[MOD/Script] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) - v7.2 21/11/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 09:41

TheElix wrote:I've installed v.2 and now it says I need to expand the range of SPP. How do I do that? :( I have 1 SPP L and 20 factories around it. I bunched them toghether tightly and still it says I need to expand the range :? Actually, I don't like the idea of SPP being the centre of the FDN.

edit: ok, I tried harder and managed to bunch them closer to each other and aesthetically better. I said I didn't like the idea with SPP, but, on the other hand, it helps to localize the complex.
Another thing I noticed is that SPP often stays without crystals while all crystal fabs have quite a stock of crystals. They are all in FDN range and Supply Resources/Secondary Resources and Supply Products options are all on.
You can expand the range of FDN by ensuring the factories are within range of a SPP or an advanced satellite.
You need SPP in sector for FDN to work; the factories need to be in range of an SPP or Advanced Satellite to be visible to FDN.
The reasoning behind this is that FDN would need an infrastructure in place & maintained to provide full coverage. I went down this route as it gives FDN what I think is a realistic cost base rather than just a one off fee of a timed based charge.
As I said on the main post, I’m happy to provide a restriction free version on request.

LA

TheElix

Post by TheElix » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 13:04

No, I'm good with the restriction. But crystals from my fabs are not distributed to my SPP. Any idea why?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 14:12

TheElix wrote:No, I'm good with the restriction. But crystals from my fabs are not distributed to my SPP. Any idea why?
No, I'll test now :?

FDN will only send 3 * the wares used per cycle.
If you have added the fab since FDN was started i the sector it will be set to Deny Product by default, so may need to be started.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 15:18

TheElix wrote:No, I'm good with the restriction. But crystals from my fabs are not distributed to my SPP. Any idea why?
Good spot, found the issue. Re-testing & should have fix out shortly.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

FIX to FDN v2

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 16:30

Fix posted for FDN v2 :(

This is will be superseded by FDN v2.1 which will follow in the next week 8)

LA

TheElix

Post by TheElix » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 16:34

Logain Abler, thanks a lot! :) This script rules.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 18:02

TheElix wrote:Logain Abler, thanks a lot! :) This script rules.
Cheers mate :) glad you like.

Testing v2.1 at the moment. Now has Missile & Ammo re-supply.
Better Report & a Sector report.

Once happy with that I'll start having a look at the PHQ and maybe a mutli-sector upgrade 8) .

LA

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 18:38

DL'ing now :) I'll be starting my factory empire soon, so I'll give this a go.

I would like some kind of price though. Perhaps at least a one-off fee for technicians to install the teleporter devices etc :)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 18:52

Axeface wrote:DL'ing now :) I'll be starting my factory empire soon, so I'll give this a go.

I would like some kind of price though. Perhaps at least a one-off fee for technicians to install the teleporter devices etc :)
There is now a cost of sorts:

An SPP is required in sector:
M = 4.8Mil avg.
L = 11Mil avg.
XL = 19.5Mil avg.

And if your Factories are not within range it's another 15K avg for an Advanced Satellite to provide coverage.

Even with the lowest SPP it's just short of 5Mil to set-up, per sector.

This is just an interim solution. I plan on adding a modded SPP and Advanced Satellite solely for FDN (when I get around to learning how).

LA

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 18:56

Ah ok cool :) Whats the range on the SPP?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 19:17

Axeface wrote:Ah ok cool :) Whats the range on the SPP?
Standard game range at the moment so if there are no AS's about FDN won't see the Factories as the station range is not great in big sectors.

When I mod a station to become the FDN Node I'll extend the range a little.

Logain Abler
x4

FDN v2.1 Progress

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 19:29

Testing is going well.

I have one XL SPP supported by three crystal Fabs supplying 38 other stations with no issues (I have 4 sectors set up like this).
The script looks to keep on top of things and has the bonus of optimising ware flow, never no much & never too little, other than the 3 * cycle overhead.

With the station allow/deny option specific stations can be used to sell or stockpile products rather than supply.

The Missile & Ammo re-supply works well and as per the E-cells function. As with normal supply wares, if Missile & Ammo need to be stockpiled the station can be set to Deny product to FDN.

Grouping stations under their appropriate Complex for the FDN Report & the new Sector Report (think FDN Report for one sector) was a bitch but it’s looking better. All the sector & station arrays have been sorted so it’s all in Alphabetical order which looks a lot better than v2.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 00:15

It occured to me that one way of joining accross sectors is to place a string of sats that join all the gates with the stations/complexes.

I'm not sure how you would test that they all overlapped though.

But the idea being that the transporter signal is beamed through a line of sats. Which of course could be pretty long if the sectors are far apart.

It would need to account for the HUB gates bending space too.

TheElix

Re: FDN v2.1 Progress

Post by TheElix » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 03:39

Logain Abler wrote:Testing is going well.

I have one XL SPP supported by three crystal Fabs supplying 38 other stations with no issues (I have 4 sectors set up like this).
The fix didn't work for me. Crystals keep stocking and SPP is idling without them. Why?..

Logain Abler
x4

Re: FDN v2.1 Progress

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 11:53

TheElix wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:Testing is going well.

The fix didn't work for me. Crystals keep stocking and SPP is idling without them. Why?..
Are you using v2f? Are the Crystal Fabs set to allow?

I'll have another look but could you let me know what Stations your using & I'll try to re-ceate.

It won't be until tomorrow as I'm out all today.

LA

TheElix

Post by TheElix » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 13:05

Yes, I'm using v2f. And to answer other questions:
[ external image ]

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 19:26

apricotslice wrote:It occured to me that one way of joining accross sectors is to place a string of sats that join all the gates with the stations/complexes.

I'm not sure how you would test that they all overlapped though.

But the idea being that the transporter signal is beamed through a line of sats. Which of course could be pretty long if the sectors are far apart.

It would need to account for the HUB gates bending space too.
The more I think of it the more I feel that FDN should be limited to transferring wares within the local sector.

The technology of teleport does not sit well with multi sector. Travelling between sectors takes warp gates, not teleportation.

LA

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 19:29

I would agree with that. TSes are built to handle multi-sector stuff almost exclusively, and with multi-sector FDN the player would have a huge advantage by almost never needing them.
-TEVE

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 19:35

TheElix wrote:Yes, I'm using v2f. And to answer other questions:
[ external image ]
Hi TheElix,

I've had a chance to re-test the SPP & Crystal Fabs issue your having and it looks okay in v2f. I can't repeat the fault, it's working for me since the fix :?:

Could you try restarting FDN in the Artificial Life settings? Not sue if it will help as I didn't need to restrart :cry:

Sorry about this :oops:

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 01:58

So it takes a bit of fancy programming then. For multi sector, you fill a ship, jump it, then beam from the ship, jump it back, rince and repeat.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”