[ALP]Imperial Laboratories 1.4 19/3/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 10:23

Kakurate wrote:How would I change this so that Sector take overs only occur after, say... 1 billion credits?
plugin.imp.labs.inv.monitor

just change the two 2 million values to whatever turns you on

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 13:02

Woot, thanks a bunch... It was getting kinda strange with IL taking over sectors every hour or so... I would have figured a sector would cost hundreds of millions of credits... if not billions.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 17:58

So i disapear for a few months while i wait for tages to work on win7 so i can play again, and i still dont have my promotion to admiral!
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 08:28

Hi,

I took a Subspace Stuff (the thing that makes the IL ships invincible) from one of the IL ships.
Can I use it ? If so how ? (Ididn't find any commands or hotkeys...)

Is there a way to deactivate the Subspace on an enemy ship ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 11:09

to use the ssc you must first enable the dma headquarters by picking the option of "enable subspace research" which is in the extreme menu if you have enough points from a dma

stopping the ai using it can only be done via 2 ways

1. edit the script code

2. Use proximity missiles/mines ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

cyrusx

Post by cyrusx » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 19:15

LV wrote:stopping the ai using it can only be done via 2 ways

1. edit the script code

2. Use proximity missiles/mines ;)
3. Use khaa'ks kyon lasers :)

cyrusx

Post by cyrusx » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 20:04

some critical bugs report. the line numbers specified for 1.3 version:

1. plugin.imp.labs.trade (lines 63, 69):
after $profit.margin check not satisfied, trader does not
clear imp.labs.block.st local variable of $seller. therefore
most of stations become blocked for IL traiders after some time.

2. plugin.imp.labs.rrf.setup (line 48):
creating the ship and ship's stationarity check uses
"-> get current speed" instead of
"-> get current max speed". result - game dead lock.

3. plugin.imp.labs.setup (line 82)
calling plugin.imp.labs.merc.sci.lab on $station instead of $lab
result - creating a large amount of Yokohamas in null sector after
initial Yokohama (with Shipyard as homebase) is dead.

4. there many calls of lib.lv.ter.rnd.ship without check throught
lib.lv.blocklist.wtcs (e.g. plugin.imp.labs.ffr.setup). result - spawning
"strange" ships: spaceflies, #deca, lasertowers, spacesuits, freight,
recon and message drones, ion, m/am, squash and tracker mines,
jump beacons, etc, etc... before discovering a bug with "get current
speed" in ffr.setup i think this one is been a cause of my game lockups

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 10:47

My lord it isn't often i sense force powers like yours around here :o

i'll get them fixed today, feel free to rip to pieces anything else i've written :)

edit all fixed hopefully :)

I also bound the blockwtc library's into the ship creation scripts and updated the Mk4 traders by adding a new command in the trade menu if you have the MK4 device

[ external image ]

see first post for download link for 1.4 and more info

to update the plugin from 1.3 you should be able to just install the new scripts but it would be better if you turn off the plugin and let 1.3 remove itself then turn it back on.
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 21:22

will this version work with TC 2.0?
At the moment I see aprox. every hour a sector going to the scientist.
Guess this should not happen.

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 06:01

In 2.0 I am seeing sectors go faster than that and not to mention an ungodly number of Mammoth's all over the sectors. One sector alone when I zoned in ( Jupiter ) had over 80+ IL Mammoths in it. Brought my PC to its knees. Tried to CTRL + Alt + Delet to get out but that didnt work so had to manually power off. :( :o
Needless to say after reboot, this mod was removed post haste...LOL. Unfortunately the uninstall for the mod did not uninstall the mod. So had reinstall the game after deleting ALL the content. :roll:

No offense meant LV, but just another good reason for me to stay away from mods installed with an .exe . :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 19:26

i've been away for a few days but have had a chance to test some things today

1. I've not got any mammoths appearing in my game but as it sounds totally plausible i've written a code into the script to deal with any mammoths from now on for the next build

2.exe.

I told the IL 1.4 exe to install to c:\temp which it did, then i told it to uninstall, which i did............................ 25 times without issue

please make sure this is not a pebcak error

Did you follow the uninstall info i posted about turning the plugin off for 1 hr first???? (it was in the first post)

3. does it work with 2.0

does for me but i will have 1.5 up for tomoz max friday so just wait..
LV's TC Scripts

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 20:46

I left it off for an hour, but for some reason it had no effect. This mod worked fine for me in X3 TC 1.4. The problem only came up with the Mammoths after the 2.0a patch. Several zones I inspected which had my Adv. Sat's in showed ungodly numbers of "IL Mammoths" in them, both defensive and novice trader model ones. Not just Jupiter either. After the uninstall and started a new game, I did the reveal all sectors cheat and good lord when I checked the zones IL was taking over again ( after the uninstall :( ), there were just tons of IL Mammoths in them. They were taking over zones at the rate of 1 every 10 to 15 minutes.
BTW, I was running this and the BSG mod at the same time. Possible unpredictable conflict?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 10:59

i doubt it's a conflict but it's possible, mammoths are created when a ship is built and the type is null, i'm checking through code just to see that 2.0 has not changed a pre defined ship type and as i said there a scanner in there now to nuke them, i've also added a user defined timer option to specify minimum invasion time 30m to 300m (as it works in rrf well)

if you still get mammoths when i upload the next version i would then need to look into it being a conflict issue with the bsg mod which if it was should be fixable once i know where the problem is created

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 20:21

LV wrote:i doubt it's a conflict but it's possible, mammoths are created when a ship is built and the type is null, i'm checking through code just to see that 2.0 has not changed a pre defined ship type and as i said there a scanner in there now to nuke them, i've also added a user defined timer option to specify minimum invasion time 30m to 300m (as it works in rrf well)

if you still get mammoths when i upload the next version i would then need to look into it being a conflict issue with the bsg mod which if it was should be fixable once i know where the problem is created
Thank you for the response LV :D .
I look forward to your update as I really liked your mod. I will let you know if it still has a problem in my game or not and if I discover it was something that I did wrong. Could be just me or just a one off anomally. :o

milp

Post by milp » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 14:37

Hm this is weird, when i dock at a green crystal condenser, i crash, but i can dock at the transparent condenser without problems. :/

Armand44
x3tc

Post by Armand44 » Sat, 9. May 09, 03:02

Thank you for this script I really like it :D

KHCreason
x3tc

Post by KHCreason » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 08:23

In my game, the IL took over the Oort cloud, and I have only been there once, about an hour ago. Its chock full of stations, but Betty doesn't say their name. She says... other stuff. And the shipyard there looks like it sells EVERYTHING... including mobile pirate bases. Is this normal?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 10:59

Just checking in to see if i got my promotion yet or not ;)

-Thrandisher

edit LV

your still breathing so no :)

pester me again in a week or so and i'll write you into something
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 08:10

will IL take key sectors to? like places with Shipyards?

and if yes, why dont the races try to stop them from geting a key sector from them? are they insane? they could do a HUGE battle to defend there own :D

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 00:28

I believe if you want them to do that it would be best to install RRF with this. At least from what I read in the RRF thread it can be used in conjunction with this mod

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”