[MOD][05.08.2009] Hangarmod/External-Docking [v. 1.8 BETA]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 20:27

Please, please, please, look into the fighter docking for M6's. It might even make the normal corvette have a role with the introduction of the millitary veriants, the millitary ones have stronger fire power, but the normal veriations can carry a fighter to provide cover/assist with exploration. They would become the perfect exploration craft.....especially since my personal RP rules (I know they don't apply to others, but I do think it is more intresting) mean i don't use jump drives on anything smaller than an M6, which makes more realistic fleet combat (i.e. fighters need some sort of capital ship tender to transport them into combat, and the fighters provide assistance/cover for the capital ship). Anyway, here's hoping for it.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 20:32

and easy and simple way to limit jumdrives to m6 or bigger ships is to change it's ware size to XL in the editor. That way fighters can't even buy jumdrives.

And then maybe some of the larger fighters like M3+ can have a built-in jumdrives, to make them more useful.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 02:43

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long, but I was and still am really busy (family, studystuff and so on...).
The version 1.5 should work properly, as usual u might have to replace preexisting ships which were newly added to the mod (M6-Class and M6M Class ;)).

Have fun!

Edit: Oh, I forgot: Happy new year to every one :)

Edit II:

I don't know about the lights. The M6s and MM6s have lots of red and green lights on their surface, but you just get to see them when you are in range of sight... I think this range is determined by the sector you are in, not by the brightness of objects within a sector. So adding some more lights wouldn't really change anything.

And thx @Esc.Control =).

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 13:37

Again sorry for making you waiting so long. The mod is now also available for the shipscenes from X3TC 1.4, for those who disliked the new camerapositions from Gazz TurretFix.

As I don't have time to play the game I need you to find and submit the buggs. If there's anything not working correctly or looking funny, plz tell me so I can fix it.

rdf0022
x3tc

Post by rdf0022 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:05

I have a LOT of mods/scripts installed and I noticed that i cant get my
Hyperion Vanguard to dock with my Woden. there is no option for me to dock with it.

any idea what the issue is?

i even started a new game and spawned in the woden and the HV and there was still no option to dock with the woden.

also how do I know this mod will work with other scripts/mods I have? here is a list of the ones that I am currently using

if any of these mods/scripts will not work with this mod please let me know which ones so I can remove them

