[MOD/Script] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) - v7.2 21/11/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 20. May 12, 12:14

Hey all,

Made some screenshots of my current settings:
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t41 ... n00002.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t41 ... n00003.jpg

I added a FDN Trading Station but it doesn't seem to connect to my node. I'm guess the node is the problem. I'm going to try placing a new node and add only 1-2 factories to it to see if it will work.

Edit: removed img-tags. Please note forum rules: Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size. X2-Illuminatus
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 20. May 12, 12:20

If I read those correctly, you havent set either ware caps or sell caps.

Have you tried setting a sell cap on the ones you want to sell, as I suspect that without them, the node thinks they cant be sold at all. Try a ware cap of 500,000 and a sell cap of 1000 and see what happens. Then adjust.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 20. May 12, 12:28

Yeah I tried the selling caps but those didn't work.

And the weirdest thing is: the node has only 4 credits, but it is magically supplying the factories with supplies. It keeps creating products but somehow it gets the resources for free. I really don't understand what's going on :?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 20. May 12, 12:31

Have you tried checking every station you think it should be selling to to ensure they are buying ?

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 20. May 12, 12:38

apricotslice wrote:Have you tried checking every station you think it should be selling to to ensure they are buying ?
Yes I have. They should be open for business.

Anyway, I built a new Node in Herron's Nebula. I added 1 factory, a Mosquito Fab, set up the wares and gave it some creds. And it just started working again no problem. It's selling as we speak.

So I'm thinking my original assumption was correct: the node in Antigone has somehow "gone bad".

Glad it's working again! :)

Zonzo
x4

Post by Zonzo » Sun, 20. May 12, 15:30

apricotslice wrote:If I read those correctly, you havent set either ware caps or sell caps.

Have you tried setting a sell cap on the ones you want to sell, as I suspect that without them, the node thinks they cant be sold at all. Try a ware cap of 500,000 and a sell cap of 1000 and see what happens. Then adjust.
apricotslice, ware caps are not needed really unless you want limit ware amount in FDN or reserve some of certain ware.
Buy default FDN takes in all, up to maximum storage space and starts selling even if you have just 1 of any ware, after enabling ware sell. Without enabling sell FDN act as storage space.
However reserving could be helpful for doing plots.
Let's say Goner plot, you will need 2000 ore and 200 silicon, so set ore from FDN sell above 2000 and silicon above 200. Means that 2000 ore and 200 silicon will be always reserved. Just don't forget set no on "other races can trade with this station", or NPS's suck your node dry with average price.
Only problem I encountered was, MK3 UT's started buying from FDN with average price and I couldn't find way block them. When I set price to maximum then those MK3 idiots started selling wares to FDN with maximum price. :D
So I started using EST traders instead. EST traders have option "trade only with NPC stations".

@Stealth, good stuff, you got it working.
However, missiles are bad for business, you will start over producing them very quickly. Check my screen shots, those wares selling like mad and also they keep DoG (GoD engine, yeah, right) engine's dirty fingers away from NPC starions. Apparently players job is balance economy not destroy it.
Last edited by Zonzo on Sun, 20. May 12, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.

Zonzo
x4

Post by Zonzo » Sun, 20. May 12, 16:51

After giving thought a little. Logain, is it possible make FDN work in 2 modes?
1. Automatic - Current, no changes.
2. Manual, all wares must be entered in to FDN manually, also cap limit will be followed. And when FDN starts polling fabs/stations, wares what missing on FDN list will be ignored. Currently FDN has self wares discovery.
I kept looted missiles in production complex and when I linked it in to FDN network. Closest node pulled all missiles in. Grrrr... :D
IMO that would help deal with transfer glitch and over stocking. Also when stock is reached and if other FDN's wont accept ware, leave wares to fab/complex. When fab/complex stock is full then production stops buy it's self.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 20. May 12, 19:22

