[SCR] Station Financial Manager Mk2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:00

Oh but wait, I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but you can start the command on ships, from the station now. (in the menu, add ship, select ship, etc, and all the add ship options do work) Remember that if a ship is set to jump, but is not jump capable, it will just return to the home base.
And the default, is the station default, who's default is the global default, whos default is yes, jump capable.
Every ship that I test is jump capable.
Global autojum set ON.
Global Autojump minimum range set on 40
Global Fuel resupply quantity jumps set on 10

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:01

Hrm.. Ill check right now on mine, hold on.. I thought I had just fixed that

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:05

:S I'm unable to reproduce your results :S

Could you add to the script
plugin.stat.fm.ship.findware

At the bottom, print the
$warelist
$prioritylist
$ret

to the logbook, and tell me what they say?
(Or to a logfile, that might be easier)
(It should list all options, and then show which one it chose)

Ok I managed to reproduce ships not jumping now (prolly not the same issue thou)
For some reason addship was defauling to off when it shouldn't have been.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:12

Oops I'm unable to reproduce your results Oops

Could you add to the script
plugin.stat.fm.ship.findware

At the bottom, print the
$warelist
$prioritylist
$ret

to the logbook, and tell me what they say?
(Or to a logfile, that might be easier)
(It should list all options, and then show which one it chose)
I will report when it done

Another problem:In the latest script version in menu of station fin manager above requeste summery reaport stand ReedText7741-63 when I enter on it it stand next 4 words:
ReedText7741-65
ReedText7741-67
ReedText7741-71
ReedText7741-72

I guess that are commands for selection which ship is gone start automated station fin manager.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:22

*eeek... forgot to include the new text file too

OK I found the jump problem!!!
Its in the echecker
I put $ware = energycell, below the first check :S thus it would auto fail

uploading
(Once again, note I've removed most log books prints)
And now you can also start the plugin.stat.fm.ship.loop from the command menu (but make sure it has a properly set up home base)

Uploaded... complete
link removed

grrr
*edit* hold on
the e stall script is still screwing things up...

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:29

Ok re uploaded, estall is no longer screwing up everything :S

(Now hopefully, the other "upgrades" wont break it)

Yayzor, Short of bugs (which now seem minimal on my build.. hopefully) I have 3things left on the todo list
1. report broken jumpships
2. retrive lost ships
3. set the ship command to show if homebase and homebase finsrecord =true
*sigh*... new ideas.. more things to do.. again

*sigh* bugs...MANY bugs....
I have no idea how i managed to make the same bug mistake like 4 times over....dest <> cur.dest!!!!
Ok... so now it actually flies and buys and sells.. so after 5 hours of upgrading, I've managed to break it, fix it, unbreak it and refix it
Last edited by s9ilent on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 00:22, edited 2 times in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:08

This is my last report for today.I must conc. on my exam for tomorrow
Something BIG is wrong.
I started fron begin.I create Power Plant M in Ringo Moon and Crystall Fab in The Wall.I also create two Super Boron F name them Tester 1(Crystall Fab),Tester 2(Power Plant M).I start finance records,set homebase,select ships from station manager in station MENU.
The ships do not move.I look on there INFO screen.
Dest: is swiching, one moment one factory,second moment some other
Cmd:Station Financial Manager Automate
Action: None :evil:
I have next list of scripts instaled:
Community Plugin Configuration
Cheat Collection Package
LV's FNL 1.3
LV's IL
Free Jump
Lazar.corp.crystal.free.ssp.v1.01
Low Pole Roids
Property Baron
Race Patrols
Universal best b/s
SSwamp Troper's Performance Upgrade
Utilize and Repair Debris
FDNv3
CModv3 beta 4.2
Auto Rename Player Property
Auction Service
Accelerators to Gates
MARS v4.25
Shield_Boost_TC_V1.02
Asset_Summary_1_02
SalvageClaimSoftware-V1.00
Last edited by Idea on Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:09

Yep sorry, the prob is my fault :S
Any way GL with your exams :)

I'm off as well... its working now.. (again *sigh*) ... but judging how every time I add something, I break about 3 other things (and I break more trying to find what is broken...)
This might take a while...
Last edited by s9ilent on Sun, 18. Jan 09, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:21

I will unistal all my scripts and try it ageen tomorrow.
I hope you get some rest.I said it ageen you are like robot.
I will name you TERMINATOR
:D :D
Really I will :D

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 22:34

Another Preference question

If ships are damaged, should they:

1) Silently auto repair if < 80-percent (Eill probably consume loads of credits if you leave your empire unattended, but I guess ships jump so it shouldn't happen). May cause credit stall if your empire is going REALLY REALLY poorly....

