S9ilent's Vocal Control *29/03/2015*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 21:56

Currently no, thou you can add one if you like

I'll add one to the new version (thou that is still a fair way off)

Phobocaster

Post by Phobocaster » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:31

The idea is really neat, makes you feel like a real captain. I'm currently starting over again, I'll give it a try once I get a capital ship. I'm a bit skeptical whether this stuff works as well as advertised in practice and how it will interact with other mods, but that's just my normal caution.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 07:55

@ MuHoTaBP / others

Hi,

I've found my self EXTREMELY short of time, so I dont forsee my self completing this any time soon.

I have completed the program, and it exports the required data to X3's tfile folder (you can configure the tfiles/lang id's etc.) and I have written the lib files to decode the xml data that gets imported into x3

What I have not done is,
1) I have not finished re-writing the grammar's (i.e. telling the program what to recognize)
2) I have not written a script to do the actual importing
3) I have not finished writing scripts, that use the imported data, and "do stuff" (e.g. if the game realizes I say all ships follow me, there is no script that makes all the ships follow me)

So what I"m going to do, is I'm going to post up what I've already done and if there are any avid scripters out there they can take a look at it and use it.

(I unfortunately have to re-divert time to my SFM project, as I've recently discovered it is a source of major lag on my system)
Download Link
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/whyi ... ersion.rar

The lib script required to convert the tfile data, to my xml objects is available here:
link

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 21:49

hey guys getting a wierd problem, i followed the directions unziped the file and ran the aplication but, i get this

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\t\7742-L044.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at SVC_Gamma.Form1.Tickactual()
at SVC_Gamma.Form1.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SVC Gamma
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Anthony/Desktop/svc_gamma/SVC%20Gamma.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Interop.SpeechLib
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Anthony/Desktop/svc_gamma/Interop.SpeechLib.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

any fixes?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 23:12

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\t\7742-L044.xml' is denied.

Something in your computer is not giving me access to the file. (firewall? run as administrator? Is the file being edited by something else?)

Did you get the path correct?

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 23:57

s9ilent wrote:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\t\7742-L044.xml' is denied.

Something in your computer is not giving me access to the file. (firewall? run as administrator? Is the file being edited by something else?)

Did you get the path correct?
sorted i think i just had let it thorugh firewall and run it as admin :D oh is it compatible with version 3.1?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 03:59

w.r.t 3.1 I really don't know...
I don't see why it shouldn't although to be honest, I haven't actually played TC in a little while (I'm still on v2.5 :oops:)

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 22:28

Hi. Sorry to start up an old thread, but I'm really hoping you're still involved with this potentially brilliant mod.

I just can't get it to actually work. I unzipped to a folder OTHER THAN the game folder, ran as admin (with voice recog running), and started X3:TC, enabled subtitles and started talking. Nothing. :twisted:

I have tried 3 voice command programmes for X3 without success, and I really don't want this one to join the casualty list. :cry: Please help!

Additional Info:

Language: English (UK) (could this be causing problems?)
Mods: X3 Rebalance Mod, Marine Repairs, Green Factories Turbo Boost
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 22:40

Rofl my emoticons didn't come out so great. Apologies, this has been my first post on this forum. Will use them properly from now on. :D

I have a couple of other questions while I'm at it, I've read nearly the whole thread, and it seems unclear whether several issues have been cleared up. Namely:

1. Will I (using Windows 7) need to have my speech recog active, running, but in "sleep" mode, or not on at all?

2. Do I have to cut/paste scripts etc. into the appropriate folders in X3TC's directory?

3. Are hotkeys actually usable now? (The OP says they are, but most recent reference in the thread says they aren't and never will be.)

Any help = most appreciated. :)

{Emoticons fixed. - Terre}
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 07:20

Hi, Ender_Xenocide. I hope this mod is not dead. But, as far as I know, this mod works properly only on X3: TC ver. 2.5/2.7.1 (not newer). The idea of this mod is much fantastic and amazing. But no news for about one year is bad news in this case :(((

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 09:50

Thanks for letting me know, though I hope you're wrong. :cry:

In case it's of any use to anyone who can help me, When I start up SCV I get:

Reloading Grammar
Grammar Loaded

and then when I click "Start Recognition" I get:

--------- Starting SVC ---------
Reloading Grammar
Grammar Loaded

Loading Hotkeys
End of Hotkeys Reached

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 01:59

Hello,

I can confirm that given the way I coded the program, this most certain does NOT work in windows7/vista. I know how to fix it but I've been away from X3 for quite some time.