Zonzo wrote:After giving thought a little. Logain, is it possible make FDN work in 2 modes?
1. Automatic - Current, no changes.
2. Manual, all wares must be entered in to FDN manually, also cap limit will be followed. And when FDN starts polling fabs/stations, wares what missing on FDN list will be ignored. Currently FDN has self wares discovery.
I kept looted missiles in production complex and when I linked it in to FDN network. Closest node pulled all missiles in. Grrrr... :D
IMO that would help deal with transfer glitch and over stocking. Also when stock is reached and if other FDN's wont accept ware, leave wares to fab/complex. When fab/complex stock is full then production stops buy it's self.
I'm looking at a balance, I think people will get frustrated adding wares to FDN manually.

So FDN will still self discover all the wares the player produces or requires, FDN will see all Factories (Not Complexes) but will only manage their resources & products if told too.

There will be only one 'Node', now Distribution Centre (DC), there will be no Trade Posts as FDN will treat all docks the same (and all docks will have virtual storage). Currently I can easily change which Dock is the DC at will.

The management of wares will be similar to the current version, but with better handling of the levels such as remote access cap and sell cap.

I'm nailing down the bones of the UI at the moment.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 21. May 12, 11:43

Notice - 21/05/2012

The mod version of FDN will be superseded by a script only version. The differences are significant enough to warrant a clean start and new topic.
FDN v8 Topic

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. May 12, 12:03

Can I suggest you call it "Distribution Center" v1 and make a completely new slate for this ?

That way, its not going to confuse people.

For example, anyone using my mods, might install your v8 thinking its an upgrade, and get v7 and v8 mixed up, since both will be running at the same time. Anyone just using the mod version of v7 may do the same thing.

Best do a completely new one and refer back to it replacing FDN in the thread.

Also, I guess you better make sure that running it with any version of FDN 1-7 wont be disasterous.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 22. May 12, 06:52

Woot! I setup some vanilla factories and it's working nicely. :D

Thanks for making it!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 22. May 12, 10:41

wwdragon wrote:Woot! I setup some vanilla factories and it's working nicely. :D

Thanks for making it!
Your welcome :)

LA

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 23. May 12, 17:33

Hey Logain,

I have a question about FDN Trading Stations.

I have a FDN Trading Station in Argon Prime and I've added some wares to it which are getting produced through a nearby node. The station is set to Enable FDN: Yes
Enable Sell wares: Yes

The Node has the wares set to
Enable Remote Access: yes
Enable Buy: No
Enable Sell: No (don't sell through the node)

Maximum stock: not set
Remote access above: not set
Sell above: not set

Why isn't my trading station getting the wares from the Node?

Stealth

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 24. Oct 12, 10:00

Does this work with http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227813 flawlessly or are there issues?

I like crunching my factories to one cube complex. It's easier on the FPS. Then use this FDN mod on these crunched complexes.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 24. Oct 12, 10:10

dispostableatheist wrote:Does this work with http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227813 flawlessly or are there issues?

I like crunching my factories to one cube complex. It's easier on the FPS. Then use this FDN mod on these crunched complexes.
If your asking if FDN works with CC, then yes it does.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 12:45

I'm guessing this isn't compatible with AP but only TC?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 13:01

Installed into Ap properly, it should work fine.

There is a new version for AP though that doesnt use the mod part. Its in a different thread.

crazyewok
x3tc

Post by crazyewok » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 14:52

Is there a new version of this that works with the Rebalance mod and AP as I cant seem to get thisn working?

And I dont mean the Lite version as it useless seeing as it does not allow any kind of centralised storgae so its poitnless when I have 50 factorys in one sector and cant get the products to one selling point!

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 15:49

There is a script only version v8.04 which should be compatible with most mods... i run it with xrm and ap3.0 without issues

crazyewok
x3tc

Post by crazyewok » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:04

rand__ wrote:There is a script only version v8.04 which should be compatible with most mods... i run it with xrm and ap3.0 without issues
Were do I get this? You have a link?

As dont fancy shifting through 50 odd pages.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”