Another Preference question
If ships are damaged, should they:
1) Silently auto repair if < 80-percent (Eill probably consume loads of credits if you leave your empire unattended, but I guess ships jump so it shouldn't happen). May cause credit stall if your empire is going REALLY REALLY poorly....
2) Fly to the nearest repair dock and sit their (send a message occasionally reminding the player)
3) Just continue flying, and remind player occasionally
4) Read off a station/global default, and then <action>
I like option 1 because its simple, easy, and it gets the job done. (Or 3 because it requires no work at all
) But I don't really want *too* much quality to be sacrificed because I'm lazy
Another change, on the original plan
Will not charge to install SFM, simply because there are about 7 different ways you can add stations now
, and to be honest.. they each add stations differently, and with individual scripts. So I will be dropping the confirmation menu, on installing SFM. *click zap installed*
There will be micro billing thou! (billing per/transaction)
Ok stable build up.
Now you can add ships to stations (even if they aren't set up), from the ship it self. (Doing so will set it up)
(Did I mention its stable?)
Ok I think I've decided the cost of running this software.
From statistics gathered, a station operating at average, makes min 10-25~% profit per unit. (And we can assume that player stations never operating at below average... because they just don't...)
And the max per/unit proffit goes from like 60% + (200 on silicon, but thats because it has a huge variance).
So, I will probably charge, %5 of total + 10% of better then average.
Which is identical to saying 5% on < average, and 10% > average as (5+5)
A few more preference question
1) Broken Jumpers. What should be done with them? (Ships with jump turned on, but can't jump -no navisoft and/or no jumpdrive)
2) "Lost ships" (ships running the command, that had their homebases destroyed. What should happen with these? (I record them all at the moment, but the list isn't used at the moment)
3) Auto ship rename-er. I don't have one. Do I want one? (Find one from somewhere? make one?)
4) Damaged ships. Should they.... Continue work as usual. Goto repair docks if hull < 80%. Find a safe dock, stay there, buzz the player. or....
5) Ship specific options. (Namely just exclude wares, and set jump distance -for just this ship-). How/in what menu/etc should these options be changeable.
(Note, that if I put it in the main ship command, it will terminate the current ship command, so the ship will essentially "freeze". I could write a command re-starter.. but these things are very messy.. and I'd rather not...)
6) New Idea, variable commision rates. (Depending on current price, eg if at 100% premium charge 10%, if at 0% premium charge 5)