[ALP]Imperial Laboratories 1.4 19/3/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 18:58

UPDATE:

We'll its now official, as of right now of me writing this post, ( IL ) has taken over 90% of the universe (including)
my own sector by force without me even knowing.
I was at the other end of the universe, when I came home to my HQ,
I found a IL sector defense M2 class ship in my sector with 9 ( IL ) factories already built.
Blowing up ships all over my sector that I own and the ships being blown up where not pirates or xenon or khaak.
They where other races like the Split, Boron, Paranid and Teladi.

I am still confused as to what this is doing and still trying to understand whats going on.

I went to a pirate sector too see what was going on,
well it is now owned by IL, so I went into a crystal factory station and when I purchased a black crystal.
My game froze.
I had to do hard shut down about 4 times.
Each time I buy something in any IL sectors, my game freezes
and I would have to manually hard shut off my computer.

Am I not going to have my own fleet without having to fight IL that
currently owns 90% of the universe with supertuned ships.?

At the same time my game has come to a crawling halt.
Its staggering all the time, and Betty when she speaks, she gets cut off a million times per second.
And every second I hear betty saying, military this military that
and Text pop-ups about sectors being handed over to IL.

I am about 3 seconds to un-installing this, as I think its ruining my universe.
I am still waiting for LV's response on my above post and this post.

I really thought this was going to be a really cool addon to my universe,
because it has banking and stock exchange and other thing I thought was going to make a cool universe.

I did not know IL was going to own every sector. :(

I want answers please.
thx
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 20:13

Robert Foster wrote: I am still waiting for LV's response on my above post and this post.

Should i give up my 11hr a day, day job to reply or not sleep? :)

This sounds as if you have a bad install, i have no idea of what you have done as this behaviour has not been reported before in the way you say.

It appears that the timer has not been set for invasions (did you set it?) as is therefore running constantly hence the major takeover and lag.

I don't know about your game freezes so would assume it's related.

Turn the plugin off or reload an earlier save (and install the plugin again) and if you try it again make sure you set a long invasion time when the plugin starts.

they should not run at < 30m anyway and the only thing i can think of is you somehow got passed that option by esc/del key.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 21:10

I read your first post to try to understand this and still don't and experienced what is happening to me now in my universe.
I still don't understand anything about that race (if it is a race).
What is suppose to do.
Are they the bad guys ?
Are they suppose to take any sector they wish.?
Am I suppose to be friend with them.?
I am so confused.

What is this all about ?
Are they invaders taking over the entire universe.?

Once they take every sector, who am I suppose to play with.?
what happens to the other races once they get taken over.?
Do the other races exist any more.?

Currently (ALL) Teladi sectors have been taken over by IL.
there is no more Teladi's, its all IL.
What happened to that race ?
Are they totally out of the universe all together.?
Do they exist any more.?
I don't see any more Teladi's at all.

All their stations are gone and replaced by IL stations.

Also, all the races taken over, their sector has been renamed to Imperial Laboratories.
Betty does not even say the name of the sector any more, because its now owned by IL.

I also found that there is no more Pirates.
They all have been eradicated (gone) no more existence of Pirates.
Same is now going for Xenon and Khaak..

And the other races doing minor fighting are being shot down by these IL things and their sector defense ships.

Basically my entire universe is converting into (only) IL.

So this is why I am confused :?
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 23:12

LV wrote:
Turn the plugin off or reload an earlier save (and install the plugin again) and if you try it again make sure you set a long invasion time when the plugin starts.
I did as you instructed by turning off the plugin and waited for 1 or so hours.
I then after an hour, uninstalled the plugin from Cycrow plugin manager.

And that completely corrupted ALL my game SAV files.
My X3TC crashes all the time telling me that the SAV files might be corrupted.
I tried all the sav files and all the sav don't work any more,
I tried over and over. :(

I had no choice but to reinstall the game all over :evil:
Because it did not want to start a new game either.......

