[MOD] Enhanced Equipment Docks (eEQ) [discontinued, forks available]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 12:21

so..if i understood correctly,this mod is broking the player Hq,in a way that doesen't allow the blueprints bought from missions to be saved?any more troubles this mod does to the game?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 19:32

The blueprint problem is a sort of outdated. In former times, where the eEQ docks where placed directly, there was the problem that bought blueprints got saved to the eEQ and not to the anymore PHQ. That problem was solved after an idea by Lucike, as there get dummies built, which get converted to neutral eEQ's and changed to player property after that.

So the new versions/new built eEQs shouldn't cause that problem anymore. But if you built an eEQ and don't have a PHQ yet, you are able to buy blueprints. If you buy them, they won't get saved and will be lost as blueprints get always saved to the last built (as player-owned) hq-class station.

Any known bugs/troubles (at least for the "stable" version, not for the "RC") are listed in the opening post.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 19:41

so even if i buy and buil one of your eED ,will the blueprints get saved on the PHQ when i will eventualy get it?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 20:19

unknown1 wrote:will the blueprints get saved on the PHQ when i will eventualy get it?
The bought ones, yes they will. Blueprints of ships, which got reverse-engineered, always got saved on the PHQ where they where docked before.

Glimpse:
Ok, just to make sure I understood you right: Your PHQ wasn't able to save the blueprints, so you used the eEQ-command console to rebuild the PHQ. After selecting that command, your PHQ got rebuilt, and also the FDN nodes? Or did they got destroyed? If rebuild, as which station they got rebuilt? Which SubTypes have the (affected) FDN nodes?

New Release Candidate:
Lucike rewrote all scripts for the eEQ mod, on first sight there are no problems anymore for updating the eEQ mod from 2.5-2.0 to the new RC.
Also homebase settings for ships won't get lost anymore.

enhanced Equipment Docks 2.7-2.2 (RC).

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 23:52

AHA!

This will be ideal for supporting my fleet.

My thanks
Captain.C

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 07:56

Hi Glimpse

Didn't hear anything about you again, so I'm not sure if you read the afterwards edited info about the new RC 2.2 ... since tonight (local time ;-)), it got further bugfixed, and also includes a new script to rebuild a PHQ. Of course, no blueprints can be saved if a rebuild is necessary, cause of technical limits.

But you may want to try Lucikes blueprint manager to archive blueprints in the future.

Saetan

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 09:10

Saetan wrote: Glimpse:
Ok, just to make sure I understood you right: Your PHQ wasn't able to save the blueprints, so you used the eEQ-command console to rebuild the PHQ. After selecting that command, your PHQ got rebuilt, and also the FDN nodes? Or did they got destroyed? If rebuild, as which station they got rebuilt? Which SubTypes have the (affected) FDN nodes?
Well when I put any structure uses the hq subtype,I will not be able to register any newly bought blueprints.Though it affects a little.However when I installed the scripts and loaded the savegame,all FDN nodes would be gone.Why? I have no idea.When I removed the scripts,nothing happened.I have even created another station using the model and an empty t file but this time model didn't show up.Though I have given up on that save after making the galaxy a mess.Now I have setup new ones.And will try again now.All of the FDN/SSDN/PM stations have subtype of regular PHQ.And they were built after the PHQ.

Oh and also Lucikes has something that saves blueprints so I can keep moving my PHQ?Awesome!I shall try again now after I'm done with editing TDocks.

Edit:

I've noticed something rather different.I though they were destroyed however they are not.They are being rebuilt as well.However not as FDN nodes.They are being rebuilt as Equipment docks.This is why I kept getting the strange no FDN node found from FDN script.They are being rebuilt as eEQ1 to be precise.

Also to be more informative,TDocks and TDocksWrecks files are merged to keep the things as out of box as possible.All ID numbers are same only indexes in hq.xml file are changed.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 13:43

Glimpse wrote:I've noticed something rather different.I though they were destroyed however they are not.They are being rebuilt as well.However not as FDN nodes.They are being rebuilt as Equipment docks.This is why I kept getting the strange no FDN node found from FDN script.They are being rebuilt as eEQ1 to be precise.
Thats seems to be clearly a SubType conflict. Please check, if you set all the SubTypes correct in your language file:
9400-L044.pck wrote:<!-- Index of the eEQ-SubTypes: DON'T change them, except you know what you are doing !! -->
<t id="20000">20005</t>
<t id="20001">75</t> <!-- OTAS Equipment Dock (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ1) -->
<t id="20002">76</t> <!-- OTAS Trading Station (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ2) -->
<t id="20003">77</t> <!-- OTAS Commercial Port (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ3) -->
<t id="20004">78</t> <!-- OTAS Capital Ship Supply Base (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ4) -->
<t id="20005">79</t> <!-- OTAS Freight Base (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ5) -->