2) Fly to the nearest repair dock and sit their (send a message occasionally reminding the player)
3) Just continue flying, and remind player occasionally

4) Read off a station/global default, and then <action>

or??

I like option 1 because its simple, easy, and it gets the job done. (Or 3 because it requires no work at all :P) But I don't really want *too* much quality to be sacrificed because I'm lazy

Another change, on the original plan
Will not charge to install SFM, simply because there are about 7 different ways you can add stations now :S, and to be honest.. they each add stations differently, and with individual scripts. So I will be dropping the confirmation menu, on installing SFM. *click zap installed*

There will be micro billing thou! (billing per/transaction)

Ok stable build up.
Now you can add ships to stations (even if they aren't set up), from the ship it self. (Doing so will set it up)

(Did I mention its stable?)

Ok I think I've decided the cost of running this software.
From statistics gathered, a station operating at average, makes min 10-25~% profit per unit. (And we can assume that player stations never operating at below average... because they just don't...)
And the max per/unit proffit goes from like 60% + (200 on silicon, but thats because it has a huge variance).
So, I will probably charge, %5 of total + 10% of better then average.
Which is identical to saying 5% on < average, and 10% > average as (5+5)

A few more preference question
1) Broken Jumpers. What should be done with them? (Ships with jump turned on, but can't jump -no navisoft and/or no jumpdrive)

2) "Lost ships" (ships running the command, that had their homebases destroyed. What should happen with these? (I record them all at the moment, but the list isn't used at the moment)

3) Auto ship rename-er. I don't have one. Do I want one? (Find one from somewhere? make one?)

4) Damaged ships. Should they.... Continue work as usual. Goto repair docks if hull < 80%. Find a safe dock, stay there, buzz the player. or....

5) Ship specific options. (Namely just exclude wares, and set jump distance -for just this ship-). How/in what menu/etc should these options be changeable.
(Note, that if I put it in the main ship command, it will terminate the current ship command, so the ship will essentially "freeze". I could write a command re-starter.. but these things are very messy.. and I'd rather not...)

6) New Idea, variable commision rates. (Depending on current price, eg if at 100% premium charge 10%, if at 0% premium charge 5)
Last edited by s9ilent on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:37, edited 2 times in total.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 07:05

Bump

Changed to Beta test now
Needs beta testers
Info on the first post

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 11:25

I am back :)
If ships are damaged, should they:
Option 1 is the best.Keep things more simply.
Ok I think I've decided the cost of running this software.
From statistics gathered, a station operating at average, makes min 10-25~% profit per unit. (And we can assume that player stations never operating at below average... because they just don't...)
And the max per/unit proffit goes from like 60% + (200 on silicon, but thats because it has a huge variance).
So, I will probably charge, %5 of total + 10% of better then average.
Which is identical to saying 5% on < average, and 10% > average as (5+5)
That is acceptable ratio :)
1) Broken Jumpers. What should be done with them? (Ships with jump turned on, but can't jump -no navisoft and/or no jumpdrive)
Well sending the message to the player logbook that the ship is not
capable for jumping and that ship countinue his task on foot(travel sector by sector) until the ship is equipped with necessary equipment would be enough.
2) "Lost ships" (ships running the command, that had their homebases destroyed. What should happen with these? (I record them all at the moment, but the list isn't used at the moment)
Think that you should do nothing.It is not in player interes to let someone destroyed his station.I personally would not allow anything to
touch my station.I would fight to the end.And players allready watch where they put there stations :)
3) Auto ship rename-er. I don't have one. Do I want one? (Find one from somewhere? make one?)
No need for that.I would just rename my ship.Is not like I add dozen ships at the same time.One by one, depending form amount of money.
5) Ship specific options. (Namely just exclude wares, and set jump distance -for just this ship-). How/in what menu/etc should these options be changeable.
Well it could be in ships commands under custam or trade menu.Or if is to complicated just set global jump range, for wares option(Trade with illegally YES or NO).That all bay my opinion.
6) New Idea, variable commision rates. (Depending on current price, eg if at 100% premium charge 10%, if at 0% premium charge 5)
I like it.

