[SHIPS]Battlestar Galactica Ships Ver 1.8, with Promotional Video

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 13:56

hawkbs wrote:
Freeman_79 wrote: Btw hawkbs, was it you that worked on the new high poly Galactica ?

Yes I did them all.
Although my High Poly was not as good as Mox's unreleased Galactica which I wish he had finished as it rocked in the videos.
I never finished the Valkyrie off though and she has some weapon issues.

aah ok.

You think those versions of Galactica and Pegasus will be released anytime soon or in the future?, was thinking as he claims Galactica is almost done in the second post.

Refering to: http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:59

Thats Mox's Galactica you have linked there. He never finished or released it as it was going to be in a mod, however he had to stop due to work if I recall. The Cry of the Gods Team have her atm and she needs some texturing work done, unless Apollo has completed her. Mind you again she will only be released with the Cry of the Gods Mod when it gets done.
Wont be doing anything for about a week as works sending me on a course. I will be making Galactica a priority though when I get back.

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 15:42

hawkbs wrote:Thats Mox's Galactica you have linked there. He never finished or released it as it was going to be in a mod, however he had to stop due to work if I recall. The Cry of the Gods Team have her atm and she needs some texturing work done, unless Apollo has completed her. Mind you again she will only be released with the Cry of the Gods Mod when it gets done.
Wont be doing anything for about a week as works sending me on a course. I will be making Galactica a priority though when I get back.

aah, great to hear hawks, thanks

berkanus
x3tc

Post by berkanus » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 20:30

i love you mate, seriously.. thank you so frakking much :)

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:19

NP Berkanus I went to work on trying to figure out how to convert them the day I got TC.

boufas
x3tc

Post by boufas » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:21

well mine still dont work i just reinstalled the entire game and still nothing

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:38

That is what i am doing right now
a new install and new start.
will let you know how it works out

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 04:00

I only have Cheat Scripts and Commercial Agent and am patched upto 1.4
You do have Script Editor Enabled dont you?
Start a new game, enable Script Editor http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693
and then do a save.
Have a look in script editor and see if you see the scripts there. If not double check they are in the scripts directory. If they are do a reinit scripts wait till its finished then do a save game. They should be there.

Avenger 52
x3tc

Post by Avenger 52 » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 01:28

All ships have only ReadText... there are no names

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 09:22

Thank you very much.
Good to see you are still arround.
Used your high poly galactica in combination with XTM and it rocked especially with heavy missle guns:twisted:
So i am very much looking forward the the TC version of that ship.
Mayby you could make the battlestars a hybrid M2/1/M7M since they also have a large missle battery on top.

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 13:31

Avenger 52 wrote:All ships have only ReadText... there are no names
Are you loading it as a false patch or using any other mods or scripts? If you are loading it as a false patch and using another mod as well it could be causing issues. If you have Apricotslices mod running or any of his scripts then there are going to be conflicts as it calls the same numbered type file 8686_L044.xml which contains the ship descriptions.
Readtext errors are script errors so something is conflicting.
As I said I only have Cycrows Cheat Scripts and Commercial Agent installed in my Version of TC and Im patched upto ver 1.4
Hopr that helps

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 13:39

xeon_1 wrote:Thank you very much.
Good to see you are still arround.
Used your high poly galactica in combination with XTM and it rocked especially with heavy missle guns:twisted:
So i am very much looking forward the the TC version of that ship.
Mayby you could make the battlestars a hybrid M2/1/M7M since they also have a large missle battery on top.
Thx Xeon_1,
currently Im working on the Galactica, Pegasus and Valkyrie.
I think Ive sorted the turrets on Galactica but alas only one darn side of the turrets is firing as in X3. Cant work out why. The turrets were from XTM if I recall not sure. Bit of a headache that one.

As for the Basestars, touchy subject with those expletive things. Major problems due to the shape of em with docking but I have an idea which I'll test.
I recall both Mox and I were trying to help each other out with the Basestar as we both had issues with the thing.
Dont know a thing about the hybrids yet as I still havent even played the game properly. I just got it home and started converting ships lol. Most of my saved games I deleted except for the new game I started last night lol, again to test stuff. That one may have to wait till Cycrow gets Ship Creator compatible with TC.
I love Flak arrays and Phased Photon (Plasma?) Cannons on Galactica and Pegasus atm just looks awesome from a distance. I spawned two Basestars and 50 Cylon Raider MK2's on Pegasus last night she wiped em. What a fireworks show though.

berkanus
x3tc

Post by berkanus » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 14:30

You should try teladi gauss cannons on battlestars :D, they are the most fitting guns for them i guess, they have better damage per second and using ammo :) and also try arming anti-fighter turrets with both cluster flak artillery arrays and ion shard railguns, feals more realistic and makes great sight in my normal ships:). although i couldnt install your ships yet :D did everything you told, guess i have to wait for ship creator :)

boufas
x3tc

Post by boufas » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 14:32

mine have readtext a;so im at 1.4 and have only cycrows installer plugin working any chance of a more detailed install please from someone who has got it working maybe even screen shots step by step

TERRAN-CONFLICTOR

Post by TERRAN-CONFLICTOR » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 14:56

boufas wrote:mine have readtext a;so im at 1.4 and have only cycrows installer plugin working any chance of a more detailed install please from someone who has got it working maybe even screen shots step by step
This is how I did it...

1. Extract to c:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict\mods

2. Double click "X3 Terran Conflict" Icon on my desktop

3. click "select mod package"

4. select BSG ships ver 1.2

5. play game..

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 15:33

Extract the rar file to your desktop. On your desktop you will see a new folder called X3TC - BSG Ships ver1.2 by hawkbs
inside that folder you will see two more folders one called mods the other called scripts. Everything in the mods folder goes into your c:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict\mods folder
everything in the scripts directory goes into c:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict\scripts folder.
Start X3TC click select mod and choose BSG Ships ver1.2 by hawkbs. Load a game or start a new one. Enable Script Editor.
This is done by changing the pilots name to Thereshallbewings
It must be spelt exactly like that and you must be undocked when doing it.
There will be a slight pause in the game. When the game has unpaused click pilot - advanced - global commands - script editor.
On the top right of the new window click the backspace icon. You will now see scrolling green text as Script Editor is loading. Look and see if you can see anything with setup.bsg. and a number after it.
If you dont click reinit script cache. If they still arent there look in your scripts directory and see if the scripts are there and that they are not in c:\Program Files\Egosoft\X3 Terran Conflict\scripts\scripts.
If everything is there in script editor close script editor and go dock and save your game. Exit the game restart X3TC and load the saved game and everything should be loaded. Check the Argon Shipyards and all the ships apart from the Cylon ones should be there. The Cylon ones are on the Xenon Shipyards, so if you want a Raider mk2 you will have to script it in as argon or edit the script itself and change the race to argon using the script editor.
You can then change the pilots name to whatever you want as script editor is now running.

BTW this must be done for every new game you start.

boufas
x3tc

Post by boufas » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 17:14

ok thanks i will try this now the ship models and everything is in there i assume

TERRAN-CONFLICTOR

Post by TERRAN-CONFLICTOR » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 17:41

your assumptions are correct

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 19:36

are all ships now correcly dispayed?

boufas
x3tc

Post by boufas » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 20:55

yeah but somedetailing needs to be done to the defender ship and also the valkrie

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”