[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 02:01

Yeah, I kind of agree. Don't get me wrong, I love piracy; but the bar should be raised a tad bit higher to keep player challenged.

Possible Solution A:
create 2 custom wares: Hijacker Controller [ship upgrade purchased at pirate stations. Price: MCr. 15.] & Hijacker RoboDrone [instead of CompComp's. Cargo 2S. Price: Cr.385,000. (or something; or you could use an existing, but more expensive ware like a Q-tube or Microchip)]

With some sort of economic formula like this, whereby player must shell out 15mil, 25mil..etc. for controller, then risk another 400k per capp..he'll still make a tidy profit per M3, per M3+..and even per M6...and even per M7, if he capps it without using IonD's, and doesn't need to 'shoot' too many hijacker drones.

But cost of robodrone will determine if TS,TP, or smaller fighter is economical to capp, or not.

Possible Solution B:
Vary the success percentage of properly inserted hijackers by shipclass, to simulate effectiveness of target's ECM/anti-hacking defenses. TS could be high: 70%; while M3+ could be low: 25%; and M7 miniscule 7.5%.

Possible Solution C:
Offer 2-3 different models of Hijacker Controller, with cheapest one of lowest quality having 40% chance of failure; middle 25%; highest 10%. And make rep required to purchase each substantially higher.

Or mix and match solutions. Changing required ware from ComComp to Microchip would be a good move, imo.

Having said all that, time to d/l and go pirating!!!! :twisted:

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:15

blimy Nividium... were do you find the time? lol Super fan of your scripts.
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:07

Great script! It doesnt make things any easier mind you as you have to stop them attacking what you have juast captured and its hard to get hold of computer components in my game anyway

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 20:00

Two things I think this script needs to make it less of a 'cheat'...

1. You should lose the computer component that you teleport over. In my game the CC is still on board the cap so I only really ever need 1 or 2.

2. The equipment left on board should be equal to or less than what you would get through normal capping. As it is I'm capping ships left and right with pretty much all of their equipment, weapons, shields and software intact.

As has already been mentioned, I think it would be a good idea to make SOS a requirement in addition to the Transport Device so that you can't just start capping every ship you see the moment you get a single computer component. You also might consider switching to Microchips and requiring more of them per cap to make it a little more expensive.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 20:11

Just make it a special item that costs like 300k to make it less cheat like

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 22:05

Not to diminish Nividium's achievement with this amazing script, and the hard work of coding with the Mission Director, but the mechanics of this script are almost identical to LV's HAT boarding script for X3R.

The main differences being, player had to buy the HAT 'device' for a huge sum (35 mil? can't remember exactly), and had to keep tagets' shields below 10%, and keep beaming 'ma until it came under his control...which could take a really long time with big ships.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 07:58

Excellent! this will prove to be very usefull when starting out like I am with all those early kill missions in the storyline ^_^

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 05:25

I love the script however I think it makes life too easy to cap smaller ships like m6's (I just ended a patrol mission and capped 5 out of 10 or so m6s) which I can sell for 6-9mill each.

What about adding a chance of failure depending on your ship class vs target ship class (essentially your ship comp vs targets comp)? For ex an m6 would have a 50/50 chance of capping another m6 40% for m7 etc while an m1 or m2 would have 80% chance of capping an m6. After the first attempt you cannot attempt the takeover again on the same ship.

Or perhaps making a downfall to this such as while you are capping a number of ship turrets are shut off due to lack of "cpu"?

Or if you want to me especially evil, add in a chance for it to work in reverse (again dep on ship class vs ship class if possible) and have your ship hijacked and you ejected :D

zombini

the excluded classes

Post by zombini » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 21:33

Yo dude, cool script. However, I´m dying to hijack a Kha´ak destroyer. I have simply deleted the M2 error condition from the script but I´m still hearing "malfunction". What do I need to do? (scripter beginner) Thanx.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 01:36

The script isn't really designed for huge ships. Their shield regeneration rate is too fast and large chunks of regen amounts per cycle. You would need to increase the "buffer" amount of shield remaining in order to jack a huge ship. You need to find in the script the part that compares shield values, it is currently set to <= 500. You need to increase that to maybe 2000 or something for huge ships. Ie; in reality the shields wouldn't need to be 0 but because they regenerate so fast and in big chunks this 2000 or so increase would give you some time for the script to begin processing before the ship has a chance to regenerate to much. Hope that makes sense.

Here are the lines of code and there line numbers to help you find the values to change.

050 if $shields > 500
051 goto label error
052 end
054 if $shields <= 500
Last edited by Nividium on Sun, 8. Mar 09, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

CaptObvious
x4

Post by CaptObvious » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 03:57

Victim.

zombini

works!

Post by zombini » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 09:45

Cool, thanx for the advise. If someone else wants to hijack huge ships, try at least 4000 with the shield condition... I have a Kha´ak destroyer, hoorray!

businka

Post by businka » Fri, 1. May 09, 07:56

I have the latest version of the script, but I'm also geting "malfunction" warning.
I tried capturing an M6, but it got destroyed after I teleported a Computer Componenet to it.
Since then, it's "Malfunction" every time.

I reinstalled the script. I successfully captured TS. Then, reloaded and tried on enemy M3. "Malfunction" again

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 1. May 09, 21:43

Nividium's right: this script isn't meant for big ships. From a playbalance perspective, it seems really best to just use against shipclasses that can't be boarded; i.e., TP, TS, and fighters.

Geneoce
x3tc

Post by Geneoce » Wed, 6. May 09, 17:13

Love the script Nividium. It seemed a bit cheap at first but it dosnt feel as "cheaty" now that I changed it to microchips

Still, excellent for getting the stubborn LX's that dont seem to want to bail

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 7. May 09, 07:01

It beats me why the Devs didn't include TS's at least within the category of boardable ships...I used to love using LV's HAT v1.2 to prey upon Paranid superfreighters in 3R.

SinisterDeath
x4

Post by SinisterDeath » Thu, 7. May 09, 07:42

Is it possible to get this script to work with a station?
I ask because on a plot mission, an NPC will not enter my ship, and I believe the only way I can get it to work, is to have him bail from the station...

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Wed, 13. May 09, 15:35

can it be done without the plugin manager
??

GFHuber
x3tc

Post by GFHuber » Wed, 20. May 09, 23:31

First.

I bow to you Nividium i love having a second game for Piracy only your mods mean a lot of fun.

Second.

If you think the Mod is to easy or to much like a cheat... don't use it ;)

Third.

@SinisterDeath

Check for Livesupport... an read the Mission description again sometimes they demand an TP instead of a crumpy smely rusty cargohold with an half death Livesupport.

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Thu, 21. May 09, 00:57

Just for reference here's a summary of how I plan to modify this mod:

* Use microchips instead of computer components
* Reduce shield threshold from 500 to 4000 and enable capture of all ship types
* Consume microchips when transferred over
* Have a system where e.g. one microchip is needed for every 5m in ship value (so a fighter would need one and a M2 would need a few dozen)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”