[ALP]Imperial Laboratories 1.4 19/3/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fireexit
x3

Post by fireexit » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 20:28

Cheers for the script.

Bit of feedback :

Imperial Labs seem to gain a new sector very quickly in my game, roughly a sector every 2 - 3 in-game hours. Seem way too fast to me.
(This is without me trading with them or depositing any money)

Always when they fight, there is no resistance. Other races are too stupid to defend themselves.
( Am I missing something here? Is there a RRF script to make the other races defend themselves? )
It always seems to be an Armada of IL warships against a station and a couple of TSs.

With this script and Decent RRF for the other races, we would be seeing some lovely fireworks :)

Other than that, I think everything seems to be going well.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 12:30

LV will you give me a permission to use and to change your wonderful script especially the part of the script that is in relations with the banking job? :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 17:54

expand Idea....

Also the banking in your build isn't finished, in mine there is a stock market, I've no problem with peeps implementing my scripts into their work but IL is still WIP
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 18:25

Ok.I am in no hury.I will wait to see what else you will put in IL.
Now please say something more about stock market.I AM DYING TO KNOW MORE :D :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 18:36

this is how it currently (nearly) works

I have currently 10-11 different trade commodities gold,bronze,hull plating, foodstuffs etc and on starting x(not decided amount yet) IL Stockbrokers are created who just wander around the Uni in their ships. They will buy and sell the wares meaning the prices fluctuate.

You can have RSS updates popping up in your subtitle menu if you wish to see who has bought what.

You can then buy and sell yourself if you keep your eye on prices.

I've alot to do yet inc better menu to show things, price setting and alteration and getting large math sums not to return - values

I'm also waiting for my force powers to enlighten me how to add the Forum Name Library pilots to sell stock in their company's which means over 200 different trade options

I've also in my infinate stupidity started to re-write RRF which is taking priority atm ;)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 19:22

:o :o :o :o :o
After this post that you wrote about stock market
I REALISE MY COMPLETE INSIGNIFICANCE COMPARE TO YOU.
YOU have surpassed my expectations thus you have earn the name
----The Mighty LV----
May you Empire rule as ALL

EDIT:I can wait to see this script finished.I will be watching

:D :D :D :D :D

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 21:45

One proposal for banking in IL:
There should be two types of loans.
One you allready make-take a loan and if you do not return they send someone to collect.Biger interest rate for loan.Value of loan depend from relations with company.Value can go over 100% value of current player property.
Other type of loan have lower interet rate but if you do not return they take yours stations and ships(except playership) and sell it on the auction.What left from the auction they return to you after they take
their cut+ekstra interset from not paying on time.The approved loan can not be biger than 80% of current player property.

edit LV Idea please use the edit button instead of double posting :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 02:39

The stock idea sounds great.

I havent had time to do any x3tc for a week or so, so havent found or broken anything yet with this ;)

I will say tho, as someone stated somewhere, It almost seems to be fast when IL goes out to take over another sector. I can do a DMA and going through a full thing can take anywhere from 1 hour to a few hours. This again tho is on the first release you did with IL since i havent had time to do anything.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 19:27

updated to 1.2

Time for IL invasions now doubled

Stock Market Now available

Next Build Surrender and Drop Freight Commands

You need to re-read the first post!!!!!! :wink:
LV's TC Scripts

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 21:05

Looks great. Only problem i see is my stock value is low!

To bad i downgraded to the new beta OS and cant play untill a tages patch is released, oi!

Will the mk4 be somewhat compatable with EST from Lucike or only use the default egosoft traders?
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 21:16

O boy o boy o boy :D :D :D
Downloading NOW.
Thanks O Mighty LV for releasing stock market so fast :D :D

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 22:42

How exactly persuade SMT?I have more then 100 mil in deposit and I donate 10 mil.I don't have any command in IL menu :( I know that I instal script in right way.So what should I do?

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 00:25

will races be able to retake there sectors or will this mod take over the entire universe?

fireexit
x3

Post by fireexit » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 03:28

In my game the other races were unable to defend themselves, and also would never retake sectors, so it was a one-sided battle.

But then I installed that Conflicts Script, along with some Race Patrol script. And with those scripts, the races will fight back against Imperial Labs. The argon just took a sector from IL in my game :)

Akilae94
x4

Post by Akilae94 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 03:46

fireexit wrote:In my game the other races were unable to defend themselves, and also would never retake sectors, so it was a one-sided battle.

But then I installed that Conflicts Script, along with some Race Patrol script. And with those scripts, the races will fight back against Imperial Labs. The argon just took a sector from IL in my game :)
Good to know :)
I tried without Conflics and Races were just owned without any fight.
I will try with those two scripts to see hows going, waiting to finish my plots before, because with Conflics you have some plot's stations being owned and then you are stuck :/

Also.. since Patrol script is adding "finite race forces" thing, and, i think IL forces are unlimited... would be cool to make IL forces limited too.