I lost everything and have to (restart) my plot right from the very first beginning.
I also lost 27 million dollars
I am really upset :evil:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 13:54

Robert, LV said to install the plugin again. You don't say if you did that before you tried the game again. I don't know if both are using the mods folder as you can only select one such mod at a time. If so, one of them may have to be used as a false patch. Meanwhile, even without IL installed, your saves will show as corrupt if you do not have the T2 mod selected via the mods button on the game start-up screen.

Things to know about mods/scripts in general. Probably a trifle late now.

1. Always check that any new mod/script is compatible with (all of) the ones you have already installed. (ie is IL happy to be used with T2 and any other mods/scripts you had?) If two mods change the same game file then their changes have to be combined or deconflicted before being applied.

2. Always back up your game folder (where the X3TC.exe is) and your separate savegames folder before installing a new major mod in case it crashes the game and/or makes apparently corrupt saves.

3. Be aware that when you run mods or some scripts, it may cause apparent subsequent savegame corruption if you then uninstall or delete (one of) those mods/script.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 15:41

Looks like you been assimlated.

IL is really Borg Industries.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 18:54

Robert, I apologise if i'm wrong here but everything you state points towards an mod issue and not a script one, the only way you would get a save crash from a script is if the game was still using a script you had removed but my advice was to uninstall then re-install meaning the scripts would still be in your scripts folder.

This behaviour points to a missing mod more than a script especially as you state it has corrupted ALL of your save files.

All my work is script only, i've never made a single mod , investigate what mods you have installed
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 19:08

Well, its too late now, I had to uninstall the game itself and clear all folders
and delete all .sav files because no matter what I did they would not work.
I followed the instructions to the letter for uninstalling IL.

Its ok, whats done is done. ;) today is a new day.

I thought this mod was something else other than what just happened to me,
I though this mod was going to put a "Universal" (banking system), (stock exchange),
and (races currency information) and pilots would be able to invest in stocks and companies of each race and handled by the IL and I loved the idea of
the different (crystals) making your stations produce faster and other things that was cool to buy in
other stations.
And investing Credits in other races, again like stock exchange kind of thing.

I did not know this was going to take over the entire universe and eventually only leaving IL
as the only race in the universe.

Maybe I will give this a try in the future, when I am not running in the middle of a quest in the universe.

I can't stop thinking about it, I really thought
this mod was giving me stock exchange and finance and banking and things like that.
Something like what "Eve-Online" has.
again, I do like the crystals idea too.

Wish I had the opportunity to see what else was for sale in other factories.

If you would of taken out the invasion, this mod would of been really great for me.

Maybe just give them 20 new sectors of their own.
and have them handle currency, stocks, stock exchange and banking,
and of course the different crystals and other purchasable things that would of been great.
And of course leaving all the special products to buy.

Making things realistic in the financial aspect of the universe, and races would invest..
Pilots would be able to view live stock information and graphs and view
what stocks are selling and what stocks have dropped.

The stock exchange should be by "sector" as well as by "Universal".
As well as by race., all broken down in the stock exchange.
A pilot would know what sells most in that sector and does not, and what
is going on universally.
to know what is being purchased, what is being sold and what is being manufactured in that sector
and universally and by race, as well as what merchandise is being moved, sold, bartered and even stolen.
By sector and universally. and by race as a whole.

This would be for - Ships, Cargo, Merchandises, Products, Stations, Factories, Resources.
everything in the universe broken down completely in the stock exchange.

Even what races are investing and what races opened companies, and what races have allied with each other and investing in each other.
including the pilot.

Basically leaving everything and take out the invasion.

People want realism within the game.
What we can do in real life, we want it in the game.

Not being invaded within 30 minutes and only leaving one race for the entire universe.

But I learned my lesson.