Code: Select all

a1.yaki.eq.dock.wt.v101.7z
Angelwing.xsp
Apricot_Mapping_Service_Mod_X3TC_v1.zip
ATF_Agent_1.0_by_Seathal.rar
ATF_Shipyard_v.3.spk
auto-aim.zip
aXeL White Star 1.1.spk
aXeL_WhiteStar_1.28.rar
Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip
Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3206.zip
Bulk_beam_upgrade.spk
CheatCollectionPackage-V1.41-07.11.2008.spk
CommunityPluginConfiguration-V1.10-28.10.2008.spk
comp_cleaner-tc.zip
Compare_Ships.spk
ConflictsV0.84.rar
Conflicts-V0.84.spk
CopyFileListClipboard.zip
E.M-W.I.v01a.zip
emp.1.4.unpacked.zip
external-docking.rar
Factory_Complex_Constructor_4.01_PLUS.zip
Fleet Supply_V1_32.zip
follow_me.zip
friendly.pirates.rar
hacked_HQ.rar
Handelsvertretung_X3TC_V3201.zip
Hangarmod15eng.zip
Hangarmod-P15.zip
identify.wav
ImprovedBoarding-V1.10-28.10.2008.spk
Invasionwarnings-V1.1-28.11.2008.spk
Izverg.cat
Izverg.dat
JumperbrCarrierCommands101.spk
landing-booster.zip
lazcorp_crystal_free_spp_v1_02.spk
lazcorp-military-scanner-v_1_01.spk
Loadouts.zip
mars-tc.zip
medusa.tc.1.2.spk
Military_Outpost_at_Shipy1.spk
Mobile_Ship_Repairs_v1.7.spk
NPCBailingAddon-V1.6.3-05.12.2008.spk
numeric_ranks_tc.zip
OTAS_Shipyard_v.2.spk
OWPConstruction v-100.spk
password.wav
Prospektor_X3TC_V3103.zip
ryans tat.jpg
SatelliteEarlyWarningNetwork-V1.20-31.10.2008.spk
SCS3.04TC.spk
super_tractor_tc.zip
tc.bountyboost.1.1.spk
tc.bountyboost.1.1.zip
tc.imp.labs.1.1.spk
tc.imp.labs.1.1.zip
tc.jdk.1.5.spk
tc.jdk.1.5.zip
tc.medusa.1.2.unpacked.zip
tc.medusa.1.2.zip
TheMarauderShipyard-v0.4-21.12.2008.spk
TheTravelingMechanic-v0.2-03.12.2008.spk
turret_fix.zip
types.rar
UniversalBestBuysSells_221.spk
Warenlogistiksoftware_X3TC_V3105.zip
WhiteStar.jpg
Winghotkeys-V1.10-28.10.2008.spk
Wirtschaftshaendler_X3TC_V3101.zip
WoB-ITS-v1.30-11-12-08.spk
WoB-RemComSoft-v0.94.2.spk
X3-Handbook-v3-bookmarked.zip
x3screen00001.JPG
X3TC-Apricot_Mapping_Service_Mod_v1.zip
X3TC-Apricot-Beamdock-v1.spk
X3TC-Apricot-Cbeam-v1.spk
X3TC-Apricot-Claim-v1.spk
X3TC-Apricot-Extended-PHQ-Patch.zip
X3TC-Apricot-Medium-Hub-Plot.zip
X3TC-Apricot-Merge-Mod-v1.0.zip
X3TC-Apricot-STUT-most-ships-v1.spk
X3TC-Apricot-Very-Easy-HUB-Plot.zip
X3TC-Cycrow-CommunityPluginConfiguration-V1.10-28.10.2008.spk
X3TC-Logain Abler-Freight-Distribution-Network-FDNv3.zip
X3TC-WeaponSwitcher-X3TC-1.0.zip
XenoTec_Shipyard_V.1.spk
Yaki_Shipyard_v.6.spk
yaX3TCsm_v1.1.zip
Last edited by rdf0022 on Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:24

The Woden is classified as an M1 Carrier. My M1s don't have any external M6-docks, you can only dock 2 TS/TPs at them.

rdf0022
x3tc

Post by rdf0022 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:51

can you check my mods/scripts to see if anything will cause it to not work?

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:01

I don't know every mod of the list.
In general: Scripts are running without any problems with the Hangarmod. The Gazz-TurretFix is already included, so you don't need it. The only mods which won't run with the Hangarmod are the ones with an own Tships.txt and changes to the shipscenes and dummies.txt.

The WhiteStar Mod will probably use an own Tships, so that won't work with my hangarmod. Also the external-docking mod by fud is not compatible to my mod.

You can unpack my mod with doubleshadow's modmanager. If there is a Tships for the WhiteStar-Mod (has to be, as it adds a new ship to the game) it would be the easiest way to make the changes in Tships of the WhiteStar-mod by hand (just change the Hangarsize of the ships I modded). But I can not guarantee that this might work.

rdf0022
x3tc

Post by rdf0022 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:20

So the best way for me to make sure a "MOD" is ok to work with yours is to use the mod manager to see if it edits any of the scene.pbd and tships.pck?

what do you use to edit the tships?

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:28

Doubleshadows X3 Editor is perferct to edit the Tships ;).
And yes, I think it's the best way to check compatibility by extracting the files and comparing them. The game can only use one copy of a file and will read the one with the highest priority.

rdf0022
x3tc

Post by rdf0022 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:36

So those are the only 2 mods that you know of that will not work with your script correct?

and If I want to use one of those mods instead of this one will I need to remove anything or just select use org in the mod options?