Anyway, thanks LV, one of the best script in development atm :)

And sorry for my English :P

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 07:56

Idea wrote:How exactly persuade SMT?I have more then 100 mil in deposit and I donate 10 mil.I don't have any command in IL menu :( I know that I instal script in right way.So what should I do?
Try finding and persuading a SMT using Imperial methods ;)

As far a retaking sectors, eventually i'll have a TC version of RRF which i'm in the process of writing which will have the same sector skirmishes the TR version had.
LV's TC Scripts

jman25
x3tc

Post by jman25 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 04:18

I do not know how fast the IL are supposed to colonize sectors, but in my game it is happening at an alarming rate.

I paid in the 60Million to them and within 20-30 minutes they have already colonized Mealstrom, Antideluvian Ruins, Kuiper Belt, Lance's Dominion (Or something) and then two other Pirate sectors.
They build 6 -10 factories within seconds in a sector after the message is received that the race has agreed to their claim of the sector.

A few questions now:
Will they take over core sectors of the other races?
Will the other races then try to take them back? (I am not seeing any action from any races).
All the profits they make from their factories, do they use that to take over other sectors as well? (If this is the case, you cannot aid them since they will have the whole universe within a day or so.)

When I ask for the stockbrokers, they name the ship and tell me the sector. Do I have to go to that ship and comm him in order to access the stock market, since I found no such option at the bank?
What is the function of these 6-8 Investment ships that dock and undock from a sector's Trading Station?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 12:11

jman25 wrote:I do not know how fast the IL are supposed to colonize sectors, but in my game it is happening at an alarming rate.

I paid in the 60Million to them and within 20-30 minutes they have already colonized Mealstrom, Antideluvian Ruins, Kuiper Belt, Lance's Dominion (Or something) and then two other Pirate sectors.
They build 6 -10 factories within seconds in a sector after the message is received that the race has agreed to their claim of the sector.
it's is set at colonisation when the bank hits 20 million at the moment, with you giving 60 that's three there, the traders attached to the shipyard in IL and trade docks built when a sector is colonised generate cash for the bank, any destroyed ship that an IL ship kills also generates money for the bank

A few questions now:
Will they take over core sectors of the other races?
there a checks to see if a shipyard exists and also amount of combat craft in sector so less densely populated sectors should be targeted

Will the other races then try to take them back? (I am not seeing any action from any races).
not yet although the orig owner is stored in this build and off the plugin is turned off ownership should revert back
All the profits they make from their factories, do they use that to take over other sectors as well? (If this is the case, you cannot aid them since they will have the whole universe within a day or so.)
factories are not linked as they are empty on creation and as IL traders are independant the profits they achieve from filling the empty fabs go to the bank, also when i linked stations for TR AL Competitors this is where the code started getting seriously messy and the game slowed.

jman25 wrote: When I ask for the stockbrokers, they name the ship and tell me the sector. Do I have to go to that ship and comm him in order to access the stock market, since I found no such option at the bank?
What is the function of these 6-8 Investment ships that dock and undock from a sector's Trading Station?
They are SMT's, does "aquire the interface from a SMT via Imperial methods only make sense to me here :? )

I'd also recommend re-installing the plugin as a made a few slight tweaks and didn't bother to update links so you could be using a slightly older version as the 6-8 ships were docking at the same station over and over which is now fixed

(if you do have this issue those traders need to die ;))
LV's TC Scripts

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 11:36

I really like this mod. It's real creepy. Those silent bastards don't say anything and take over the universe. If you help them it is faster, if you don't it's still very fast. The other races are just talking about what to do, and offer no real opposition to them.

I ended up taking a desperate stand against them, (Jeei, me feel like Luke Crywalker) saved a couple of sectors from beeing taken over by them, and targetting their traders. That slowed them down quite a lot.

What I find a bit odd though, is that they don't kos me still, I mean.. I can't dock at their yards, so they obviously don't like me, but they don't kos me...

Sorta get the feeling the emperor has some dark sinister plans for me, trying to eventually convert me to the dark side :p

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 12:17

lastebil wrote:
Sorta get the feeling the emperor has some dark sinister plans for me, trying to eventually convert me to the dark side :p
;)

I was hoping to get the next build up today but i have to fit a shower for my sister :roll: :(

I'll look at the kill code because killing their ships should lose notoriety

I've also had to do some creative stuff as my TC RRF is pretty much good to go and any colonisation is a little bit harder when running both IL and RRF

So i added a new mission to help an Imperial scientist ;)

Also in next build will be frieght surrender commands and crystal upgrades for factories. As well as product research where you can give the new IL HQ Lab products that they will mix to create other products.
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”