better to do the versions like this (I think) 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.6
Strange don't know why .. Xpluginmanager fantasy maybe .. version is set to 1.6 everywhere so don't really know :)

Just uninstall v1.51 before installing 1.6 so :P

mostlikely
x4

Post by mostlikely » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 20:31

Loky77 wrote:Strange don't know why .. Xpluginmanager fantasy maybe .. version is set to 1.6 everywhere so don't really know :)
I probably wasn't clear.. 1.6 is correct..
Version 1.51 should be version 1.5.1 (nothing you can do about it now tho)

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 20:34

mostlikely wrote:
I probably wasn't clear.. 1.6 is correct..
Version 1.51 should be version 1.5.1 (nothing you can do about it now tho)
Ok if all is correct i won't bother :)
Thanks anyway :P

X2-Eliah
x3tc

Post by X2-Eliah » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 06:29

Non-EMP friendly script version shows up as 1.9 on name, it is the correct one, right?

taigen

Post by taigen » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 08:05

I have had a few crash to desktop errors with the new autojump command. I am not sure if its a conflict with other mods or not (I have a whole slew of them installed, so not really a 'pure' test of the mod.)

The issue seems to happen when I assign the autojump command, and may have to do with the ships being in a wing. Its semi random, as I have loaded the save I used and tried the same thing again without trouble. It also only seems to happen upon assigning a ship to autojump. I have not had crashes once that ship is successfully assigned, though assigning a different ship later has triggered it.

The first time I had the error, I assigned a carrier (titan full of fenrirs) the command while it was in blue wing protecting my ship. It immediately engaged quantum drive to adjust its position closer to me and mid-jump CTD. I also had a agemmemnon in the same wing.

Once I got those ships sucessfully useing autojump after restarting the game, I assigned a titan I had in a SEWN wing (satillite early warning system) which could conflict as it has its own autojumping behaviour (though not energyless). I was out of sector when I assigned it, and it immediately crashed my game to windows. I then loaded and tried that again, and managed to sucessfully add both my protecting Blue wing and the SEWN wing to autojump and after that had no issue (though the SEWN ship continues to use the vanilla jump command, which I kind of expected, am just hoping that it will use hyperjump now if it runs out of energy).

I still am impressed with this script, and it mostly works without flaw. The command move to sector though tends to get my ship to try to quantum jump to jumpgate instead of hyperjumping, and the command move to position sometimes engages hyperdrive and sometimes also tried to quantum jump to the nearest jumpgate (which gets it into a loop as it can't get close enough to switch to move to, so just keeps quantum jumping over and over again). Cancelling the command and trying again fixes that though, and for the most part it hyperjumps or quantum jumps correctly.

A few bugs to work through, but the script is very useable as is, though I suggest saveing before assigning ships to autojump to be safe. Great work, this is becomeing one of my must have scripts, alongside MARS and FDN.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”