[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 09:05

X2-Eliah wrote:Non-EMP friendly script version shows up as 1.9 on name, it is the correct one, right?
Yes don't worry , it is because file front quite rename strangely long file name :)

You can go ahead this is the correct one :)

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 09:18

@taigen

I hate those kind of semi random things as if you can't reproduce it regularly, it's kinda hard to fix :)
Any i never experienced a CTD using the script but i experienced some while just playing vanilla.

So is the script adding the last water drop to make a CTD, has it nothing to do this it, randomness is hard to fix :P
Anyway i'll try to see from where that thing could come from.

As for your SEWN, it will never direct to use hyperjump, i can't control other script behavior, however if your SEWN affect some kind of destination and target it may be possible that Auto-drive will engage.
I unfortunately can't test the script will all mods out there

Some reported it worked with CAG and consort, you have to see :P

Any way I'll try to investigate the "fly to sector " and "move to position" a bit deeply to see. Be sure to check taht ship has the necessary equipment as priority is given to hyperjump but is for some reason, not enough EC, not the necessary drive and software the ship will try a quantum jump (better to get to the nearest than doing nothing when you cna't do a hyper jump) checking again for the necessary equipment.
If none is possible, it just fly to destination and will check regularly if his conditions for jumping has changed or not ( ie: am I now able to jump or not )

little question are your ship equipped with ecliptic projector that make quantum jump accurate ? if not, there is a intended miscalculation on every quantum jump, and that's maybe the cause of ship looping to try and get to a position :)

Thanks for the feedback :P

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 15:39

I've been using it for a week with a rather script heavy game and it works like a treat. cool sound effects too!

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 04:54

engaging hyper jump while docked to a terran shipyard moved my m2 10 k up and left without undocking me or jumping me to saturn.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 10:54

semiliterate wrote:engaging hyper jump while docked to a terran shipyard moved my m2 10 k up and left without undocking me or jumping me to saturn.
Fixed for next release :)
Thanks for feedback

Careful, due to the very high collision detection "sphere" on terran stations, if you order a ship docked in a terran station to hyperjump without undocking it before, it will need to go far away from the station before engaging hyperjump, though this is only true while player is IN Sector.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 15:20

oh also, during that docked jump mishap, i added my followers after initiating the jump, and they jumped and then jumped back on Auto-Drive - might be a special case, in which case no problem, but is there a check to see that the lead ship will actually jump? i think this might not have happened with non-autodrive and probably not without the station bug, so i dunno.

also i swear, i'm not actually TRYING to destruct test the script. these things just sort of happen.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 17:35

semiliterate wrote:oh also, during that docked jump mishap, i added my followers after initiating the jump, and they jumped and then jumped back on Auto-Drive - might be a special case, in which case no problem, but is there a check to see that the lead ship will actually jump? i think this might not have happened with non-autodrive and probably not without the station bug, so i dunno.

also i swear, i'm not actually TRYING to destruct test the script. these things just sort of happen.
Yep that's because, jump not happened in fact despite the jump script actually executed.
So for followers, leading ship is about to jump so they go ( jump script on leader is executing ), but the leader jump mishap and didn't happen so followers jump back cause the leader actually didn't jump.

Behaviour is normal .... if leader mishap .. followers come back :)
Anyway, this is already fixed on next version as leader destination target will be set after undocking so followers will initiate jump only is leader is actually jumping.
And if you cancel leader jump ... folowers who went will come back for sure .. :)

The fix i already did for next release should take care of that :)
I hope i'm clear enough :)

And even if you trying to destruct test the script that's good .. this is how you get the bugs out to show their head :)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 12:08

i suspect it might be a consequence of egosoft's terrible avoidance code, but a ship that comes too close to something on Auto-Drive tends to, um, spam the quantum drive function annoyingly, making lots of noise and making me think something terrible is happening.

any chance it could hold off on using quantum drive for fifteen seconds or so if it encounters an object, just to give finding a way around it a chance before it starts making loads of noise?

