[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 13:39

Loky77... this is an amazing script, it's an absolute must have, the quantum drive is brilliant for moving around big sector quickly! this script gets :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: ...

I do have a suggestion, the amount of energy cells that are used in the quantum jump should be graded according to ship size and distance travelled...

For example:

M5, M4, M3, 1 energy cell per 5km travelled.
M6, M8, TS, TP, 3 energy cells per 5km travelled.
M7, 5 energy cells per 5km travelled.
M1, M2, TL, 7 energy cells per 5km travelled.

And maybe something on a similar line for the hyper jump, where distance becomes sectors... :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:06

I've also been using this, and find it to be extremely well done. For jumpdrive stuff, this is the script to use, without a doubt.

How much do the wares cost? I can't make it out in my menu.

And if you wanted to make a "penalty" for using the jumpdrive, such as in shield energy depletion based upon ship size and distance, I certainly wouldn't complain. Might put more of a tactical decision making process in place when using it in certain situations.

Great job. A must have script.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:28

38k for the quantum drive, 1.8Mil something for the Slope converter, and, i think, 7+Mil for the singularity projector.

Oh, and spacefuelddict if right - this script works brilliantly with his own sector mod.

So for I haven't encountered any problems (non-emp version), but I have to say it is weird charging the p-2-p jumpdrive in your nova and hearing that 2 other people are crammed in the engine compartment..
But it certainly beats the betty countdown, so it still has to be a keeper, that..

Actually, the quantum drive option could use something similar as well..

And, if you recall the scenes in the X3-Reunion plot, where the gate was built, they used a flash of sorts, that effect would be good with your gate-spawner system too (I reckon a gate-less jumphole would not be possible). Thumbs up!

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:34

spacefueladdict wrote:Loky77... this is an amazing script, it's an absolute must have, the quantum drive is brilliant for moving around big sector quickly! this script gets :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: ...
Hehe :p Thanks a lot :) Wait for the Auto-drive to be finished, you'll see your fleet using it when able to :)
spacefueladdict wrote: I do have a suggestion, the amount of energy cells that are used in the quantum jump should be graded according to ship size and distance travelled...

For example:

Part of it is already like that, for now every ship without SSTC use 1E-cells per 20 km traveled :)
I'll probably redo and correct that a bit depending on feedback
Anyway thanks for the suggestion
spacefueladdict wrote:And maybe something on a similar line for the hyper jump, where distance becomes sectors... :)
That is already in place, ship without SSTC will need Ecells depending on the distance and size of ship ( like the regular jumprdrive )

:)

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:46

Loky77 wrote:
spacefueladdict wrote:Loky77... this is an amazing script, it's an absolute must have, the quantum drive is brilliant for moving around big sector quickly! this script gets :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: ...
Hehe :p Thanks a lot :) Wait for the Auto-drive to be finished, you'll see your fleet using it when able to :)
spacefueladdict wrote: I do have a suggestion, the amount of energy cells that are used in the quantum jump should be graded according to ship size and distance travelled...

For example:

Part of it is already like that, for now every ship without SSTC use 1E-cells per 20 km traveled :)
I'll probably redo and correct that a bit depending on feedback
Anyway thanks for the suggestion
spacefueladdict wrote:And maybe something on a similar line for the hyper jump, where distance becomes sectors... :)
That is already in place, ship without SSTC will need Ecells depending on the distance and size of ship ( like the regular jumprdrive )

:)
No problem, keep up the good work, when you have finished an got everything sorted, would you mind if i added this mod to my sector mod?

I have increaded the sizes of the sectors and this script would complement it wonderfully, full credit to yourself of course. :D

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:53

X2-Eliah wrote:38k for the quantum drive, 1.8Mil something for the Slope converter, and, i think, 7+Mil for the singularity projector.
Singularity projector is actually 17+Millions, and you need two, one in each of the gate ship. I couldn't make mobile wormhole creation so cheap :P
X2-Eliah wrote: Oh, and spacefuelddict if right - this script works brilliantly with his own sector mod.

So for I haven't encountered any problems (non-emp version), but I have to say it is weird charging the p-2-p jumpdrive in your nova and hearing that 2 other people are crammed in the engine compartment..
But it certainly beats the betty countdown, so it still has to be a keeper, that..

