[MOD] X3TC Boron Lusca M7 - V1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 04:20

Axeface, Outstanding work on both ship releases.

Maybe you would be willing to help others to follow the trail you're blazing by releasing a tutorial detailing your methods. I have no doubt that many would benefit from it.

I know, as with all things, time is the issue.

But as the Merovingian would state "If you don't ever take time, how could you ever have time". Joking!!!! :lol:

Seriously though ...... would you consider putting out a tutorial for getting ships ingame X3:TC?

What do you think.

Thanks Guy ........ And keep up the good work.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 05:01

Axeface,
at DDRS we're experimenting with what we call "light flak" turrets. Not FAA, but rather 2x,3x,4x--even5x,6x--sized turrets that can only take IRE or IRE & PAC. They throw out a high volume of fire--but only to their relatively short ranges., and are really useful only vs. lighter fighters and missles. 1x PBE-only turrets would be another option. 1x or 2x PRG turrets should now be quite effective (perhaps too effective, considering their 1000+ m/s speed!) also since Gaxx's turret fix (1.4 patch).

Am not yet sure how game will calculate the power of such turrets OOS.

Tactically, IS attacks against "light flak" simply require player to use shorter strafing runs (if in a fighter).

A Jager like Lusca would be an ideal candidate for light flak, as with such massive frontal armament, any heavy weapons in other arcs overpowers her.

In any case I really like her, and the thinking behind the concept :wink:
Keep it comin'.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 20:22

Cheers for the comments guys.
Arraamis. I could try to write a tutorial but I don't think anything will be covered that isn't already in the other tuts. If I have time I may do one.

Hieronymos. Sounds cool, I like the idea of lots of small turrets, If I have time to play with this ship more I may give it a go :)

Gazz. Cheers for the info about weapons and how speed affects them, was never quite sure about that. And i'm not sure if the cockpit guns are arranged properly so they correspond to the slots, will take a look.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 02:02

I've been working on porting DDRS mod to TC, and just finished a spec proposal for a super-heavy Argon M3+ called the Argon Hammer M3+ . More like a light M6 than an M3+ (actually what at DDRS we'd call an "M3/M6 Hybrid"), she carries a quad-IRE turret on her belly of all places http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... -M3P_2.jpg http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... -M3P_3.jpg

Deadly's test-flied her, and says that when pestered by M5's or M4's, just turning belly-up to target, the turret works great. Not much help against M3's though..

So she's designed to prey on M6,TL,M7; can do fairly well vs. M5/M4..but is very vulnerable to M3/3+...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 11:14

Different ship concepts like this are a lot more interesting than merely yet another model.
So what if it looks like a corellian corvette if all TShips entries and all turret orientations are identical to the Centaur?
To me that's nothing new - just another Centaur.

If you M3/6 (as I assume) also handles a lot more sluggish than a regular M3 then missile defense could become somewhat of a headache.
If you split the quad turret into 2 x 2 lasers and assign them to the bottom/left and bottom/right arcs you still have the concentrated fire directly below the ship but the lasers can cover more area - although with minimal firepower.
Non-standard turret arcs make a ship more unique because it's not such a cookie cutter design. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 23:14

Gazz,
Different ship concepts like this are a lot more interesting than merely yet another model.
So what if it looks like a corellian corvette if all TShips entries and all turret orientations are identical to the Centaur?
To me that's nothing new - just another Centaur.
I couldn't agree more. However, as a modder, the "..yet another (identically-spec'd) model" approach of the Devs provides huge opportunity to create some very interesting snd useful ships.

Re: your idea of using 2 2x IRE turrets instead of a single 4xIRE, the Paranid YT-2400 Outrider M3+ http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... -2400a.jpg (yes, a Corellian Engineering SW ship) will be another M3/M6 Hybrid Jager that will have two quad-IRE turrets--Up & Down. The idea at present is to make her a little faster than Argon Hammer, but with 50% the shielding (yet with 150% lsr energy). So she'll have great turret coverage vs. M4's/M5's--but still be quite vulnerable to M4+/M3. And she won't have enough weapons power for both her turrets and her main guns..

In X3R we experimented with her in that role...She's big, and when attacking a formation of YT-2400's in a fast M3, you'd feel like a Me-109 pilot taking on a pack of lumbering B-17's!..As long as you'd cut short a HEPT firing run before ~1km, you could take down YT-2400's on the edge of a pack without a scratch. But if you tried flying through their formation--you'd get shredded by the massed power of all those quad-IRE's.

