[SCR] Station Financial Manager Mk2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 23:27

Oh, OK, I didn't realize, since there's no date listed like many of the other script thread titles. :P

I can wait a day or two; take your time, but not too long. :D

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 23:58

Hrm.. that was wierd...

I didn't have to re-write nearly as much as I thought I would have to....
Any way, here is v10.

Its now much cleaner (script wise), and future updates wont use the auto patcher. But will just update silently and automatically in the background.
Any way, its posted and uploaded.

P.s The post date is listed at the top of every post, and the last edit date at the bottom

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 12:32

I can say you have big plans with this script so i am gona wait for your Financial station manager.Can wait :D
V10 works fine for me now,no more losses :D
Second issue:I notice that the Gazz MARS script use same X2script in script folder.The one from MARS is different the the one from Finance Records.
The both script work as they should.
So is there a possible conflict :?

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:21

One proposal:Universe stations report could also show total profit/loss for all station like in station summery report which shows total profit/loss for one stations.What do you think?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:33

Hrm... Whoops.. I thought I had included it already
give me a momment

The new financial manager, whilst flying by, is still taking a while, it probably wont get finished till tomorrow.

Ok new version uploaded it has the final figures on it too
(just ontop of the average)
Last edited by s9ilent on Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:48

reuploaded

No mucking about with anything, just copy them over, and reload your game.

elayeth

Post by elayeth » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:56

Like a month ago I asked for some statistics script. Nobody knew one back then. I am happy that there is something done around. Thanks!
Is it also possible to apply this kind of scripto onto UTs?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 16:02

Re: Ut's
Probably. Although, from the amount of effort it makes for the same effect, you may as well just change the UT's homebase to the station running the financial recording.

I don't particularly want to write ANOTHER overwatch script for UT's as they are already fairly computer intensive, and the more comprehensive option would require replacing stock scripts, which requires a mod (or the mod manager? -haven't tested with !xxxx.xml scripts)

So.. yeh, homebase, station. Awesomeness
I homebase all of mine, simply to hide them from in the properties window (With homebase display = no).

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 16:11

I reloaded it and everything looks all right :D

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 00:20

I don't suppose any one wants to help debug/test the station financial manager?

Req: You need to know how to use the script editor, probably the message log or incoming messages or stuff like that.
I stuck in waits, pretty much everywhere I could think of so... it shouldn't kill the computer (I hope)

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 10:08

I could but I have one exam from mat today and day after tomorrow another one from economic mat.I could try it tonight if I have free time.If I don't try tonight then for two or three days.I can not do better than that.
I know to open scipt editor,I know to make some simple scripts but I am in lower lige than you.Is that enough for this job?
Last edited by Idea on Sat, 17. Jan 09, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 10:10

Its ok :)

Conc. on your exams and GL.

I'm almost done with making a proto type. I finally moved all the text into the tfile.. (Huge pain.....) now all I have to do is cross my fingers, and hope the loop works

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 10:13

I will hold my my fingers cross for you and ME :D
Catch you later.Bay

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 16:54

*Laaaaaa-A Golden ray of light shines down with the sounds of angelic sirens*

I've managed to debug it enough, so it worked :O:):D
It did its first trade run! At an astounding 16 sectors away, it found the target and traded. (And it seems to be working properly, as initially 16 sectors was to far away until I bumped up the energy, and that was ok, so yeh, perfect!)
Spoiler
Show
*notes to others don't set up adv sat facts in omicron lyrae... majaglit... is far far away...*
Although its still a ways from being finished, its now at a fairly stable proto type (filed with message logs thou...)

And the generic search flags are working better then expected, they only return sensible results (eg. Known stations, non enemy stations, etc). And due to the fact that I've made this script jump drive orientated, I can just forget about "safe path finding" astar and that stuff.

Any way, theres a boatload of changes and i can't be bothered to upload my post atm. But considering its day 2 and its working (just) already, I'd hope it'd be fully functional with all the tid bits by tommorow

Idea
x3tc

Post by Idea » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 18:19

Man you are like a robot.From my point of view you gona relese two BIG SCRIPTS in 4 days.
So you said it work.It looks like that fingers cross worked :D
I must go on exem now :(
FINGERS CROSS
Wish me luck :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”