Actually, the quantum drive option could use something similar as well..
Yeah i know about the p-2-p charging sound, i first wanted that sound only in big ship but betty's countdown is so ... well...
I even tried to mute her but i couldn't, she wouldn't let me do :D. So decided to let that go that charging sound for every ship :)
X2-Eliah wrote: And, if you recall the scenes in the X3-Reunion plot, where the gate was built, they used a flash of sorts, that effect would be good with your gate-spawner system too (I reckon a gate-less jumphole would not be possible). Thumbs up!
I found a cheap trick to make gate do a big flash on "closing/destruction", that will probably make it in the next release.
Also on creation, couldn't find any cheap trick to do it... Or if some scripters could point me on how to make appear that sort of animation, i would be glad

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:54

I'm suffering a major issue with this script. I installed it via EMP normally. Then I tried to "Continue a game" I had to try it out and the game froze as soon as it loaded and it started to emmit a high-pitched tone I've never heard before, prolly some script sound mixed with the freezing. I tried it twice and started a new game; all with the same reuslts as long as your script was installed.

I'm running version 1.4 with:

Cheat Collection Package 1.41 by Cycrow
Collect Wares In Sector 1.0 by Graxter
Factory Complex Constructor 4.01 by Dusty
Improved Boarding 1.10 by Cycrow
Lazcorp Crystal Free SPP 1.02 by Lazerath
Marine Repairs 1.01 by Tatakau
Rotate and Move Objects 1 by Graxter
and a small mod made by me that simply adds some ships and statiosn to Terran docks without modifying anything else.

Also: CAG, EST and CLS trade scripts and the Marine Manager by Cycrow.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:55

spacefueladdict wrote:
No problem, keep up the good work, when you have finished an got everything sorted, would you mind if i added this mod to my sector mod?

I have increaded the sizes of the sectors and this script would complement it wonderfully, full credit to yourself of course. :D

Of course go ahead if it can enhance your mod, i would be very happy :)

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:59

Loky77 wrote:
spacefueladdict wrote:

Of course go ahead if it can enhance your mod, i would be very happy :)
Thanks very much, i'll wait til it's all complete, just give me the nod when it's done... Cheers. :D

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 15:19

Seathal wrote:I'm suffering a major issue with this script. I installed it via EMP normally. Then I tried to "Continue a game" I had to try it out and the game froze as soon as it loaded and it started to emmit a high-pitched tone I've never heard before, prolly some script sound mixed with the freezing. I tried it twice and started a new game; all with the same reuslts as long as your script was installed.

I'm running version 1.4 with:

Cheat Collection Package 1.41 by Cycrow
Collect Wares In Sector 1.0 by Graxter
Factory Complex Constructor 4.01 by Dusty
Improved Boarding 1.10 by Cycrow
Lazcorp Crystal Free SPP 1.02 by Lazerath
Marine Repairs 1.01 by Tatakau
Rotate and Move Objects 1 by Graxter
and a small mod made by me that simply adds some ships and statiosn to Terran docks without modifying anything else.

Also: CAG, EST and CLS trade scripts and the Marine Manager by Cycrow.
That's really strange, i see your are not using EMP mod so did you install the correct non EMP version of AHD ?
Are you using Cycrow's community configuration plugin that my script need ?
Are you installing the package correctly via plugin manager ?

If you sure of all of that ... i checked all the script and mod you posted, seems to have no conflict
Maybe that's something in your small mod that i can't check :P Maybe ...
Cause i can't see where that strange sound and freeze could come from ( the script doesn't emit any sound when starting the game )

Let me now if you find something

Cheers

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 15:23

I used Cycrows Script Manager for the install, and yes I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly (as any of the other script/mods).

I'll check if any of the mods interfeer, I'll keep you updated.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 16:22

for a penalty: this already has one, in that SETA cannot be used to accelerate the jump countdown, nor can the ship be steered or moved while the countdown is on, making it a little deadly for escaping dangerous sectors.

mmose

Post by mmose » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 00:05

Seathal wrote:I used Cycrows Script Manager for the install, and yes I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly (as any of the other script/mods).

I'll check if any of the mods interfeer, I'll keep you updated.
Seathal,

I am experiencing the same problem. I disabled and uninstalled all mods from Cycrow's manager except for this one, and experience the same high pitched sound.

A clarification, it doesn't sound like some sort of Windows error, the sound is a looping sound of some sound byte in the game itself.

Running Vista 64 bit, btw.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 01:09

small issue: currently ships jump before their leader, then fly or autojump back to the sector they left from before their leader reaches destination. this is bad.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 04:13

X2-Eliah wrote:3

but I have to say it is weird charging the p-2-p jumpdrive in your nova and hearing that 2 other people are crammed in the engine compartment..
They're little people. I like the company.

I have not had any problems with this script. It most definitely adds a superior layer of immersion compared to the other options. I've tried to get ships to jump and crash on other ships, tried to run into things with the quantum drive, with no success. It all seems to work fine. This is a must have for anyone playing TC.