<t id="20050">20055</t>
<t id="20051">80</t> <!-- Dummy for OTAS Equipment Dock (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ1_DUMMY) -->
<t id="20052">81</t> <!-- Dummy for OTAS Trading Station (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ2_DUMMY) -->
<t id="20053">82</t> <!-- Dummy for OTAS Commercial Port (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ3_DUMMY) -->
<t id="20054">83</t> <!-- Dummy for OTAS Capital Ship Supply Base (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ4_DUMMY) -->
<t id="20055">84</t> <!-- Dummy for OTAS Freight Base (SS_DOCK_A_eEQ5_DUMMY) -->

<t id="20100">20106</t>
<t id="20101">47</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Equipment Dock (since X³:TC 2.0) -->
<t id="20102">48</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Trading Station (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20103">49</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Commercial Port (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20104">50</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Capital Ship Supply Base (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20105">51</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Equipment Dock (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20106">52</t> <!-- Outdated: OTAS Freight Base (since X³:TC 2.7) -->

<t id="20150">20155</t>
<t id="20151">53</t> <!-- Outdated: Dummy for OTAS Equipment Dock (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20152">54</t> <!-- Outdated: Dummy for OTAS Trading Station (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20153">55</t> <!-- Outdated: Dummy for OTAS Commercial Port (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20154">56</t> <!-- Outdated: Dummy for OTAS Capital Ship Supply Base (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
<t id="20155">57</t> <!-- Outdated: Dummy for OTAS Freight Base (since X³:TC 2.7) -->
Especially keep an eye on 20001, 20051, 20101 and 20105. The set SubTypes have to fit your edited TDocks. If you didn't modify my language file, it seems as the FDN node has one of the preset eEQ-SubTypes (most likely the one of the Equipment Dock).

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 14:03

20101 and 20105 do conflict with the current TDocks I have.However I didn't thought they would be that important since they would be outdated for a reason. :P

And yes changing them to their TDocks ID's fixed the problem.Nodes are not being replaced anymore and all the new stations are showing up.Thanks for the support and invaluable fleet logistics docks!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 14:43

Glimpse wrote:20101 and 20105 do conflict with the current TDocks I have.However I didn't thought they would be that important since they would be outdated for a reason. :P

And yes changing them to their TDocks ID's fixed the problem.Nodes are not being replaced anymore and all the new stations are showing up.Thanks for the support and invaluable fleet logistics docks!
For the update they are one of the most important SubTypes, as they decide which docks get destroyed and rebuild again, to keep the Mod function. :-)

I'm happy being able to help you at last.
Saetan

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 15:11

After several days of testing and some dozens of downloads without further bug reports, here the official release of the latest RC:

enhanced Equipment Docks (2.7-2.2)

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Download
enhanced Equipment Docks (2.7-2.2)

Changelog
2.7-2.2:
  • Compatibility to X³:TC 2.7.
  • Rewrite and optimization of all scripts by Lucike.
  • Added 10 docking clamps to the OTAS Commercial Port.
  • Removed the Terraformer-Hub BugFix as it got integrated to X³:TC 2.7 vanilla.

Notice for all users of the latest RC:
The download is the same as the 2nd release of the 2.7-2.2 RC. If you already used that one, no new download is necessary.

Remove old eEQ- and Dummy-"corpses" from OTAS ShipYard:
If there remain outdated eEQ-docks in the OTAS ShipYard, you can use following script to remove them:
--> setup.plugin.remove.stock.pck (left click to view, right click - "save target as" for download)

Download and save it in your "./scripts" directory and load your savegame. After loading the game, you'll get an incoming message followed by a universe map. There select the OTAS ShipYard. Afterwards any stations of the type Dock will be removed from the selected ShipYard. Save your game for the changes being permanent. The recent dummies for the eEQ will be added again the next time you load your savegame by the setup script. Delete the script "setup.plugin.remove.stock.pck" after removing the docks, as else it will start anytime you load a game.

jazzmax
x3tc

Post by jazzmax » Sat, 3. Jul 10, 08:37

hi there,, there is a bug Im not able to remove wares from my OTAS station .. my trade ships still comming to this station and "standing" there.

iueras
x3ap

Post by iueras » Thu, 8. Jul 10, 03:21

Thanks for the great EQ and supply docks!

