[MOD][05.08.2009] Hangarmod/External-Docking [v. 1.8 BETA]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 13. May 10, 12:27

TSM wrote:Does this work ok with X3:TC 2.6?
I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

You could try using Ship Rebalance Mod: Continued instead.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. May 10, 13:30

ThomasAH wrote:
TSM wrote:Does this work ok with X3:TC 2.6?
I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

You could try using Ship Rebalance Mod: Continued instead.
Aha thank you kind sir :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 14. May 10, 12:59

I took a look at the patchnote of TC 2.6 (I'm still playing 2.1 because of the changes made to boarding with 2.5) but couldn't find anything mentioned which would involve changes to the Tships or the Scenefiles. So yes, this mod SHOULD work with TC 2.6.

Of course I can not promise it for sure, but it's worth giving a try ;).

CoffeeMan

cain'blood

Post by cain'blood » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 02:44

Just gave this a try. I got 2 'read text' messages on startup but besides that it doesn't seem to be working. Ideas anyone?
I'm playing 2.7.1

keo
xr

Post by keo » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 11:12

i play with 2.7.1 and this mod work well
i only rename tfiles for my language, no read text error now ..
and ships work .... u have to do 2 things ..or u buy a new 1 or u clone or made via cheat script ...after that all dockin slot work ok

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 17:01

Anyone know if this is compatible with 3.0?

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 04:10

Ok, it isnt compatible with 3.0 (Tships has changed) but for anyone who wants this mod, you can either update the 3.0 tships or delete all but the scene files from this cat/dat, leaving the external docking but not increasing the overall docking to compensate.

For those who are interested, ive customised this mod for myself - ive deleted everything except the scene files for the TL's, and ive edited the MMBS scene file to have 4 external docking slots instead of 2.

What this effectively does is allow every TL except the MMBS to dock 2 TS/TP ships, with the MMBS docking 4, but because i have not edited the Tships, doing so uses up a regular docking slot - ie, you can either dock 5 fighters to the MMBS or 4 TS/TP and 1 fighter.

Some people dont like that, and they edit Tships to increase the overall docking capacity, but I did it to avert the Tships edit and maintain compatibility, and im fine with it (small price to pay).

Because ive ONLY included the scene files for the TL's (only about 5 or six bod files total) this version is now very compatible - it will work with 3.0 and most likely future updates, since it only edits a minimum of files.

I should warn that external docking seems to have quirks - if you undock a docked ship manually (change to the ship) you wont be able to move until you spin the ship around, and when youve done so you wont be able to slow down - this is because of interference of the autopilot.

There is an easy solution - each time you undock, select the TL you undocked from as your target (youll be right under it) and activate then deactivate the autopilot (look for a button in the game's controls that activates/deactivates autopilot if youre unsure) - this will clear up the autopilot and let you fly unhindered

Enjoy!

Link 1 http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3g3357 ... od181E.zip
Link 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?hht5jmtdqa3dpuj

EDIT - the archive also has a bod file - ignore it, thats just what i changed. Simply copy the cat and dat files to the X3TC/mods folder and activate as a mod through the launcher, or use the fake patch method.

If anyone is having trouble getting this going, just ask or PM. However, i take no credit for this as its simply a simple custom version of the hangarmod, not my own invention

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 14:22

This won't interfere with PSCO1 cockpit mod will it?
Rawr.

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 23:48

uh, irR4tiOn4L, even though I do appreciate your efforts...you could at least have written me a PN or Email :D. I would have told you that deleting the props.txt from the mods cat/dat wouldn't be wise... and that all changes to the Tships that needs to be done is adding some docking slots, about 10 minutes of work for all ships. Still, appreciate that you worked out how to keep an adaption of my mod running for the community.

I will release a new version of this mod in about 2-3 weeks, containing M8 hangars at M1-class ships; restriction to M4/M5 docking to M7M and M6 (M6M can still dock M3). No more extra ships though, lusca, thanatos und normandy will be discontinued.

Still have to fix some bugs as I had to start again from scratch and replace most of the fighter docks by hand. And it's not compatible to MARS yet. If anyone would like to help me find bugs, please write me a PM.

Regards,
CoffeeMan

calvinmetalface
xr

Post by calvinmetalface » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 19:50

hey coffee man love the mod i consider it essential i joined the forum to share a discovery while using ur mod one i think many would like to know about.
so basicly i was using ur mod and was happy to be able to dock my centaur on my diemos i had modified with x3 editor 2 it now has 500 docking slots and an assortment of over done edits.
so just over the christmas i thought i wanna be able to dock more than one centaur so i scripted a heavy centaur prototype and loaded it with max shielding and max cig's and in the cheat menu i also ran install all equipment i also installed the advanced jumpdrive the accelerater and ftl extencion and also the advanced navagation software. then i cloned it 49 times and put them in the red wing gave them a home base of my diemos then the order to dock at wing base and they all jumped around and ended up in my diemos all docked inside none externaly i thought to myself its too good to be true their gonna blow up undocking but to my surprise they all undocked safely one at a time appearing in the slot u made and taking off its a bit slower than when m3,4,5, undock but im happy to have a wing of m6 backing me up.
one small bug is when using an m6 not in a wing but changeing ship going to a station lets say to buy a police licence and then docking back at your diemos the m6 will be externally docked a quick order to dock at the diemos gets it back inside and means all your other m6's can undock.
i hope someone finds this post usefull or i have wasted some of my x3 time :roll:

Exon1911
x4

Post by Exon1911 » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 18:41

I've been using this mod in TC and It was a life saviour!!

Do you think you could make it for AP as well?? I would very much appreciate that!

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 21:46

It looks like this is one of 3 mods;

and it appears that the one by fud is no longer supported, Alkeena's is now part of SRM and perhaps as a result there's no response lately on the 'Bomber and Shuttle Docking' thread. Given the last few updates I'd say it wouldn't be wise to try this on TC 3.2 because of tships

So what is everyone using for the external docking?

@CoffeeMan if you need help testing, i'm game.

Exon1911
x4

Post by Exon1911 » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 15:14

Can ANYONE PLEASE make this mod compactible with Albion Prelude? :cry:

yaq

Post by yaq » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 10:55

Might have a look at this one, its german, but just grap the first dwnld. The hangarmod_APv2.0-1.1 one.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282761
Designing the first Autopilot, someone mixed up the "commit genocide" and the "Fly from A to B" command. A faulty bugfix changed it all to heliocide. Thus the Xenon where born. Newer versions changed it to "randomly ram into something". Terrans had to intervene.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”