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 00:16

semiliterate wrote:i suspect it might be a consequence of egosoft's terrible avoidance code, but a ship that comes too close to something on Auto-Drive tends to, um, spam the quantum drive function annoyingly, making lots of noise and making me think something terrible is happening.

any chance it could hold off on using quantum drive for fifteen seconds or so if it encounters an object, just to give finding a way around it a chance before it starts making loads of noise?
Seems you like to play in the Terran sector :evil:
I already realized that ... quantum is set to engage at more than 15km on auto-drive, however, as you said, in Terran sector station and shipyard are so big that avoidance code puts you at 25 !!! km

This is a drawback, and only happens when you are IN sector.
I'll put a fail safe for that: ie player is IS and target is a Terran owned station, quantum will not engage at less than 30km away.
Can't really do anything with that ... except forcing position witch might lead to collisions, i could prevent that with disabling collision but that would be some kind of a cheat :P

So i'll think something for that :=)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 00:39

um i'm pretty sure i was in nyana's hideout.

it occurs to me that what probably happened is you know that loop the pathfinding sometimes gets stuck in trying to avoid a station, where it just turns away, flys a bit and turns back to the station? i think it might be that and the autodrive, ie flying away from the station, turning back and engaging quantum jump back inside the no-jump radius.

in which case, it's not your problem...

is there a minimum range that auto-drive will engage the quantum jump for?

haven't really had a problem with the terran stations much. other than the Saturn shipyard slowing my game to a crawl one time, i haven't noticed any of the problems other people have been having, which is strange because everything else in my games usually fails. my community configuration menu hotkey is a readtext, but it's cool, it works fine. i never touched it though. but the terran stations? no worries, really.

also i haven't been further in than mars because i'm scared some freighter will fly into me and get my access revoked.

954flyer
x3

Post by 954flyer » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 01:12

Every time I try to use project warpgate now, my game freezes up and I have to end the task. I'm pretty far along in my game. I've completed the hub, have a sizable fleet, and I'm using quite a few scripts. Without listing all of my scripts, do you have any idea what could be causing this?

The scenarios I've tried are thus:

I initiate the warpgate from an orca that i'm floating next to in great reef(love the sound effects). I target the opposite orca in president's end. As the music climaxes and about the point the gate should be created, the game freezes and the sound starts looping. I also tried initiating it from the opposite orca and targeting the orca in my current sector..and also both scenarios from the president's end sector. I've also tried it while out of sector. In THAT scenario, the gate is created, but once I go to one of the sectors and fly around for about 10 seconds, the game freezes or crashes.

Is there any limitations on where you can create a gate and how many normal gates are already in the sector?

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 02:06

i have a gate from Great Reef to the Hub that's been going for... well, i have one ts shipping teladianium from two foundries in a complex, and it's carried 423000 units through the gate so far, in lots of about 200 (i both hate and love the hub plot). i have it between a panther and an elephant, both with SSTC installed.

try it to a sector with one gate, but i don't think that's it.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 11:10

954flyer wrote:Every time I try to use project warpgate now, my game freezes up and I have to end the task. I'm pretty far along in my game. I've completed the hub, have a sizable fleet, and I'm using quite a few scripts. Without listing all of my scripts, do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Is there any limitations on where you can create a gate and how many normal gates are already in the sector?
I have no ideas about those freeze .. as i never experienced any.
There are too many different things that can happen, and usually hard to reproduce :(

There are no limitations on gate creations as long as you meet the requirements, the only thing that could make things wrong is trying to create gates in sectors where there is already 5 normal gates and there is not any to my knowledge