Jonas Myst
x3tc

Post by Jonas Myst » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 07:23

Hey again LV,

I figured out what went wrong. Digsins links both have issues. One is a broken link (at least for me) and the other says to ignore (which I did not do last time since it was the only one working) and it does not work. I went to the Digsins actual mod site and the EMP files are there. Installed them and the Advanced Jumpdrive and other new items started showing up. Yay. Just thought I would put that here in case it pops up again for someone else.

Thanks!
Posted: Mon, 30. Nov 09, 23:07 Post subject:
Hey LV,

First off awesome work. Can't install an X3 without some LV scripts to go with it.

I installed this mod with a bunch of other scripts and 1 fake patch. I was getting a punch of ZA_EMP_BLANKWARE_CUSTOM items in the game (at first just in trade stations and equipment docks not in other stations) and then I went into Cloudbase Northwest and I found a station (which sold recon drones) that also had this "name".

I re-downloaded and applied the mod, overwriting all the files it needed. Now everything is great except for that recon drone factory...it is still called
IL ZA_EMP_BLANKWARE_CUSTOM_11 Facility

Any idea what happened? I am trying to avoid that long long trek called reinstalling.

Thanks again!
[/quote]

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 22:28

Hey LV, I know you haven't worked on this in a while but I just had a quick question.

Jump Beacons.

I found one for a sale in one of the IL Shipyards and seeing it was only 12k I figured WTH I'll buy one and see if I can use it to jump into Terran space.

I don't know if this issue is with the game mechanics or the IL script since it's not meant to be in the game but I can't do anything with the Jump Beacon, its stuck in the Shipyard (docked) and I can't move it, can't put it onto the ship can't make it undock since it has no commands nor does it show up when I'm docked under landed ships. It shows up in my property as a Satellite but has the stats (with shields) of a ship.

I don't know if it was glitched and I shouldn't have been able to buy it (as I've seen another glitched ship in the shipyard before) or if the game mechanics behind the jump beacons are just broken.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 09:52

I don't remember making a jump beacon but IL is a pretty big plugin, are you sure it's not another script adding these?

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 18:13

It was in the IL Shipyard in a sector they had taken over. It's the only place I had ever seen one for sale and after I bought one they changed their stocks. At the same time I bought the beacon there was also a ship in the shipyard that had no name it just had a blank space then "S" "M" "L" and I could buy them but they were around 2mil, it had stats on it but no description.

I don't have any ship mods or anything like that, nothing I know of adds jump beacons and most likely if they did it wouldn't just add them to IL Shipyards.

I have installed:
IL
RRF
Advanced Navigation
Advanced Jumpdrive
FCC
Universe Explorer
EST
CAG
CLS
Prospector
MARS Fire Control
Slipstream Drive
Upgrade Kits
Salvage Claim Software
NPC Bailouts + NPC Salvagers
and the script that comes with Xmap for updating the map to your universe.

I'm not aware of any of these adding Jump Beacons and if they did I don't think they would add them to an IL Shipyard since they would probably be at a normal races.

The crazy part is it's sitting docked at the shipyard but doesn't show up to sell it. I was tempted to use a script to destroy it and place it in my cargo and see if the game blows up (lol).

Ok here's something interesting. I just pulled up Xmap and found the Jump Beacon being sold at another IL shipyard, thing is its in a sector that has 3 IL Shipyards lol.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 18:24

Cycrow wrote:Advanced Jumpdrive

The menu includes lots of jump options, including:
  • Jump to Beacon (If you have any jump beacons, you can get a list to jump too, works with standard jumpdrive to Terran sectors

Now shall we discuss the payment due for my consultancy time here ;)
LV's TC Scripts

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 18:40

Hmm it just states you can jump to them if you have them.... Its a command, it doesn't say it adds them anywhere.

Ok I'm confused.

Can you buy jump beacons in vanilla?

If not, how would you get them to use with the Advanced Jumpdrive?

If Advanced Jumpdrive makes them available to sell, why are they only for sale in IL Shipyards?

