[Script] Property Baron v1.0 23/12/08 by Nividium

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 18:18

I love it. Introducing total chaos into this wonderful game. And what makes it truly spectacular is that you can do things like this, and it keeps chugging along.

Let us know how it turns out. I've thought about doing something similar with my billions, but, well, one day...

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 18:43

Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:37

Nividium wrote:Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D
not everyone might want to sell their property, is it possible to script it so that you might be refused? or maby even a way to "give them an offer they cant refuse?"

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 01:56

adecoy wrote:
Nividium wrote:Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D
not everyone might want to sell their property, is it possible to script it so that you might be refused? or maby even a way to "give them an offer they cant refuse?"
Ahh, i see my thoughts are still leaking. I was thinking about this last night and came here to post as such. Even if they haggled (Do i have to start on the Monty Python lines now?) it could be cool. Hey, maybe a combination of things.

Me: "I'll buy your Station for 3 mill, how about it?"

Them: "If you want my station so bad, my hard earned, family business, inheritance of my spawnlings station.....40 million should cover it."

A few commands later and now there is me flanked by a couple of Osaka's.

Me: "Like i was saying, 5 million should cover your moving costs."

Them: "Eep...."

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 22:10

Here's an update on what effects this kind of behavouir has on the X-verse. Just recently i did a sector search, looking for any SPP's GoG may have snuck back in. There were a couple ... so i did the same thing.

Then i happened to look closely at the rest of the stations. About 80% of the stations through-out the universe are depleted of e-cells. My SPP's are making money hand over fist, TS's come and go like cashed up miners around a brothel and my UT's (About 10 i think.) are going hard but still they all can't seem to meet demand.

This does not really effect me as i have self sustaining complexs that build weapons and shields for my fleet but if you are planning something along these lines and depend on normal trade to support you then maybe a rethink is in order.

Maybe more UT's, or even loads of ST's set to 1 or 2 jump trade route's. Or maybe just don't buy every flashy spp you come across.....nah!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 09:15

-Villain- wrote: ... i happened to look closely at the rest of the stations. About 80% of the stations through-out the universe are depleted of e-cells. My SPP's are making money hand over fist, TS's come and go like cashed up miners around a brothel and my UT's (About 10 i think.) are going hard but still they all can't seem to meet demand.

This does not really effect me as i have self sustaining complexs that build weapons and shields for my fleet but if you are planning something along these lines and depend on normal trade to support you then maybe a rethink is in order.

Maybe more UT's, or even loads of ST's set to 1 or 2 jump trade route's. Or maybe just don't buy every flashy spp you come across.....nah!
Do you have surplus at your SPP ie: unsold Ecells? What would happen if you lowered the selling price to 1 credit below "average" price? This might stimulate NPC ships to buy more frequently from your SPP/s while maintaining or even increasing your overall total profits even more, plus the 80% stations that are depleated of Ecells might start to begin production again.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 22:27

most are set to 15 or 16 credits. as there are LOTS of SPP's, i just couldn't be buggered going around and changing them all to a lower price...if only there was a script to set all prices from one pages....hint hint...

But i see what ya mean. Like i said, its not really a hassle because i am not reliant on the A.I's stations for goods and i'm still making about 300,000 credits a min anyway.

This is still one of my favourite scripts, just next time i start again, i won't be so greedy.

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 06:37

what about the station missions? Cause each time you come into a sector theres different missions and if you buy all the stations will the missions stay?

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 09:30

sounds great....

i agree, noteriety should play a role...

and there should also be other factors...

a factory that is making a large profit should be more expensive then one that is loosing money

the further it is from the closest shipyard, the more expensive it should be (5% increase in cost per solar system?)

Ect.

Beastro
x3tc

Post by Beastro » Tue, 25. May 10, 02:29

Hi, Newbie here.

I just installed this on a fresh game and can't for the life of me find where the property baron button is.

I've looked all over my UI, is it a hotkey perhaps?

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Tue, 25. May 10, 05:15

There's a menu button on the lower left-hand of your screen (the button that pulls up the load/save game menu). Troll around in that menu and find the place where you can assign keys to commands (there will be several tabs across the top to access various command menus).

One of those command menus, down at the very bottom, generally has a place where script hotkeys are assigned. Try there.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Stacy

Post by Stacy » Tue, 25. May 10, 09:09

I want to buy all solar power plants in the universe and then i will generate BILLIONS of credits since nobody will have any choice but to come to my factories 24/7 since everybody needs energy =)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Stacy

Post by Stacy » Tue, 25. May 10, 09:12

You should always be able to buy something.... In reality everybody has their *price*. offer high enough and somebody will do it.... People will murder their own brother if the price is right.

So you should increase price of stations depending on many factors maybe even have RIVAL bidders? so a split station becomes Argon ? =)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Beastro
x3tc

Post by Beastro » Tue, 25. May 10, 09:26

There's a menu button on the lower left-hand of your screen (the button that pulls up the load/save game menu). Troll around in that menu and find the place where you can assign keys to commands (there will be several tabs across the top to access various command menus).

One of those command menus, down at the very bottom, generally has a place where script hotkeys are assigned. Try there.
Checked all my hotkey settings, I don't see a Property Baron binding and have exhausted all others making sure they're not it.

I'm using several mods, mainly cycrows, but I cant see how they could conflict.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 25. May 10, 18:09

It's in your player menu, upper left, where Navigation, Combat, Special, General, etc is.
Autopilot, Command Console, General and there's Property Baron.

Beastro
x3tc

Post by Beastro » Wed, 26. May 10, 09:22

Found it, thanks for the help!

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 00:03

amurph0 wrote:How about the option to sell your station to the race that owns the sector?? and in the case of unknown/kha'ak/xenon sectors it would go to the owner of the closest friendly sector.

I also agree with Dgn Master, i think notoriety should have a roll in it.

Also the stations should be bought (and sold) at above average price, how much a station is worth should be dictated by the amount of money it makes.

With the ability to sell your stations along with prices based on it's profit, you could make a business out of buying/selling stations.

Also if it's possible to build stations OOS you could have a bunch of TL's actually doing something.

A mercenary/pirate script could make NPC stations compete and try to destroy each other, keeping numbers down.

What do ye people think???
Agreed.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

unknown1000u2
x3tc

Property Baron

Post by unknown1000u2 » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 03:51

Interesting little side effect of this mod, don't know if it was intended or not. I bought both a cahuna factory and a solar power plant. I have never supplied a single resource to either one, but somebody is! They remain supplied even though I ignore them. Is it possible when you buy them you buy all the supporting transport ships to keep them supplied? I'm not complaining, mind you, but I really wasn't expecting someone to keep them supplied.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 04:36

@ Unknown1000u2

No, the purchase of a station does not include any transport ships with the deal. However, any computer controlled race ships that were dealing with the station might continue to do so if the prices were not changed. They would still have the destination on their list as a trading stop. There also is no special programming code in the script to auto fill the stations either. So, as long as there is money in the station's account, they will continue to buy at the price set for buying resources from ai ships etc.

black2906

I cannot download it, would you send it to me ?

Post by black2906 » Sat, 25. Dec 10, 12:52

Cannot visit the Web site.

{Extra posts removed. - Terre}
Last edited by black2906 on Sat, 25. Dec 10, 15:56, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”