[Script] [Combat][Hotkeys] Bombardier v 1.977 [19-01-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 12:34

It appears to me that the commands in slots 1300-1361 are *reserved* for fleet commands but not *used* in the vanilla game.

I use WSE to swap my cockpit (main) guns, but I do not swap weapons in turrets. In most ships it is unnecessary. Typically heavy weapons go in the sides (or maybe only one side, if you always circle in the same direction). Defensive weapons (Flak) go in the rest.

Very few ships can sustain fire from all guns for more than a few seconds anyway.

But go ahead and try this script if you want to... it may very well work for you.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 17:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:It appears to me that the commands in slots 1300-1361 are *reserved* for fleet commands but not *used* in the vanilla game.
Thanks a lot for your rapid answer, DrBullwinkle! - You saved my nerves!

DrBullwinkle wrote:I use WSE to swap my cockpit (main) guns, but I do not swap weapons in turrets. In most ships it is unnecessary. Typically heavy weapons go in the sides (or maybe only one side, if you always circle in the same direction). Defensive weapons (Flak) go in the rest.

Very few ships can sustain fire from all guns for more than a few seconds anyway.
I use swaping guns in turrets for concentrated fire on primiry rarget -
For example: M7-Panther fires in other M7 with IBL from front+right turret, while other turrets swithes to short range flaks.
If i use automatic - it starts to fire earlier than needed and almost half of bullets goes to nowhere. ALso it can waste weapon power to fire other smaller targets. So i wait for the right distance and position and then switch to IBL.
Also with bigger ships I never know wich side will demand a big guns. And it is not easy to turn fast. Thats why I need at least three configs with big guns set to "my target ONLY" order with prior aiming (big guns are so slow) And continious traget tracking (special external script).
It is very hard to switch guns and orders apart using windowed-menus when you need to do a lot of maneuvres.

So with Bombardier I can make a burst from big guns exactly at the right moment with maximum eficiency and exactly at the right target.

Also I use a few more configs
- power saving mode with ammo-guns (it also helps not to waste too much ammo) MAM/EBC/GAUSS
- antifighter mode with flaks only.
- midle range weapon for medium/fast/multiply targets and/or medium distance - CIG/ISR
And one config for capture with missile only order.

different loads needs different turret orders sets - missile defence/attack my target/attack all/missile only. So I need saved and connected turret orders for each loadout.

AFAIK only bombardier can do all of this fast enough and using only hotkeys. Also it has audible confirmation - so I always know did I hit the right combination of hotkeys - "Group seven selected"

Only one small issue - all these hotkeys. Nine from the bombardier. But I use the same hotkeys for the same porposes on different ships. So I always know that key 7 is "missile-only" order on each of my ships but with the most suitable guns for this ship.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 22:31

For power management I use Turret On/Off Hotkey (Missiles Only version). Simple and effective.

Glad you found something that works for you. That is what it is all about. :)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 23:13

DrBullwinkle wrote:For power management I use Turret On/Off Hotkey. Simple and effective.
Yeah! But only after all enemy missiles, fighers, drones was killed, and I am going to board enemy capital, this key helps me gently to hold its shields at the required level tapping this key on/off with turrets swiсthed to flak weapons having "missile-defence+attack-enemies" order, because some enemy missiles or fighters could still happen to me.

And I find its weird to use turn on/off hotkey before the final act of this story.
So as I have written earlier - I trying to come closer to capital with all flaks on missile defence, when close enough - fast switch to big guns on appropriate side with attack-my-target-only order and other turrets to missile defence.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 23:16

I modify Turret On/Off hotkey to switch turret commands to "Missiles Only" rather than "Off".

That way, my ship is still defended but does not attack other ships.

For shield management, I can just tap the hotkey to toggle the guns for a few seconds, then switch them back to Missiles Only.

redagent

Post by redagent » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:43

Lucky you to be able to modify and be involved in the game like this!
I have only option to wandering throgh the dark woods of "X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding" with hope to find suitable and functioning stuff.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:55

If you are curious enough, and willing to spend the time to learn, then you can do it, too.

For now, here is my version: Turret On/Off Hotkey (Missiles Only version)

redagent

Post by redagent » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 13:01

DrBullwinkle wrote:If you are curious enough, and willing to spend the time to learn, then you can do it, too.[/url]
Yes. Suppose I can. But don't have enough time. And I did when I where at school age - more than 20 yrs ago. Now I have a lot of work in opposite side of IT-world and have some time to play games. I can spend some of this time for adjustment the game - like choosing and testing scripts to gather my own package. And I confess - I like to play more than coding :)
DrBullwinkle wrote: For now, here is my version: Turret On/Off Hotkey (Missiles Only version)

Thanks for that from me and the other player-only-no-coder gamers!
With WSE, Smart Turrets (or MARS) and this key it will be a complete package for battle. PArticulary for the tactic I've described in the previous post.

If the bombardier will make some troubles to me, due to its age and a lack of support - I will move to this package.

Actually I am already using Smart turrets on the most of my ships. And your version of Turret on/off is only thing that it needed for usage in battles. Especially for ships with main guns (non turrets).

With this key I will need Bombardier only on the capitals with lot of turrets and gun types. As well I was looking for more fresh and compatible scripts for switching loadouts.
As well I have tested WSE-v2.02_BwEdit_2013-06-17. But I need a hotkey for fast swapping guns and I am going to find older WSE-version with a hotkey.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 22:47

I updated Turret On/Off Hotkey with support for SMART Turrets and MARS.

Same link.

redagent

Post by redagent » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 23:02

DrBullwinkle wrote:I updated Turret On/Off Hotkey with support for SMART Turrets and MARS.
Thanks again, DrBullwinkle! You are very helpful person!

jacenhawk

Post by jacenhawk » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 18:20

Any chance of getting a working download link for this?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”