[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Web Goblin
x4

Post by Web Goblin » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 19:33

Oh well I will just have to go back to blowing up Qs then :(

Ian

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:37

Can you make M8 capturable please ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:52

Ikaruga wrote:Can you make M8 capturable please ?
The latest version should make all classes capturable except M1 and M2.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 10:21

thanks man!
I like the idea of this script. I can understand having to use marines for boarding the bigger ships as they would have men (Or persons if you are Politically Correct....or Fish if you are Boron.) on board to protect the ship. Smaller craft are more prone to this type of jacking because of the transported computer chip which says (Who cares how nicely.) "Get out now or get spaced in 5, 4,3...".

Which come on, admit it, you would rig the count down to go off a second or two early. :twisted:

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 22:57

I just downloaded what it says is v1.1, but when I install it using the plugin manager it says it's v1.0.

:?

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 23:18

klaatu wrote:I just downloaded what it says is v1.1, but when I install it using the plugin manager it says it's v1.0.

:?
Yes, it is ok. You have the latest version. I just forgot to update a field withing the Plugin Manager packager program. I have since updated and uploaded the revision so others will not become confused too. Thanks for letting me know about this.

FVZ

Post by FVZ » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 14:48

Where set hotkey? Unable to find. I have X3TC 1.4. Only this script. I installed it via the current X3 Plugin Manager. But in [controls] [interface] can not find anything. How does it look like?
INTEL Core I7 2600 3,4GHz; 8 GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz; NVIDIA 580GTX 1536MB; MB ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z; 23,6" ASUS VG236 120Hz LCD + NVIDIA 3D VISION; Saitek X52 PRO

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 23:02

FVZ wrote:Where set hotkey? Unable to find. I have X3TC 1.4. Only this script. I installed it via the current X3 Plugin Manager. But in [controls] [interface] can not find anything. How does it look like?
You need to activate your ingame "Script Editor" by doing the following:

enter the menu to change your pilot's name
type Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) and press enter
the menu will close, your player name will NOT have been changed, and a confirmation beep will sound on correct activation
you will now find the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console. Press "OK" to activate it.
Save your game then reload your game.
The Hotkey should now show up. Tutorial

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 23:47

Nividium wrote:
-Villain- wrote:I go, i come back again. Whenever i try this, i get a little 'ping' and betty tells me 'malfunction'.
I have had women over the years point out my faults but none have ever done it in such a nice speaking voice.
I have used the [ as a hot key. The transporter device is onboard. Picked up 17 Computer Componants from the first place i saw. I targeted a pirate nova, the first thing i came across, tapped his shields down. Malfunction. Then MARS killed him...
Grrr....MARS off, on to the next one. Same again. M'ok, kill him find a third. I hit the hot key at 5 k's this time and just loop around for a minute, close in, tap shields....malfunction.
Help me. Is Betty another name to add to my 'why did i ever talk to them in the first place' list or is something else going on?
There are 2 instances where you would get a plain ping sound then a "malfunction" voice message:
1) The victoms ship shields were not down to <=500 points initially when you attempted to transport the computer component over to the victom (after that you can let the shields go back up again).
2) The victoms ship class was not a TP, TS, M6, M5, M4 or M3.

You said the victom was a Pirate Nova, so that would qualify as M3 and should be good. Unless, the pirate class M3 is different than a regular M3. If it is, there is nothing I can do about it as there is no pirate M3 on the list for me to choose from.

When shooting the victom's ship shields down, make sure there is no blue shield bars remaining on top of the hull (green) targeting icon. Make sure you are within 5km and the shields are down (at the same time) then press your hotkey to transfer the computer component over to the victom ship. Then a "target locked on" message will be given and you can let the victom's shields regenerate back up again.

Try to capture some other ships in the mean time ie: Argon TS etc to see that it does work.

EDIT: The cause of your problem has been identified as an error in my script. Please download the Updated version which resolves this issue.
Hi Nividium,

I continue to get the problem described by the previous poster even while using v1.1.

I get up on a Xenon Q and bust its shields down to zero plus a little more, then press the assigned hotkey. I get a bong (ping, whatever) and spoken "malfunction". I have about 15 Computer Components on board, along with the Transporter Device, and I'm definately within 5km the entire time. I try many times but it continues to happen. Finally, it seems once I get the hull down to 30% or so does the Computer Component get transferred and the hijacking process begins. During the entire time I'm trying to hijack and lightly pounding on the Q every now and again when I see a sliver of blue in its shields, the bong and "malfunction" continues.

