[ALP]Imperial Laboratories 1.4 19/3/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 07:56

Idea wrote:How exactly persuade SMT?I have more then 100 mil in deposit and I donate 10 mil.I don't have any command in IL menu :( I know that I instal script in right way.So what should I do?
Try finding and persuading a SMT using Imperial methods ;)

As far a retaking sectors, eventually i'll have a TC version of RRF which i'm in the process of writing which will have the same sector skirmishes the TR version had.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

jman25
x3tc

Post by jman25 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 04:18

I do not know how fast the IL are supposed to colonize sectors, but in my game it is happening at an alarming rate.

I paid in the 60Million to them and within 20-30 minutes they have already colonized Mealstrom, Antideluvian Ruins, Kuiper Belt, Lance's Dominion (Or something) and then two other Pirate sectors.
They build 6 -10 factories within seconds in a sector after the message is received that the race has agreed to their claim of the sector.

A few questions now:
Will they take over core sectors of the other races?
Will the other races then try to take them back? (I am not seeing any action from any races).
All the profits they make from their factories, do they use that to take over other sectors as well? (If this is the case, you cannot aid them since they will have the whole universe within a day or so.)

When I ask for the stockbrokers, they name the ship and tell me the sector. Do I have to go to that ship and comm him in order to access the stock market, since I found no such option at the bank?
What is the function of these 6-8 Investment ships that dock and undock from a sector's Trading Station?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 12:11

jman25 wrote:I do not know how fast the IL are supposed to colonize sectors, but in my game it is happening at an alarming rate.

I paid in the 60Million to them and within 20-30 minutes they have already colonized Mealstrom, Antideluvian Ruins, Kuiper Belt, Lance's Dominion (Or something) and then two other Pirate sectors.
They build 6 -10 factories within seconds in a sector after the message is received that the race has agreed to their claim of the sector.
it's is set at colonisation when the bank hits 20 million at the moment, with you giving 60 that's three there, the traders attached to the shipyard in IL and trade docks built when a sector is colonised generate cash for the bank, any destroyed ship that an IL ship kills also generates money for the bank

A few questions now:
Will they take over core sectors of the other races?
there a checks to see if a shipyard exists and also amount of combat craft in sector so less densely populated sectors should be targeted

Will the other races then try to take them back? (I am not seeing any action from any races).
not yet although the orig owner is stored in this build and off the plugin is turned off ownership should revert back
All the profits they make from their factories, do they use that to take over other sectors as well? (If this is the case, you cannot aid them since they will have the whole universe within a day or so.)
factories are not linked as they are empty on creation and as IL traders are independant the profits they achieve from filling the empty fabs go to the bank, also when i linked stations for TR AL Competitors this is where the code started getting seriously messy and the game slowed.

jman25 wrote: When I ask for the stockbrokers, they name the ship and tell me the sector. Do I have to go to that ship and comm him in order to access the stock market, since I found no such option at the bank?
What is the function of these 6-8 Investment ships that dock and undock from a sector's Trading Station?
They are SMT's, does "aquire the interface from a SMT via Imperial methods only make sense to me here :? )

I'd also recommend re-installing the plugin as a made a few slight tweaks and didn't bother to update links so you could be using a slightly older version as the 6-8 ships were docking at the same station over and over which is now fixed

(if you do have this issue those traders need to die ;))
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 11:36

I really like this mod. It's real creepy. Those silent bastards don't say anything and take over the universe. If you help them it is faster, if you don't it's still very fast. The other races are just talking about what to do, and offer no real opposition to them.

I ended up taking a desperate stand against them, (Jeei, me feel like Luke Crywalker) saved a couple of sectors from beeing taken over by them, and targetting their traders. That slowed them down quite a lot.

What I find a bit odd though, is that they don't kos me still, I mean.. I can't dock at their yards, so they obviously don't like me, but they don't kos me...

Sorta get the feeling the emperor has some dark sinister plans for me, trying to eventually convert me to the dark side :p

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 12:17

lastebil wrote:
Sorta get the feeling the emperor has some dark sinister plans for me, trying to eventually convert me to the dark side :p
;)

I was hoping to get the next build up today but i have to fit a shower for my sister :roll: :(

I'll look at the kill code because killing their ships should lose notoriety

I've also had to do some creative stuff as my TC RRF is pretty much good to go and any colonisation is a little bit harder when running both IL and RRF

So i added a new mission to help an Imperial scientist ;)

Also in next build will be frieght surrender commands and crystal upgrades for factories. As well as product research where you can give the new IL HQ Lab products that they will mix to create other products.
LV's TC Scripts

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 12:52

I do loose notority allright. I've currently fallen to the temptation of bribing them some to get a couple of plasma beam forges, paying them about 30 mill, witch sent them on a capture frenzy :lol:

I then bought the forges, and broke a few of their ships, thus loosing me some rep again, making me unable to buy as much stuff as I could before.