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:49

You should follow my deinstallation guide before choosing another mod or the original game. Otherwise your savegames might get corrupted.

rdf0022
x3tc

Post by rdf0022 » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 00:12

What would I need to do if I wanted to add another m6 dock to the osaka.

as well with that change if i wanted to edit one of the ships speed settings and turn settings, would I just open up your tships file export it then use the edit program to change the speed number and then replace that new tship with yours?

Thanks again for your help, trying to get into modding my game a bit.

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 06:31

Ok, first to speed and turn settings:

Unpack the Tships.txt cat/dat File of my Mod with the modmanager. Than open the unpacked Tships.txt with doubleshadows X3-Editor, make your changes and put it back into the cat/dat of the mod (just overwrite the old one).

Adding an additional Dock:
You need to unpack the shipscene of the ship you want to add the dock at. It's also helpfull to unpack the gamefiles (01.cat/dat til 06.cat/dat), than you need to convert the ships bob files into bod-files (I use X2Bcide for this). Than get Gmax, Dbox and Yagg (last 2 programs are from doubleshadow again). With Gmax and the Dbox-Plugin you can open the bod-files, start with the ships body (only bod files can be opened), than open the scenefile. Every turret, external dock, cameraposition is shown as a blue box along the ships body now. Now import a body from the objects\ships\props Directory (one of the M6 Docks) and add it to ship via drag and drop. You can look at some of my ships which have a M6 dock to see the distance between the dockingposition and the ships body, otherwise you might get clipping bugs. On the right side of the screen is a textfield in gmax, showing the name of the Object you have chosen, for example: External_m6_dock.bod. You have to rename it to Bships\props\External_m6_dock.bod. Otherwise the game won't recognize the new dock.
Next step: delete the body (chose it via clicking on it, press del), so only the blue boxes are remaining. Open Yagg and clikc on "switch to snoop" (make sure it's configuered right), than you can export the scenefile (needs to have the same name as written in the tships, and it has to be in the same directory as before). Just overwrite the shipscene in my mod cat/dat File.

It's a bit try and error in the beginning, but it sounds much more complicated than it really is.

Khas

Post by Khas » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 21:33

Any chance of getting this working for the Xenon J? I just capped one, and I reallyreallyreally want some M6/TS/TP on it. There's room for a good 4/6 slots there.

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 12:49

As I'll have to write examens in the next few weeks it might take until march till I work on the mod again.
Won't be a problem to add some docks at the Xenonships (the Q is a bit tiny, don't know if it will get the same amount of docks as other M7s).

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 02:49

I've figured out how to add internal docking bays to ships, so if you haven't figured it out yet here it is:

1: Open the ship scene in 3ds Max
2: import "dockCarrier_quicklaunch_scene_dummy" from objects\stations\docks\. Place it anywhere on the model, and thats your launcher.
3: import "dockCarrier_scene" from the same folder and and place it on the model. And thats your docking bay.
4: Export the whole scene with DBOX.

..... done!! Thats it, a fully functional internal docking bay!!

I was really surprised how easy it was when i did it, i find it even easier than external docking.

The same process can be applied to docking clamps like the ones found on stations.

Anyways, i was just sayin :D :D
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 17:30

Couldn't we have doskcs for M8? Perhaps share them witht he fighter or the M6s ones? They're not much bigger than fighters and smaller than M6s so I don't see the problem to add them?

Sorry if this has already been asked. Otherwise excellent mod.

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 13:19

ohhhh, good idea about the M8's

following on from that, why not remove the M7M duel fighter slots and allow duel M8 docking, then you could jump in a whole anti station assault wing in one swoop, which would be quite cool

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 15:36

M8 Docks are a central point on my To-Do-List, I just happend to write my last examen for this semester today, but I'll have clinic duty the next 4 weeks.
As there is no scene for an external M8-Dock I'll have to find a scriptsolution, to do so I'll have to learn scripting first :p. So yes, I want to put it in the mod, but it might take a while till I figuered out how.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”