Now I downloding the lastest version.I will report immediately if something go wrong.Cheers

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 11:43

On the verge of releasing a cool new version

Repair, done

1. Broken jumpers, I may as well send a message to the player
It'll send once, then turn off auto jump

2. Lost ships has been implemented under universal settings (and it works weee). Although the options are just recall one, or recall xxxx (select the ship from the list). I.e. Fly to this station

3. Thank god, I didn't really want to write one :S

5. Ship specific options are configured via the stations menu now under a new menu (not working atm... it wont list the ships..)

6. Variable commission rates. On the drawing board, not implemented atm. (It will be very easy) Thou I might make it fixed 5% below average, and variable at premium. (5% flat commission + incentives, although I would prefer the more economically efficient negative initial rate + higher premiums... no one would go for it :S. That and the AI doesn't really work off incentives...

*edit*
*grow*
I broke the add ships from the station menu...
You'll have to do it from the ship

*sigh* my computer just over heated and blew it self up...
No perm. damage thou.. seems good.. greenlight here yep. good go!

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:17

I have ..... problems :(
The station finance recorde will not disable when I press stop finance recording :evil: so I can not delete the script.
The ships are flying and buy goods but my Tester 2(Solar PowerPlant) target other power stations and by energy cells.
My Tester 1(Crystall Fab) buys only energy cells, fill energy stocks in the stations and stay docked on station.

I think that I gone start new game.Maby something is in conflict with others scrips.I will delete almost all of them.Then I will report back.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:26

That might be the old jump checker
(Right now it set to... if suppose to be jumper, but not, go home)
I will change it to set the ship to a non jumper on first failure

(And hopefully I will have finished this ship config business..... so many readtext errors :S)

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:37

Ok re uploaded

Hopefully... fingers crossed.. it should work 100% now...

I fixed all the bugs that I could find.

And the last feature not added, is the auto-re-namer, but that's a very low priority.. (I'll do a full debug, then I'll write one)

:O
And I just witnessed for the first time, two ships not docking at the same station :O!!!. (Its been coded in since the beginning, but I've never actually observed it... so I wasn't sure if it was working)

(Note the new "Configure ships" option, under the stations top selection bit)
Last edited by s9ilent on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 13:07, edited 4 times in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:38

downloading :D

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 12:47

Fixed some minor bugs

The main menu was still refering to the ORIGINAL station for some commands, rather then the selected station (if you changed stations via the menus them selves)

:S And find.ware has failed me.... now that I've started mass-ship testing. I'm seeing several ships going to the same docks :S. Error found in set objective. Retesting.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 13:07

Left out continues....
Make it exclude all wares all the time

Fixed it now thou, re upload complete

Still not working thou....

Wait no they can find wares.. by test script was just broken.. but now.. they wont move.. they all have their targets but they wont budge..
Wait they are moving... I wasn't looking *doh*
Yayzor! multi ship test is all good. They are docking at different stations, and they are trading!!!.

Now a few things to do.
1) Upgrades. If not jumper, use find nearest search (isntead of find best price).
2) Name changer if shipname is "Your " & shipname
3) enforce a max of 60 (stock max) on jump distance

(It has been re re uploaded as well, this build seems to work very well <3)
Last edited by s9ilent on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 13:17

Same thing again.
I start a new game.Only my ship,one Mercury Tanker(Tester 1),Solar Power Plant M in Argon Prime.When I enter station commands and select Station Financial Manager it enter the menu without asking do I won't to start recording.When I stop the recording it ask me am I sure.I say YES.I wait for 2 min, then I enter station command again, go to Station Financial Manager and again it do not ask me if I won't to start recording but enter the main menu immediately.
Tester 1 buys again Energy cells instead of crystalls.Is this hapening becouse of resupply fuel thing?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”