I have a couple of questions about this mod before I decide on a station to purchase. Is the bug where capital ships crash into the capital ship dock still happening? And if so, I'm not sure what exactly happens... will they crash if, say, a few capital ships try to dock in sector? Or can it be avoided by simply placing it out of the usual paths, so that only ships trying to dock there will approach the station?

Thanks for your help.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 8. Jul 10, 19:44

I never had that "bug" in my own game, it got reported by another player. As I was able to reproduce it in one case, I decided to list it.

That case happens, if a capital tries to pass a capital ship supply base in direct path. Then it may turn too late to avoid crashing into that thin arms of the capital docks. Thats also means, as far as I know, if you place the capital ship supply base not in the path of passing capitals, there shouldn't be problems with it.

If you're OoS there aren't any problems at all.

If read about a method, which may help to avoid that bug while placing a bigger body around this docking arms which has invisible textures. But at the moment I'm not really motivated to work on my mods in my freetime, so the test of that solution may need some time.

Best regards
Saetan

Aoshi_
x3tc

Capital Ship collision

Post by Aoshi_ » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 17:00

Just a quick bug -

Parking a Teladi M2 at the Capital Ship supply while in sector will destroy the ship..

Even undocking in sector will destroy the ship... I could post some screens of the ship partially inside the station but I think you get the point. :)

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 20:35

does this works with 2.7.1?
so to understand one thing.lets say i buy any of this eq docks and after that i complete the phq plot and build the phq.will blueprints bought get saved correctly in the phq?
reverse case.i first build the phq and after that build an enhanced eq dock will the blueprints get saved correctly in the phq or they get lost?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 21:02

Aoshi_ wrote:Parking a Teladi M2 at the Capital Ship supply while in sector will destroy the ship..
Hi Aoshi, thank you for your information. I'll check that and I'll fix it within the next version.

unknown1 wrote:does this works with 2.7.1?
Yes, it does. 2.7.1 didn't change anything on the TDocks.txt or hq.xml
unknown1 wrote:lets say i buy any of this eq docks and after that i complete the phq plot and build the phq.will blueprints bought get saved correctly in the phq?
(Bought) Blueprints get always saved to the last HQ, which was built as a player owned station. So yes, the blueprints will be saved to the PHQ.
unknown1 wrote:i first build the phq and after that build an enhanced eq dock will the blueprints get saved correctly in the phq or they get lost?
As already mentioned before, (bought) blueprints get always added to the last built HQ-class station, if it was built as "player owned". Since eEQ version 2.0 no HQ-class eEQ's get bought and built. Instead you buy and build EQ-class eEQ's ... the dummies.
After placing them, they get replaced by a friendly-but-non-player-owned HQ-class eEQ. Afterwards the ownership gets changed to player-owned. That way, the eEQ's won't get recognized for adding blueprints and therefore these blueprints still will be added to the PHQ.

Aoshi_
x3tc

Post by Aoshi_ » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 01:04

Saetan wrote:
Aoshi_ wrote:Parking a Teladi M2 at the Capital Ship supply while in sector will destroy the ship..
Hi Aoshi, thank you for your information. I'll check that and I'll fix it within the next version.
It seems to happen when the ship is docked at one of the points with "Antenna" hanging down - the antenna stick into the very end of the Phoenix.

Thanks Saetan, This is one of the top must have mods for X3 and your hard work is MUCH appreciated.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 10:01

Hi Saetan,

I'd like to use a modified version of you “plugin.eeq.replace.station” script used to overcome the blueprint issue. I always like to ask permission and give credit if I borrow an idea or script.

I intend to link the replacement script to the menus for the scripts that use modified PHQ's (initially the new builds of PM & FDN) so that when its is called it also check and replaces any new docks deployed.

Many thanks & gratefully yours

LA

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 14:51

Hello Logain Abler

It's ok for me of course, I'm glad being able to help others too. Honestly, the credits are for Lucike in first place. He had the idea and developed the scripts. I just use that work-around too. ;-)

Best regards
Saetan

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”