RRF (Race Response Fleets with Race Wars) 2.2 21/9/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 02:38

i have a question:
i like your plugin. but i hate the usage of p2p-jumping. if i want to modify the plugin - what am i to chance in which file?
i want the rrf to jump to gates and attack the enemys from there...^^
i thin it fits better to the lore of the x-universe if they dont use khaak-technology...
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 17:02

As i'm around at the moment.

this advise is based on memory from a long time ago in a galaxy......................

find the rrf scripts in the engine and look for any ending in jump, jump please god and look at the code and the linked scripts

you may find there is a jump to gate commented out in the code already but skim the first few pages of this thread and see how much pain the jump logic was causing (inc CTD's and about 70hrs of my hunting the issue)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:55

LV wrote:As i'm around at the moment.

this advise is based on memory from a long time ago in a galaxy......................

find the rrf scripts in the engine and look for any ending in jump, jump please god and look at the code and the linked scripts

you may find there is a jump to gate commented out in the code already but skim the first few pages of this thread and see how much pain the jump logic was causing (inc CTD's and about 70hrs of my hunting the issue)
okay, thats too much for my skills. thought it would be easy to let the rff ships just use the jump to position command, and after arriving at the destination sector use the attack-command, or something similar to this...

then i will have to cope with a lore-unfriendly overuse of the p2p-jumpdrive - and with rff ships killing my mission targets ;D
also it would be a great scene, imagine: the pirates of the pirate guild 3-script attack a TL. the rff jumps to the nearest gate to protect the TL, heading for the pirates. the rff ist just 10 klicks away, as the pirates finish their job and jump away. would be highly random if the pirates finish their job first or the rff is fast enough. atm its like: ~10 fighters attack a TL - RFF materialisizes near them and vaporizes the whole buch - booring^^

with gate jumping the rff would protect the sectors but pirates have a chance to do theri work and go home safe. khaak-invasions and xenon-attacks would coause some damge - but they would be stopped. no brainless-military like vanilla, but no overpowered hightech-p2p-stuff like in your script^^
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 14:04

Hi guys, where is the RRF download?

The link takes me to another page full of other scripts besides the RRF.
Cheers
Gecks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 14:39

Are you playing TC or AP?

RRF is built into AP.

The RRF distribution for TC is on the google code site.

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 04:59

Dr B....do you own this whole forum :)
Your everywhere man! ;)

I am trying to use it with TC, but on the actual link it takes me to a folder (google code?), but there is no file I can see called RRF or Race Response Fleet in the description.
Cheers
Gecks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 05:04

I don't own it, no. :)

But I do have a good collection of bookmarks, and I am one of the few people left who actually answer questions. A couple of years ago there were many more.

On the google code site, search "Current downloads" for "rrf". You probably want RRF 2.2 (either .spk or .zip).

Lukespacewalker

Post by Lukespacewalker » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 03:30

I like it, still playing the game 2017, and your scripts only gives it more gamplay, thanks for that.

Lukespacewalker

Post by Lukespacewalker » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 03:32

Still playing this awsome game and your scripts only gives it a better gameplay, thanks alot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”