[S] Khaak Invasions v1.1 22/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mckye
x3tc

just my odd brain.

Post by Mckye » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 07:42

I was just in one of my 'WAY outside the box' thinking sprees and read your thread. an interesting line on thinking that I thought I would share. it seems that the Khaak are a little suicidal at times, I was thinking 'Why jump into a sector that you know will be protected? unless you were looking to start a fight..' and then I thought, wouldnt it be cool to see the Khaak Carrier send a solitary scout to claim nearby abandon ships (I'm using the bail extension) and load them up into the carrier and then jump out. no explanation, as to why they would do this, but it would add some kind of odd motive to the attacks... or even better, capture ejected pilots also... anyways, just an interesting thought.[/u]

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:26

ok i have a question of compatiabilty.. this works with cmod3 and race patrols, but how would it work with rapid response fleets thrown in as well because race patrols doesnt seem to respond to other races attacking each other or me attacking them :s only to the occasional attack from xenon/pirates/khak...? and if someone wanted complet war... with conflicts thrown in with all of the above? :twisted:
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 12:32

Good question as to how all of the "race military" scripts work together. I don't have an answer, however, since I don't have experience with the other scripts, and I believe this goes to all the other scripters as well. The Khaak invasions are independent of any patrols, though. What I remember from Race Response Fleets in X3R, however, the invasions will likely be killed so fast by them it's irrelevant in any case.

Race Patrols _should_ attack anyone who is hostile _to them_. This includes the player. If you have problems you can bring it up in that thread, but I've given up on playing x3tc for now, so don't expect too much. I might be back if the combat system is improved such that bullet spreads are made moddable, otherwise I can't make this game into how I'd like to play it.

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 12:57

ahh cheers so im guessing cmod3 doesnt do it for you?
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 14:35

This is such a cool script, especially for someone that likes making money off of salvaged wares. :roll:

Had a Carrier, Destroyer, several Corvettes and about 20 or so fighters invade Herron's Nebula last night, so I jumped my Shrike to Argon Prime for a few quick Typhoon missiles when BAM, same sized group was razing Argon Prime...

... fun, fun stuff.

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:04

Nice if people like this, and still play with this :-)

This script never really was fully tweaked till the end. Since I'm not really supporting this anymore, in the off chance any other scripter wants to take and modify it, releasing updated or alternate versions (like, say, with Xenons), go ahead.

It's not that complicated a script, so I'd suppose if any serious scripter would muddle into the domain of this script, they'd build theirs from scratch. But in the case not, or someone wants to learn scripting by making small modifications they want, go ahead and run with this.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 23:47

I've got a fleet consisting of 1 carrier, 6 destroyers, and a few heavy fighters that will NOT leave me alone and I'm 1 hour into the game, I can run 4 sectors away and that fleet will come to that sector and go right to where I am hiding 150km away like they are specifically hunting ME. I disabled the script but the ships are already there in my game. I have race patrols turned on but while occasionally some ships show up to fight, they either then run away or get killed in short order. I've been waiting for a large argon fleet to come and wipe them out..... but its been a long time now.

Why is this fleet so intent on killing just me and what would the normal response time be for a large opposing fleet to show up and deal with this?

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 15:01

This is a problem with the standard AI routines that control who and how enemy ships attack. First, once they settle on a target, they will chase it unerringly. And second, they seem to prefer to pick on the playership. And because of interrupts, they will remember the old target (playership), after they have killed whoever disrupted them in between.

The enemy fleet probably change sectors chansing you before Race Patrols can respond. You should find a Patrol ship, and follow it while it runs. It is running to meet its reinforcement fleet, and that fleet will help you out. If it's really 6 destroyers, I recommend you seek out a race core sector, and let the Patrols deal with it.

You could also likely break the chase by jumping a fair distance (but 1 hour into the game might not be enough for a jumpdrive).

Thus : Invasions should be modified to not leave their target system.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 04:42

Apparently I am going to need to start learning how to script.
I love the idea of occasional invasions wreaking total havoc on the universe, but if the enemy ships are going to keep doing this it'll drive me crazy. Since I posted that I noticed that its not just the Khaak but also other enemy ships PREFER to go after my property which is what you are also saying...

I actually had capped a buster which turned out to have a jumpdrive early in the game (argon start so no jumpdrive for sale nearby that I know of yet, funny thing is it's probably in Terran space and I haven't even bothered going back in there since i started building my economy/supply industry up). Tried jumping away, thats how I figured out they found me, I jumped to a sector, flew 150km away and turned on seta while I was eating dinner. Had my ship pointed towards the sector and after a few minutes noticed the entire fleet coming right at me again.

ttl wrote:This is a problem with the standard AI routines that control who and how enemy ships attack. First, once they settle on a target, they will chase it unerringly. And second, they seem to prefer to pick on the playership. And because of interrupts, they will remember the old target (playership), after they have killed whoever disrupted them in between.

The enemy fleet probably change sectors chansing you before Race Patrols can respond. You should find a Patrol ship, and follow it while it runs. It is running to meet its reinforcement fleet, and that fleet will help you out. If it's really 6 destroyers, I recommend you seek out a race core sector, and let the Patrols deal with it.

You could also likely break the chase by jumping a fair distance (but 1 hour into the game might not be enough for a jumpdrive).

Thus : Invasions should be modified to not leave their target system.
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 15:53

this is exactly what i´m looking for, thx ttl !!

Raumkraut93
x3tc

Post by Raumkraut93 » Sun, 6. Sep 09, 19:55

is the player informed about an invasion or must he have something in the sector (like a (advanced) satellite)?

and is the reward applying to the fight rank like in normal missions?
"Dies ist alles, was ich über den Krieg weiss: Einer gewinnt, einer verliert
und nichts ist nachher so
wie es vorher war."

"Stellt eure Truppen auf, oh große Generäle,
Der Preis des Sieges übersteigt den Preis der Niederlage."

viperfan7
x4

Post by viperfan7 » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 23:42

well, sense geocities is down, someones going to have to reupload this

Morphisor

Post by Morphisor » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 09:51

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 02:23

This file is now officially hosted by Filefront with ttl's permission.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

SunFire
x3tc

Post by SunFire » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 15:16

This looks great, I want to use this but I dont like the idea of the extra cash rewards for clearing khaak invasions, I like to keep things hard core and don't like any extra cash or easy cash. Would it be possible to release a version with just the vanilla rewards if the player has the police liscence? Or in other words no additional cash rewards.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 17:50

Hi,

This sounds interesting. I might try it to replace the Improved Races Khaak as IMO its a bit too strong (even on easy an invasion often has 4 or 5 destroyers and a couple of carriers!).

Will this spawn clusters? This is something I really would like to see more of - memories of X2!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 15:21

Hi,

I've been using this now for a while. Is there any way to get the invasions to happen more often? At the moment it seems to be a long time between invasions.

Thanks

Paul

Arendee

Post by Arendee » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 22:03

They're constantly spawning in consecrated fire I've killed them all like 5 times but get no reward money. I wonder if its because a script got stuck during the shift from an X3TC update. Is there a way to restart the script, or kill it?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 23:56

I think you can switch it off and on from the AL settings menu. That might help clear any blockages.

For I only seem to get invasions once every few hours. I did have IR khaak active for a while but I found this to be too much. I really want something in between.

Arendee

Post by Arendee » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 19:45

What is "AL"?

edit: oh its artificial life. Got it, thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”