I've captured several Qs this way, but it seems in all attempts so far the hijack process does not start until the hull is knocked down quite a ways.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 00:08

I'm not sure if the class is correct. Isn't a Xenon Q a M2 class? This script does not work on M1 or M2 class ships. If it is none of those than maybe the shields are too sensitive. I have them set at <=500 in order to actually beam over the Computer Component. Maybe the Q can regenerate it's shields faster than can be comfortably brought to 0 in time to beam the CC over. Also, it is not necessary to continue shooting after the CC has been beamed over, you can let the shields rise again after that. The script works best on smaller ships where their shield regeneration is not so fast I guess. Still, getting a Q with 20-30 hull damage is better than no Q at all I suppose. :cry:

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 00:20

Xenon Q's are M7 class.

Oh sure, I enjoy my Q's alright. I'm not complaining. Well, maybe a little. :D

FVZ

Post by FVZ » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 11:51

Thanks, it works. Found 3 Error. 1) When you try to fill the ship at the same time bring a computer component and the pilot jumped. After successfully mastering the computer (using a script) jumped from the ship empty again :-). 2) The mission considers Protect Station game scriptem still claimed the ship as the objectives and the mission must stay = no pay. 3) I started to fill the ship, but during the operation to destroy NPC. Operations still continue. Computer components are hovered in space and appeared astronaut.
P.S. Sorry, I dont speake English. I use google translator.
Last edited by FVZ on Wed, 28. Jan 09, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
INTEL Core I7 2600 3,4GHz; 8 GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz; NVIDIA 580GTX 1536MB; MB ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z; 23,6" ASUS VG236 120Hz LCD + NVIDIA 3D VISION; Saitek X52 PRO

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 13:28

Yoou can capture a Q with this script. It was the first thing i did when i installed this. It took some doing and i had to pound the thing within an inch of its life (4% hull to be precise.) before the Q would give it up but it does work.
And because i didn't use ion D's, i also got it's entire weapon load. Nice.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 21:10

FVZ wrote:Thanks, it works. Found 3 Error. 1) When you try to fill the ship at the same time bring a computer component and the pilot jumped. After successfully mastering the computer (using a script) jumped from the ship empty again :-). 2) The mission considers Protect Station game scriptem still claimed the ship as the objectives and the mission must stay = no pay. 3) I started to fill the ship, but during the operation to destroy NPC. Operations still continue. Computer components are hovered in space and appeared astronaut.
P.S. Sorry, I dont speake English. I use google translator.
Yes, I know. There are some bugs in the way it can perform. It's buggy and suffers from "malfunction" disease. :D

FVZ

Post by FVZ » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 22:23

According to me, spoiling the balance of the game. It is now too easy to claim the ship. Maybe it wanted to replace the standard computer component for a hijacker computer component available on pirate base or something. But it's just an idea, it's Your script. ;-)

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 02:01

Yeah, I kind of agree. Don't get me wrong, I love piracy; but the bar should be raised a tad bit higher to keep player challenged.

Possible Solution A:
create 2 custom wares: Hijacker Controller [ship upgrade purchased at pirate stations. Price: MCr. 15.] & Hijacker RoboDrone [instead of CompComp's. Cargo 2S. Price: Cr.385,000. (or something; or you could use an existing, but more expensive ware like a Q-tube or Microchip)]

With some sort of economic formula like this, whereby player must shell out 15mil, 25mil..etc. for controller, then risk another 400k per capp..he'll still make a tidy profit per M3, per M3+..and even per M6...and even per M7, if he capps it without using IonD's, and doesn't need to 'shoot' too many hijacker drones.

But cost of robodrone will determine if TS,TP, or smaller fighter is economical to capp, or not.

Possible Solution B:
Vary the success percentage of properly inserted hijackers by shipclass, to simulate effectiveness of target's ECM/anti-hacking defenses. TS could be high: 70%; while M3+ could be low: 25%; and M7 miniscule 7.5%.

Possible Solution C:
Offer 2-3 different models of Hijacker Controller, with cheapest one of lowest quality having 40% chance of failure; middle 25%; highest 10%. And make rep required to purchase each substantially higher.

Or mix and match solutions. Changing required ware from ComComp to Microchip would be a good move, imo.

Having said all that, time to d/l and go pirating!!!! :twisted:

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:15

blimy Nividium... were do you find the time? lol Super fan of your scripts.
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:07

Great script! It doesnt make things any easier mind you as you have to stop them attacking what you have juast captured and its hard to get hold of computer components in my game anyway

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 20:00

Two things I think this script needs to make it less of a 'cheat'...

1. You should lose the computer component that you teleport over. In my game the CC is still on board the cap so I only really ever need 1 or 2.

2. The equipment left on board should be equal to or less than what you would get through normal capping. As it is I'm capping ships left and right with pretty much all of their equipment, weapons, shields and software intact.

As has already been mentioned, I think it would be a good idea to make SOS a requirement in addition to the Transport Device so that you can't just start capping every ship you see the moment you get a single computer component. You also might consider switching to Microchips and requiring more of them per cap to make it a little more expensive.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 20:11

Just make it a special item that costs like 300k to make it less cheat like

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”