Lusca, imo, is a good candidate for some 2x PAC or 4x IRE turrets. They don't drain juice like FAA's, so her main guns would still have power in a major dust-up. But such light turrets are pretty darned weak compared to FAA's, with half the reach and perhaps a quarter the punch...
So she'd be able to be a true M7 Jager with light anti-fighter capabilities.

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 04:54

hey mate i sent you a PM about the use of these ships hoping we could add them to the community mod pack! lemme know !
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod
X2 The Threat - X3 R - X Terran Conflict

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 11. May 09, 05:49

thx for this nice ship...better than springblossom imho for personal ship/fighter

however I wanted to buy it and I don't see it neither at lucky planets nor the kingdom end....the strange thing is my universal best buys locator says they are available, but the adv.product chaser not....I got about 10mils that I could spare on a new ship (tired of my current nova) and decided for this one based on it's stats...haven't even noticed the price until now

I am using the 1.5 version...installed as fake patch....maybe I could use try installing it as a normal mod since I have all mods installed as fake patches...

my ranks are
20 master economist
12 sharpshooter
5 boron noble peer

started as humble merchant

EDIT 1: Got it working after installing it as a proper mod and not fake patch....now I can see it in boron sy inventory for 47mil....when installed as a fake mod the price was according to the universal best buy locator 64 credits ;o]]

seems I'll have to settle for something cheaper (probably tenks normandy), but at least it is working now....

EDIT 2: cannot install it together with Normandy. Anyone can confirm if it is or is not possible?

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Tue, 12. May 09, 18:26

im not sure if your still watching these posts but iv tryed to download both yoour ships and the 'mediafile' links come up as 'this page cannot be found' and for your m6 design is the same also the file factory link works but wopnt let me download even though i have never been on that website...

'Home FileFactory Premium
Sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server.

Please try again later, or you can upgrade to FileFactory Premium below for instant access.

Retry Download '

plz get back to me asap i would love to try out your ships they look incredible

thx

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:19

File links work for me. Ive uploaded it somewhere else as i have them already. Linky :::: http://www.x3dmod.com/dev/killerog/Axef ... 5FINAL.rar

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:20

were do i save the file to?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:36

Just extact it into your mian steam folder (where x3Tc.exe is). You should ahev 3 folders in there Mods,script and Documents.

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:44

well it says do you want to open or save file .
wen i saved it there was no folder just an unkown file
unlike wen i tryed the normandy mod it came in a zipped folder
soz for bieng useless with comps
:oops:

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:47

it comes as a RAR file i cant extract it or open it

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 12. May 09, 19:51

You need to download and install Win rar to extract RAR files:: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

This file :: WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.90 beta 1

Much better for zips aswell.

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Tue, 12. May 09, 20:00

:D
thx sooooo much it works thx thx thx :P

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 12. May 09, 20:05

np, glad you got it working.

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 13:48

Axeface,

The Lusca is the kind of ship that really fits my style of fighting, I'm not a huge fan of the fast style dog fighting with M3-5's. In reading through the post I noticed that your mod won't work as a fake patch. As I've just started to begin to understand the modding process and working/fixing scripts I've got a custom mod I'm already using that (so far) have only been able to get it to work as a mod and not a script. The files my mod changes only deal with stations, phq and equipment docs, so do you think it'd be possible to merge your mod into mine (or your's into mine however you want to look at it)? Last time I installed new ships into my game it crashed it and had to reinstall the game, not a process I want to repeat.

I find M7's to be the most fun (for me at least) to play around in and love the KingTiger. It's great for eliminating pesky fighters very fast and has generous foreword firepower but doesn't compare to the Thresher, even with 8 IBL's and 2 Gauss Cannon's in the foreward turret. With the Lusca I could go on Xenon patrols (or purge Xenon Sectors) with just a Tiger or Cerberus in tow for fighter control. Would make it much more fun and challenging than sitting on the bridge of my Osaka and watching it just lay waste to everything without having to do much work on my part.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 15:27

Your best bet is to merge your mod with mine as it has been updated for the latest patch. And from what you said you should be able to simple merge them as you don't use the same files.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 21:22

I just installed this mod and cant find the ship in my cheat menue, for all ships. Is there somewhere I need to go and buy this ship in a ship yard?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”