[Cheat Script] Asteroid Relocator v1.0 by Nividium 15/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Quilbo

Post by Quilbo » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 15:09

Does this work with the latest version of TC?

daedalus4828
x3

packing roids

Post by daedalus4828 » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 23:37

can you pack a roid with a mine on it?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 01:23

Does this work with the latest version of TC?
Yes..

I have the lastest patch and heavyily modded and it works.
can you pack a roid with a mine on it?
Nope..
It only works with roids..

a mine makes the object a factory. The looks of the factory simulates
a mining operation on a asteroid.
So really it a fab type object.

Do recommend the asteroid fusion script.. crunch asteroids into larger ones then transport to desired location and then place a mine on it..
(So go steal from other sectors.. The roids will reappear later)

UFJD sectors are great for making larger roids. But the packer will not work there, so use the Super tractor beam script and jump it to a location.
Cycrow advance jump drive scripts make energy free jumps and pinpoint locations.
But be prepared to replace your standard jumpdrive when doing the astroid jumping. It tends destroys it. But after a while you can blast that 1K Nividium roid into pieces and collect the stuff for trade/credits after you have fused it and transported it to a nice Unknown sector.

I use the packer in the X verse and the Super tractor in the UF sectors.
(Largest fused Nividium roid I made in a UF sector came out to 250 points.. it's rare and nice to make one that big..
but the packer for some reason doesn't work in those sectors. Doesn't work for me.. plus it save on replacing jumpdrives when Back in the standard X verse.)
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 20:45

Awesome script Nividium!

Too bad the link is dead for me. Opens a scrambled text. Tried "save target as", doesnt work either.

Is Nividium still around or if someone knows an active link?

I would love to try it for AP.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 06:57

LordGaara wrote:Too bad the link is dead for me. Opens a scrambled text. Tried "save target as", doesnt work either.
Link works fine for me when I use "save target as". Make sure you have an .spk extension on the file to be downloaded.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 08:03

Hi Nividium,

When I use "save target as" the file is in HTML format. What is exact file size? I am getting a 8 KB HTML file. Renaming it to .spk doesnt work. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Martin

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 10:36

The download works without problems for me with the latest Firefox and Opera versions. Just the IE seems to have a problem with that link.
When I use "save target as" the file is in HTML format.
Try that: Right click on the download link -> select "save target as" -> in the "save target as"-window under "Save as type" select "All Files" and change the file extension from "htm" to "spk" in the "File name"-field, press "save" afterwards.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 10:43

Thank you guys, I got it working.

It was partially my fault because the office pc I am on now didn't have the "show known extensions" option on and I hadn't noticed it. That's the reason this method didn't work in the first place.

Cheers,
Martin

obriets
x4

Post by obriets » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 06:09

Can anyone confirm if this works for AP? Apparently, from what I've been searching for hours now, the improved tractor beam scripts from TC don't work in AP. The vanilla tractor beam won't let you relocate promising asteroids outside of the sector they're in, and so this script seems to be my last hope. So, does it work in AP?

Darth_Wayner

Post by Darth_Wayner » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 04:23

I tried this today with AP...The .spk works just fine and the commands are available on the subject ship. The asteroid containerizes just fine but I had a little trouble getting it to unload. The original post said you have to be within 10km of the drop point and implied that you could accidentally drop the roid on your ship. This is not true. I found that the only way I could get the roid to drop was to drop it well away from other objects, so apparently a new safety feature has been added in. The spot I dropped was much further than 10km away. Other than the info in the original post possibly being outdated, the script works fine. You will need to rescan the roid when it's dropped, but the yield is the same.

Kyuki1337

Post by Kyuki1337 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 19:15

I keep having serious fits with this. I'm close enough to the asteroid (doesn't matter whether 1-10km) and it still won't load the asteroid. Really frustrating, it usually takes 10-15 tries moving my mammoth around the damn thing then it will eventually load it. Then when I unload it, it's the smallest looking thing in the sector. Then when I place a mine on it, poof, it becomes Apophis.
:evil:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”