But... I've never been able to turn them KOS on me, making it an easy job to take out their ships one by one. Even the hangar ship ships don't attack me when the hangar ship turns red on me.

Is quite creepy, since I get the feeling the emperor sacrifices wave after wave of his own men, with some sinister plans in mind for me eventually :o

markmid
x2

Post by markmid » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 17:20

Can I ask what race slot your using for the Imperials?

I'm downloading the mod to play around with it myself :), thank you for all the hard work.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 21:05

updated to 1.3

fixes +

Freight Surrender Interface

Product Research

RRF Integration

see (and re-read) the first post for DL links and info
LV's TC Scripts

TerminatorSkyNET
x4

Post by TerminatorSkyNET » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 14:33

I like the idea of this mod, several questions regarding it tho.

- If the Trader(s) split off from the main 'collective' and claim thier own sector, do they join the original IL as allies or do they oppose them.
- Can there be a random race that opposes the IL faction. Eg. Can Argon declare war on the IL at the start, thus only allowing IL to taking over argon sectors by force. Natch' a random race, spit|argon|paranid|boron.
- Can you 'sponsor' or 'persuade' a Trader to break off and start a faction by itself. With you funding his effort.
- Are there messages delivered to the players message log notifing of IL Military action like taking over sectors, changing of sector ownership etc.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 18:22

TerminatorSkyNET wrote:
- If the Trader(s) split off from the main 'collective' and claim thier own sector, do they join the original IL as allies or do they oppose them.
At the moment not much once they get their own sector but iirc I have made then turn to the stock market, in time they may take on a more aggressive function but this will be in alliance with IL simply down to the fact they are the same race which means without alot of imperial creativity they wouldnt attack IL

- Can there be a random race that opposes the IL faction. Eg. Can Argon declare war on the IL at the start, thus only allowing IL to taking over
argon sectors by force.
As it stands IL choose a random 1 of the core races on initialisation and become friendly with them, the rest are targets ;)

- Can you 'sponsor' or 'persuade' a Trader to break off and start a faction by itself. With you funding his effort.
nope, not yet, it's possible but all i see is 1000's of lines of code, i may get round to it but then again i may not

- Are there messages delivered to the players message log notifing of IL Military action like taking over sectors, changing of sector ownership etc.
there are as of 1.3
LV's TC Scripts

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 23:39

Just again gotta express my admiration for your great work! I love "colleteral damage" type of mods :D

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 00:33

I noticed a few bugs :

I'm docked at the IL HQ :

I press 'Trade', I get the menu where I can research products. I give a remote guided warhead, I select Bio - > Argnu : i get a message "we need energy cells for that", so i give energy cells, I choose Bio, and then the menu is empty , no bio products appear :(
After a few tries, I got caught in an infinite loop.

Great script anyway, very original :D
Kinda reminds me Banshee from X2 ...
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 10:30

if you do not get any wares to chose from after offering it should be because the value of what your offering is not enough to research a product,

it the menu is empty you should get a close menu option but i'll check if it's working properly

i time i'll try to add an amount value to be entered so it can be more than one of each ware offered
LV's TC Scripts

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 10:48

Indeed, I get a "close" option in the menu even if it's empty.

And sometimes, I get a crash to desktop when I choose "Yes" at "Add more products"
the value of what your offering is not enough to research a product,
So, does this mean that the more enregy cells I give, the more options I will have?

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 05:07

How would I change this so that Sector take overs only occur after, say... 1 billion credits?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 10:23

Kakurate wrote:How would I change this so that Sector take overs only occur after, say... 1 billion credits?
plugin.imp.labs.inv.monitor

just change the two 2 million values to whatever turns you on

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 13:02

Woot, thanks a bunch... It was getting kinda strange with IL taking over sectors every hour or so... I would have figured a sector would cost hundreds of millions of credits... if not billions.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 17:58

So i disapear for a few months while i wait for tages to work on win7 so i can play again, and i still dont have my promotion to admiral!
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 08:28

Hi,

I took a Subspace Stuff (the thing that makes the IL ships invincible) from one of the IL ships.
Can I use it ? If so how ? (Ididn't find any commands or hotkeys...)

Is there a way to deactivate the Subspace on an enemy ship ?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 11:09

to use the ssc you must first enable the dma headquarters by picking the option of "enable subspace research" which is in the extreme menu if you have enough points from a dma

stopping the ai using it can only be done via 2 ways

1. edit the script code

2. Use proximity missiles/mines ;)
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”