One question. When using the quantum drive for sector travel, is it possible to build in a warning system if your planned travel will bring you into an immovable object? Having the computer warn and disable before you fly into an asteroid (and just stop) would be much more immersive.

Just a thought. Again, awesome job. Love this script.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 11:04

semiliterate wrote:small issue: currently ships jump before their leader, then fly or autojump back to the sector they left from before their leader reaches destination. this is bad.
You probably have the stock autojump command activated, next release will see the addition of the auto-drive command (Player-owned ship will try and use hyper and quantum jump if able to) that will not have this flaw, however i'll try to put a failsafe for people using the standard auto-jump to prevent followers to jump back

Thanks for pointing this out

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 15:01

actually, i tried it without the autojump, but with SETA, which accelerates the countdown for OTHER ships but not for mine. my corvettes jumped, then flew out of the nearest gate to make a beeline back to me, then i jumped, then they changed their mind and came into the sector i tried to jump them into.

it's because if they jump before me, they then try to move to follow/protect me, i think. any way to hold/cancel the command til the jump sequence on my ship is complete?

or SETA the countdown. i'm wondering if this works in a similar way to teh Advanced Jumpdrive from Reunion, which had the time you jump linked to the soundfile so that if you SETA'd for two seconds and then did something that interrupted the soundfile, you'd jump.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:18

semiliterate wrote:actually, i tried it without the autojump, but with SETA, which accelerates the countdown for OTHER ships but not for mine. my corvettes jumped, then flew out of the nearest gate to make a beeline back to me, then i jumped, then they changed their mind and came into the sector i tried to jump them into.

it's because if they jump before me, they then try to move to follow/protect me, i think. any way to hold/cancel the command til the jump sequence on my ship is complete?

or SETA the countdown. i'm wondering if this works in a similar way to teh Advanced Jumpdrive from Reunion, which had the time you jump linked to the soundfile so that if you SETA'd for two seconds and then did something that interrupted the soundfile, you'd jump.
Yeah .. you nasty boy .. trying to SETA to make the jump go faster :P
SETA accelerate global simulation :)
I didn't think about the SETA trick .. any way i'll put a fail safe in place ..

Basically when any ship has completed a jump he'll wait till its leader either complete or cancel its own jump before resuming duty, so even SETA-ing will make them wait

Another small thing i didn't think of .. Thanks for testing my script in all possible condition :)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 17:52

also i've been getting some odd behaviour from the quantum jump occasionally. i have the ecliptic projector but my emergence point is still a bit variable (using fighters as targets) although not by much so probably works as intended. however, occasionally using it while close to something that is behind me will place it in front of me and then stop me. mainly with asteroids.

not a real problem 'cause i usually just go "clearly distortions in the quantum gravitational wavefront matrices causing localised extraspatial phenomena" but i thought you might like to know.

i'm also guessing that the SSTC not powering the standard, gated jumpdrive is intentional. if not, i kind of like it because it means that the normal, doesn't force you to stop still before you jump jumpdrive but requires energy still has some utility, and energy cell gathering just feels like part of the game to me.

idle note. seems like you'd have a legitimate reason to disable SETA while a jump is charging - the SSTC is using the singularity, and even if it's not, it's established by your jump theories that gravity is bad.

although lord only knows if that's possible. hey, i don't even know what half the script editor options do.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 23:27

semiliterate wrote:also i've been getting some odd behaviour from the quantum jump occasionally. i have the ecliptic projector but my emergence point is still a bit variable (using fighters as targets) although not by much so probably works as intended. however, occasionally using it while close to something that is behind me will place it in front of me and then stop me. mainly with asteroids.

not a real problem 'cause i usually just go "clearly distortions in the quantum gravitational wavefront matrices causing localised extraspatial phenomena" but i thought you might like to know.
Thanks for letting me know, i was already aware of that, i warned people, using quantum drive near gravity wells can have such effect, try to be a little further when activating it :)
semiliterate wrote: i'm also guessing that the SSTC not powering the standard, gated jumpdrive is intentional. if not, i kind of like it because it means that the normal, doesn't force you to stop still before you jump jumpdrive but requires energy still has some utility, and energy cell gathering just feels like part of the game to me.

idle note. seems like you'd have a legitimate reason to disable SETA while a jump is charging - the SSTC is using the singularity, and even if it's not, it's established by your jump theories that gravity is bad.

although lord only knows if that's possible. hey, i don't even know what half the script editor options do.
The SSTC is not powering the normal gate-needed jumdrive, it is indeed intended :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”