[MOD] X3TC Paranid Thanatos M6 - V1.4 Final

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 04:56

Updated to 1.2 with working engine effects. Had to bodge it a bit but it works!
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 20. Jan 09, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 06:02

Axeface -- You have gone a very good job with this project and following naval tradition ...... I salute you.

Thanks

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:18

Looks as pregnant as my girlfriend.

I like it!

Any way of using Cycrow's installer to put this one in, or do we have to do the fake patch route?

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:46

Axeface wrote:Yeh 1 rear/up turret

Sorry forgot to put a reply to this. Yeh prolly got another one coming soon (Ish) :twisted:

Glad to hear it mate, having trouble downloading it, mediafire isn't bringing up the download link for it, could you pop it onto FileFactory for me please? :roll:

tracedra

Post by tracedra » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:51

nice one, speed was always equal to fun for me.

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:54

Very nice work on the ship, looks very tempting :)

Hoping for a xsp or a spk file :wink:

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 17:31

Cheers all!

@spacefueladdict, Added a filefront mirror on the first post.
Looks as pregnant as my girlfriend.
I like it!
Any way of using Cycrow's installer to put this one in, or do we have to do the fake patch route?
Lol :wink: Yeh fake patch or use it as a mod. I could put the scripts in an spk, but I dont really see the need.

EDIT: Think theres a problem with the scene file. Anyone elses Thanatos only firing 2 lasers from the main battery?

UPDATE: 1.3 with fixed guns ;p Sorry if you got the bugged one.
Remember if you get the new versions, ships you already own will probably not recieve the changes. You will have to buy/spawn another I think.

Could someone please confirm that the current version works? The scripts (Message and adding to shipyards), the engine effects and the weapons?

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 21:22

Ooh shiny. Looking really good. I must agree, congrats on the Paranid design and flavour. Downloaded and gonna try it when I get a chance to play in the next few days.

Beetle
x3tc

Post by Beetle » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 23:42

Actually i think hes a eve online player. A thanatos is a eve online carrier.

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 00:19

Beetle wrote:Actually i think hes a eve online player. A thanatos is a eve online carrier.
I wished more EVEonline ships would be available for X3:TC.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 03:33

Nope i'm not an eve player, I hate it with a passion, sorry :wink:

novacatt
x4

Post by novacatt » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 07:35

Hiya Peeps,

@ Axeface...
Hiya Mate,
All I can say is I'm damn glad I haven't played TC for a coupla days, as I've just downloaded/updated your ship & haven't had a chance to test it out yet, so it's now going to working properly when I get a chance to fly it.... :wink:

Oh & yep, I'm the same guy who made all those suggestions about your current avatar over on TXU.......... :P

Cheers & Thranx

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 07:57

Hey novacatt :)

Thanks for dling it! Hope you like it and let me know if everything works. Also if you like how the ship handles, it might need some adjusting as far as stats are concerned.

About the race models, I've really gotta finish them :/ I load them up once in a while are stare at them with a blank expression for a few hours lol. To do what I want to do with them (race video replacements) I have to totally remake them really (for animation). I need some kind of word from ego as to whether they like em or not ;p
Other projects and RL stuff have taken all my time and they got pushed to one side :( This ship only took me a few days so this isn't the reason they arn't done!

Thanks again!

And on that note, I think i'll change it. I fancy being paranid now :twisted:

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 08:54

Testet your Ship and it works perfect, localisation in german forum is ready, an im going to upload id next days (to mutch rl work to do)

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 11:11

Axeface wrote:Cheers all!

@spacefueladdict, Added a filefront mirror on the first post.
Thanks mate, have got it now and gonna take her for a spin tonite, keep up the good work, lookin forward to your next masterpiece :D

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 13:41

A very good ship, and "very Paranid"!

A question: is it possible to have it for Reunion, too?

:)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 15:56

Cheers all! Thanks for translating Sir Squallus.
I'm chuffed that most find it looks very Paranid, that was one of my goals from the start. I only ever use mods that fit with the feel of a game really and like to make them so too.

@Bertone.
It's probably possible, but I certainly cba to do it sorry! Hehe, This ship is done bar some balancing so i'm going to get a move on with the next. Well after seeing the outside world for a day or two.

Had some time to play test the ship some more.
Autopilot technology lacks the intelligence to pilot this ship properly, and if left to it's own devices it will destroy the ship within a short timeframe!

On attack runs she just rams the target, docking is hair raising ( Albiet fun! ) and as for autopiloting through asteroids... be careful!

:twisted:
Save often hehe.

( shameless bump too ^^ )

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 16:33

The AI incompetence is likely due to too high speed to turning ratio. But I'm guessing you know this already.

Anyways, you might want to look into tuning speed down and turning up a notch :wink:

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 18:25

Is it possible for you to redesign the Terran Mobile Mining Base and the Tokyo.

I just hate the way those ships are asymmetrical, it looks so stupid. It would be better to have a carrier that actually looked good alongside the Osaka.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 02:30

I doubt i'll find the time really. I'm busy making the next one, soz!

Version 1.4 Final (Hopefully). Tweaked the performance of the ship (pretty much to what you said TTL) and now it performs MUCH better. Before it was an awful ship in combat.

New stats:-

Speed - 230m/s
Sheilds - 3x 200mj
Reactor - 2200
Acceleration - 7 m/s
Angular Accel. - 35
Hull - 50000
Laser Energy - 15500
Laser Recharge - 375

In combat its pretty nice, plus the AI doesn't ram its target EVERYTIME now :) It's not overpowered though, The Hyperion is still FAR better than this ship, this is just faster. Taking on a Q in this is hard work, in the Hyperion its easy-mode.

Enjoy.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a038cdg ... osV1_4_rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0wmz3ncz ... osV1.4.rar

QUESTION: Anyone know what 'volume' in the Tships does?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”