[Script] Nividium Processing Plant by Nividium 07/12/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 13:36

Does anyone know how much ore one of these factories consumes per hour, so I can work out how many to fit into a complex?

It looks like a very nice idea to help with that part of the Hub mission :)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 03:42

I've noticed that this script will run quite a few Global Scripts in a game, even if there are no Nividium factories placed in the universe. Are these scripts serving a purpose by running? At last count, I had around 2 dozen of them when I looked at the Script Editor.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 17:24

The globals are what I suspect Nividium is using to correct the factories.

Hey, Nividium, FYI, you can overwrite the !station.idle command, which is basically this as vanilla:

Code: Select all

while [TRUE]
= wait 999999
end

return null
And use that to set up a factory. Avoids pesky globals.

Also, what's with all the non-registered dudes harshing on Nividium's mellow? This is the second thread I've seen where his scripts have taken a liberal beating.

Keep up the good work, 'Vid.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 20:38

Azalyn wrote:In working on the Hub I decided to add a few more factories to my huge complex to make things go a bit faster. I dropped 10 Nividium factories into the sector and used the Complex Cleaner to crunch all the other factories I added and none of the Nividium factories compacted; since the factory itself seems to be stubborn to work with I just arranged them in a snake shape above the monolith blocks.

Whether this behavior is a bug or a limitation of the nature of the factory I've got no idea. Long as the factory works I'm happy, just wanted to lyk of the possible incompatibility between the 2 mods.
I believe the problem with crunching the Nividium Processing plant is that it is a scripted Fab, not a Modded one.

IOW since it doesn't appear in TFactories there's nothing for Complex Cleaner to base a module on.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 03:01

From a non scripter, is there any chance of this script being made compatible with CC?
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 10:08

Description:

This script package allows you to buy a Nividium Processing Plant from the Paranid race's Shipyard. You buy it just as you would any other station using your own TL or by hiring one and having them dock at the Shipyard. You need to have a high rep to be able to buy this Plant. For X3TC Egosoft has made all non buyable stations produce Delaxian Wheat, so this script needs up to 1 minute to retrofit the station back into a Nividium Processing Plant. You must wait this time especially if you are going to add the station to a complex otherwise you will have a Wheat Farm instead of a Nividium Plant.
Can someone specify exactly what I am suppose to buy
in the Paranid shipyard???
an actual Nvidium Plant or
an Ore Mine and wait a few minutes and magically let it will change to Nvidium Plant ???
The post for Nividium Plant Station does not clearly specifies.
The instructions needs to be more clear please.

Another question is.
Are Nvidium Asteroid suppose to disappear ???
is this part of the script. ? like if your slow you blow, kind of thing.?
Because I wrote down on paper where I discovered
some highly yielding Nivium Asteroids after extensive
searching and scanning asteroids.

When I go back to these locations, their all gone......
What is going on?

Are other races taking them?
Last edited by Robert Foster on Fri, 18. Dec 09, 04:14, edited 4 times in total.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 10:17

As I mentioned in my PM, check whether those asteroids are vanilla or not - the spawning of vanilla asteroids is a question you could ask in the main forum.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 10:21

Ok, Can you show me how to check please.?
As I don't know how to compare or check against one to the other.
And I took the re-spawning part out, until I hopefully find the right place for it.

Thank you for helping me and being kind.
I appreciate it very much.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 10:53

I'll take that to PMs to avoid sending this thread off topic.

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 02:33

I would have rather seen this nividium plant as a mine instead. Find a Niv asteroid, and install the plant like you would ore and silicon. THAT would have made sense. But I assume it was impossible, otherwise you would have done it already.

On that note. Can I install an ore mine on a nividium asteroid, then use the cheat mode to change the output?
Sacha

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 01:28

Per some of the mod packages out there OR using the cheat script. All I do is load a nividium mine into my TL (there are two listed - one that holds 16 units and the other a few thousand units of niv). When built it will be a wheat farm (or simply buy an ore mine and convert it), to produce nividium. That way you will produce two products, but still have nividium.

If you feel that you should be spending a few million on this plant, then simply place your desired donation into the provided envelope and eject it into space. Do not forget to shoot it, lest you should feel like retrieving it!!!
Sacha

Jake B
x3tc

Post by Jake B » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 04:56

Download link not working.
I always shoot first then.......hmm I can never remember the rest

mangydog
x3tc

Post by mangydog » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 09:28

The download link appears to be broken.

Can you please update.

Cheers,
mangyDOG

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:09

The script has been removed from service as there is some missing code in it that would make it run better. As, I have stopped messing around with script writing, I will not be updating this script. It is dead.
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT THIS SCRIPT BE USED !

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:11

rrrrrrrrrrresurrection >: D
F signature

Jiraiya Nesty

Ahhhhh!!!!dem...

Post by Jiraiya Nesty » Fri, 11. May 12, 22:19

MEN I CANT´ FIND THE LINK TO THIS SCRIPT WHERE IS IT´?
My Life...my rules...Give me a name in the Stars

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 12. May 12, 12:11

From the OP:
Download: Download removed. Script is Dead !
Also the author just posted the reason for this 2 posts before yours.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”