[MOD] increased HUB storage space 0.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Forked
x4

[MOD] increased HUB storage space 0.1

Post by Forked » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 07:47

Greetings.

I was semi-annoyed that I could only store 8 PPCs at my hub, so using doubleshadows excellent tool I went searching for how to increase the storage space.
The place to do so is in the types\Global.txt. There might be other ways, but this was the way I found. :-)

Linked beneath are mods that can be applied as fake patches to double or quadruple the hubs storage space.

Download:
double storage v0.1
quadrople storage v0.1

How to apply

Either use the plugin manager or rename to the highest cat/dat in your X3TC folder. If your highest is currently 06.cat/dat then name the desired version to 07.cat and 07.dat.

(as for conflicts.. without having tested it, this will for sure override any other fake mod that plays around with types\Global.txt)

[ external image ]

edit: before trying to figure out how to increase it I went searching for something here that did the same, I came up empty. If this is a dupe I'll delete my stuff and link to the original :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 20:24

If someone does have an edited globals already and wants this, it's really simple, if I remember right, it's two values at the bottom of the file.

You can also drop the globals.txt into x3 terran conflict\types\

:)

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 20:38

yep.. one for EQ (didn't try that one) and one for the hub.. default value is 6 for the hub (0 for eq). In the two files I'm offering here the values are 12 and 24.

I didn't try just dropping the Globals.txt in types\ , will remember that one. :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:06

From my various meddlings, dropping *any* file in the main folder in it's corresponding subfolder (ie, objects, types, dds, etc) will work. The game engine looks for these contents first, then the mods folder, then the cats, as far as I've observed.

I'm tempted to just extract all the cats into folders and see if the game will run wihtout cats at all. Of course, the major drawback to that is a install directory that's about 4x bigger. :)

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:14

(a tad off topic, but) .. however it will all be uncompressed, that might speed up the game somewhat? or...? :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:16

(sorry for the slight tangent)

It *may* increase performance, I don't know. I may try it, just to test it though.

As for the hub mod, I really wish the hubs and player-owned traders/equip docks worked like the HQ, in that, they just have a big cargo bay and none of the 2-gun limit bollocks. :)

Oh well. The globals hack works for the EDs as well, I don't know if it applies to player traders or not though.

Melnosta

Post by Melnosta » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 09:29

Thanks a lot! I have increased space of my trading station by extracting and fixing globals.txt. :)
I was realy amazed that the default trading station can store only 401 units of Ore in comparison with any Ore Mine M-L sizes which have output cargo space 1661-4155 units.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 14:37

Well, that confirms my suspicions it works for traders/ED as well. :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 15:26

Hi,

Excellent work!

Expanding on this, as suggested, to include the likes of Trading Stations & EQ docks is a great idea. I was always rather disapointed that my 50 Million cr Equipment Dock did not give me free or heavily discounted tunings etc. considering the price & lack of storage. Being able to make it an uber warehouse definately compensates for this.

One question though, if we were to mod our Trading Stations & Equipment Docks to be able to store a lot more, how will this affect the economy in general? As I assume existing NPC stations will be altered also.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Melnosta

Post by Melnosta » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 18:03

The patch doesn't alter NPC stations at all. :roll:

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 18:04

Melnosta wrote:The patch doesn't alter NPC stations at all. :roll:
And this comes as a surprise to you? Please re-read the first post.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 18:27

The NPC stations' capacities are hardcoded and are based on the relval of the associtated wares within them.

Reunion's globals file didn't have the two lines for the HQ/docks as TC does, so this is a new feature (from a modding standpoint).

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 17:12

fud wrote:The NPC stations' capacities are hardcoded and are based on the relval of the associtated wares within them.

Reunion's globals file didn't have the two lines for the HQ/docks as TC does, so this is a new feature (from a modding standpoint).
Just wanted to ask... Does it also work this way for ships? Eg, increasing the storage capacity of an LT by dropping a file with the adjustment in a directory? Or is X3:TC following X3:R in this?

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 17:55

ship cargo is changed my modifying tships just like before

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 18:56

Hi Guys darkstar one here

Love this little mod :) :)

Has im totally Useless at modding :cry:

idea for next version if it will be made
Hub storage X4 plus this:

is there any chance that forked could work his magic on equipment docks
has it is really stupid that such a massive station can only hold 2 ppcs when a destroyer needs a lot more, I thought equipment docks were massive enough to equip fleets with guns and shield Not just a fighter or two, :? :?

reason for asking saetans enhanced equpment dock dont agree with apricots extended player Hq v3 as far as i know (combined them as false patches a while ago and got better docks but only Original hq space :?

Cheers Darkstar one :) :)

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 21:38

darkstar one wrote:idea for next version if it will be made
Hub storage X4 plus this:

is there any chance that forked could work his magic on equipment docks
I just packaged my first .cat/.dat for you:
http://rufus.o-town.de/files/ThomasAH-G ... 090816.zip

It contains:
Freight scanner: 4km -> 5km
Comm range: 25km -> 500km (from 500km Comm Range Mod)
Docking computer: 4km -> 5km
Equipment dock: normal Hub storage
Hub storage: normal Hub storage x4

This is the types/Globals.txt which I use for a while now, but until now I used the plain file, not .cat/.dat package. Please tell me if it works for you.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 22:00

Great Thanks for that, :) :) :) :)
i think others players will like too

thanks again great help

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 04:35

hey, some mods already mess with my Globals File (IE 100K Comn system)
How will this mod affect them?
i went to add this to my Globals file, only to find i dont have one at all!

Thanks

Corhen
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 06:35

corhen wrote: How will this mod affect them?
i went to add this to my Globals file, only to find i dont have one at all!
The "last" Globals file will override all previous ones. (the one in the highest numbered .cat/dat, but all of those are overridden by the extracted one)

To unpack your files use this tool. If you are unsure how it works read this :)

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 10:52

How can i install this without changing the cat/dat files as i dont want to mess with the other mods i got installed

Thanks
Scripts I use.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”