EDIT: Just tried myself establishing a link between Great Reef and President's end with 2 Orcas , just to be sure ...
Initiated the command on the President's end Orca, I was IS, procedures went fine, gate created , gate functional .. so i can't really reproduce that.
No idea what's causing your freeze
Last edited by Loky77 on Fri, 13. Feb 09, 11:57, edited 2 times in total.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 11:19

semiliterate wrote:um i'm pretty sure i was in nyana's hideout.

it occurs to me that what probably happened is you know that loop the pathfinding sometimes gets stuck in trying to avoid a station, where it just turns away, flys a bit and turns back to the station? i think it might be that and the autodrive, ie flying away from the station, turning back and engaging quantum jump back inside the no-jump radius.

in which case, it's not your problem...

is there a minimum range that auto-drive will engage the quantum jump for?

haven't really had a problem with the terran stations much. other than the Saturn shipyard slowing my game to a crawl one time, i haven't noticed any of the problems other people have been having, which is strange because everything else in my games usually fails. my community configuration menu hotkey is a readtext, but it's cool, it works fine. i never touched it though. but the terran stations? no worries, really.

also i haven't been further in than mars because i'm scared some freighter will fly into me and get my access revoked.
Ok i see better ... the loop pathfinding!! ... so yeah quantum drive going in loop as, when a ship is in a pathfinding loop hit gets closer engaging quantum then can' t find a path , do a U-turn gets far away that it triggers the auto-drive quantum jump and gets closer and can't find a path and the cycle goes on.

Can't do anything for that pathfinding is Egosoft coded... either get OOS, disable auto-drive if sound is annoying ( that won't cut the pathfinding loop though ), anyway sound can be an alert that shipo is on a pathfinding loop :)

Mininum range for auto-drive to engage hyperjump is 15km
ie: if target is less than 15 km away, auto-drive will NOT engage quantum jump

I may tweak that a bit getting size of target to make the trigger range variate in function of that .. I'm still thinking .. Fixed or variable range trigger ?? !!

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 16:22

I forget if this hs already been in the thread and I am to lazy to look right now :roll: but are you using the standard gate models or ar you using a custom set of gate files and models that just happen to be the same?
I would really like to be able to see those ship to ship jumps with a custom gate like the nebula gate in the XFP and... that other modby observe that was recently releasd or TC, as that would just look amazing.

awesome work man, i look forward to using and abusing this fabulous mod!

AQM
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 11:17

aquemnun wrote:I forget if this hs already been in the thread and I am to lazy to look right now :roll: but are you using the standard gate models or ar you using a custom set of gate files and models that just happen to be the same?
I would really like to be able to see those ship to ship jumps with a custom gate like the nebula gate in the XFP and... that other modby observe that was recently releasd or TC, as that would just look amazing.
I'm using the standard jumpgate model, i didn't dig into the models and meshes files and used the standard "create gate" command provided by egosoft :)
aquemnun wrote: awesome work man, i look forward to using and abusing this fabulous mod!

AQM
Thanks a lot
Have fun :)

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 12:39

loky77 one more question. How would I go about changing the gate types, so instead of the normal gates i can use the TOA (trans-orbital-accelerator). Basically i have set it up so all the ships i use for gate construction are terran (as they already have experience and knowledge of gate building) and i use atmospheric lifters as the powerplants behind it. I just thought it would look better with the TOA's instead of normal gates.

thanks in advance
AQM

p.s. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW GOOD AND HANDY THIS MOD IS!!
the subject discovered

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:10

Good script. One question: is there a way to remove the sound, and/or replace it with something less chatty?

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:14

Jaga_Telesin wrote:Good script. One question: is there a way to remove the sound, and/or replace it with something less chatty?
Ok if you want to ge rid of all the sounds then you open the .cat/dat with X3modmanager, then delete every s/x file. so for example delete

s/1032.wav
s/4234.wav
s/4323.wav
s/1534.wav

then it will just be no sound in place of the sounds you dont like. if you want to delete certain sounds you extract the files and then just delete the files you ont want.
the subject discovered

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:25

Thanks aquemnun.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”