*technical bits*
This program just uses the default recognition context, i.e. the one that windows uses. This works fine for xp (as windows doesn't do anything with it) but in vista/windows 7 it will not work at all, as windows intercepts all the voice commands and does its own voice-> text stuff with it.
To fix this its just a matter of spinning up a different context, but there are numerous other changes I would make.

I will look into it this afternoon, but tbh I'm not very motivated to re-do this project as
1) There was never really much interest in this (Through out all of time I think there has been something tiny like <20 downloads of this. I had originally made this so other S&M could use it, but none ever did :()
2) I took a long break from x3 (Although I have started playing again)
3) I don't do a whole log of S&M work in x3 any more

What I will most likely do is just redo the actual recognition side of the program, but NOT the grammar compiler (The grammar compiler was a tool for other modders so they could add their own commands, but 1) no one else has modded this, 2) it is easier to just modify the xml directly).

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 09:40

i disagree with the lack of intrest bit, i tryed this mod but due to windows 7 it did not work and i would love to see a new version of this mod, it is one of the coolist out there.

please comtinue working on this awsome of mods, ordering you ingame ships around with your voice will never stop being awsome.
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 11:57

Hello, S9ilent!

If you think that your program is not much interesting for moders, then try to connect with the developers of X (Egosoft). I saw your other project that was about adding Multiplayer in the game. I think you're really talented and creative programmer. The speech recognition in games is very fashionable now (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Binary Domain). I think Egosoft will be glad to cooperate with you.

If X Rebirth will have a feature like your "vocal control", then most of fans will thank you much.

So, I think you should try to write to Egosoft-developers of the game about your amazing MOD.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 17:17

Hi S9ilent,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with MuHoTaBP though, I can't see how this would not interest people. My brother and my best friend all play this game and they both want me to let them know the instant I get any form of voice recog working for Windows 7.

I think part of the problem is that people aren't as interested in flavour as they should be. I would definitely like to be able to customize my own commands with more flavour in them e.g.

Instead of "activate SETA", "Initiate time compression"

Instead of "sector map", "display tactical overlay"

Instead of "Autopilot, follow" "Lay in an intercept course"

etc.

Perhaps this would generate more interest from players?

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 17:36

In case you can't get this working for Windows 7, I thought this suggestion worth mentioning.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned WSR Macros (Downladable from Micrsoft.com) as a good alternative. I looked into it and I think it's great; you can fully customize commands & you can use it with WSR turned off, so you don't send involuntary commands to your OS. The problem? It's impossible to DL anything from ms.com even with my (legit) OS, because their windows validation sucks.

Anyone else having this problem?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 00:01

Getting voice recognition working for windows is easy, it is just a bit trickier to get it to work with my old x3 scripts :S (with out having the re-write the whole system)
I've completed the technical proof in concept. Now I've just got to pull apart my old program, and put those bits in the new program.

w.r.t Customizable phrases- the xml is always customizable, but there are virtually no learning resources on how to do it. At best all I can recommend is that if you really want to change a phrase, edit the xml manually, find the phrase and replace it with what you want to say.

Fingers crossed, it might be done in full 3 days, but this realistically means about 1.5 weeks. (i.e. Another full weekend)

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 00:11

Great stuff! I'm actually more interested in the hotkeys than the scripts (mostly because I'm more adept at modifying those. :wink: )

I used your compiler a bit while trying to get the thing working for me, and I think it's very well laid out and easy to use.

Maegfaer
x3ap

Post by Maegfaer » Wed, 17. Oct 12, 23:33

s9ilent, if you're going to fix this great mod for Windows 7, could you pleeease also make it compatible with Albion Prelude? I'm dying for voice recognition in this game. :)

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 09:55

Right now I find my self extremely short of time (even on the weekends... :S)
But I have done some work on the new version of this. I suspect it will still be weeks before I finish

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”