Did Cycrow make it so they sell only at IL Shipyards? He usually uses Argon EQDs. Xmap allows you to search the entire universe for items/ships/wares/etc and THE only place to buy a Jump Beacon is in IL shipyards, this is what has me confused. There is no factory, and there is no other place that sells them.

The whole reason I asked you was because IL obviously sells stuff you shouldn't be able to buy (like the Aran) which could be bugged and since the Jump Beacon was at an IL shipyard, docked like a ship but marked as a satellite that they were bugged. I don't understand this though, if Cycrow's script adds them to the game, then how do they show up in your scripts list of stuff to sell?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 18:22

these are questions you need to be asking cycrow in the ADV JD thread ;)

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 20:44

Yes I know that but its your script's shipyards that are selling them, don't you have to add in the items yourself? As in you have to have a script that "add ware Jump Beacon" to the list of items the shipyard sells.

Basically his script adds them into the game but your script sells them. This is why I am confused.

I will post in his thread and see if he can explain to me how to use them.

EDIT:
Cycrow wrote:there is an option to jump to beacons, but the script never actually added any beacons itself

im not sure where u got urs from
So now we are back to square one LV, his script doesn't add them.

Also I checked and Jump Beacons are in the stock Tships file, under Argon so they come with the game by default.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 18:24

right i've taken a look and from the script here are the possibilities

1) one of the IL wares added via emp mod has been overwritten by the JB's and is therefore being installed instead

look through the scripts plugin.imp.labs.build.deploy & plugin.imp.labs.install

if there is a jump beacon listed then it has been overwritten. (doubtful this has happened as cycrow knows what he's doing ;))

2) the plugin scans all the wares of a type, it is irrelevant if i make them or not, if they are listed they may get installed unless they are blocked from my lib script

the easy way to fix this for yourself is to open lib.lv.blocklist.wtcs and add the jump beacon to that list, it will not remove the one you have but will not create another, kill the shipyard and it will respawn or it may possibly remove it next time it changes the available products at the shipyard.

to manually remove it you will need to use the following script

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/ma ... remove.xml

save this into your scripts directory and run it by finding it in the script editor and running it by pressing r

Code: Select all

* 1: product , Var/Ware , 'product'
    * 2: productisstation , Var/Station Type , 'productistation'
    * 3: productiship , Var/Ship Type , 'productiship'
    * 4: shipyard , Var/Station , 'shipayrd'

the script will ask you for the ware (i have no idea what class of object cycrow has made the JB as) if it's a ware scroll down the list and choose it, otherwise choose null as the value entered

if it's a station use the next variable of productisstation and define the station type (i seriously doubt the jb is a station)

if its classed as a ship then use productisship and choose the jb from the list

the last option is the shipyard, choose that and it will remove it

If you don't understand these instructions your going to be screwed as this is a helpful as i'm ever going to get :)
LV's TC Scripts

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 23:20

Imperial Laboratories now speak Italian :)

http://digilander.libero.it/x3_hum/ilita.rar
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 23:39

tremendo

[ external image ] translation
LV's TC Scripts

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 00:15

Wow lol you didn't have to go through all that trouble, I was just tryin to figure out how to use them since Cycrow's script has the ability to jump to beacons. I'm guessing they are just broken in general like the Yaki Mobile Pirate Base the IL shipyards also sell, had to change 1 flag in the tships file so it could carry stations even though it can carry ST class wares.

So basically as I understand it, your shipyards can pull from the entire list of ships in the game by (I'm guessing) random and then you have pretty much a blacklist of stuff not to sell, instead of adding each item to a list the shipyards pull from (hence the reason each shipyard carries different ships).

That would explain why they keep showing up in different shipyard across the universe. Pretty much adding it to the block list will eventually filter them all out I assume.

I will take a look and see if anything got overwritten, thanks for all the info. I like to pick things apart so sorry for all the questions lol.

BTW the beacon is classified as a ship, but shows up in the property list as a deployed satellite lol maybe I will try to figure out a way to make them usable.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”