[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:21

Could someone repackage this for those of us who can't do it please. :)

(keep getting a DLL missing error every time I try even though the DLL is registered) :evil:
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 01:01

Bulk Transporter Upgrade

Here you go. Repacked with the Plugin Manager Beta v1.4.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 04:04

Osiris454 wrote:Bulk Transporter Upgrade

Thank you VERY much!

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 04:11

FalconGrey wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:Bulk Transporter Upgrade

Thank you VERY much!
You're welcome. :D
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any problems.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 04:40

Seems it still has the error:

Code: Select all

Error Opening: C:\Users\David\Downloads\x3TC\Mods\Bulk Transporter Upgrade v1.0.spk
Invalid package file
I'm using Plugin Manager Lite v1.40 (Beta 2). Tried it also with v1.30. Same error.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 05:02

FalconGrey wrote:Seems it still has the error:

Code: Select all

Error Opening: C:\Users\David\Downloads\x3TC\Mods\Bulk Transporter Upgrade v1.0.spk
Invalid package file
I'm using Plugin Manager Lite v1.40 (Beta 2). Tried it also with v1.30. Same error.
Try moving the file to another folder. The 'Users' folder and 'Program Files' are protected folders.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 05:44

Ok, finally figured it all out. I managed to get Cycrow's Package Creator v1.10(beta 2) to run that came with the new 1.4 Plugin Manager.
(it's located in the install folder for those who are unaware of this nice little program tool) For ALL the nice modders who make all these nice mods and updates for them, using this program you can also specify where the Plugin Manager can look for updates to tell people there is an update available!
The loading problem seems to be that even though the spk file IS in the correct format, it is sat as an "Update Package" for version 1.0 in the dependencies. (the same version) So the problem comes down to it is looking for itself already installed to update itself. Thus can not install and all sorts of bells and whistles.

The fix, now that I have it loaded in the Package Creator, change the package settings type to "Ship Command" and save. Now it loads with no issues! :D

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20250959 ... _fixed.spk

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 06:38

FalconGrey wrote:Ok, finally figured it all out. I managed to get Cycrow's Package Creator v1.10(beta 2) to run that came with the new 1.4 Plugin Manager.
(it's located in the install folder for those who are unaware of this nice little program tool) For ALL the nice modders who make all these nice mods and updates for them, using this program you can also specify where the Plugin Manager can look for updates to tell people there is an update available!
The loading problem seems to be that even though the spk file IS in the correct format, it is sat as an "Update Package" for version 1.0 in the dependencies. (the same version) So the problem comes down to it is looking for itself already installed to update itself. Thus can not install and all sorts of bells and whistles.

The fix, now that I have it loaded in the Package Creator, change the package settings type to "Ship Command" and save. Now it loads with no issues! :D

Good to know. This was my first attempt to use the package manager too. I've changed it in my .SPK too. I'll re-upload it to the SkyDrive to make sure it's the right one.

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 09:57

Do either of you happen to still have this one in its fixed state?

Having to unpack the old spk every time makes me sad, and the broken download links make me even sadder.

(Thanks in advance!)

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 11:49

Mizuchi wrote:Do either of you happen to still have this one in its fixed state?

Having to unpack the old spk every time makes me sad, and the broken download links make me even sadder.

(Thanks in advance!)
Ditto on that please :)

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 09:48

how do i post the fix one here? to whom shall i host or email to?

Seraph Kaoru
x3tc

Post by Seraph Kaoru » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 11:14

Any news on this? Even with a fleet of freight drones, it seems I can't order my TLs to undertake trade - unless there's a better option, this seems like the best one to use in order to actually be able to automate some parts of using a TL!

Keomars

Post by Keomars » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 12:52

Osiris454 wrote:
FalconGrey wrote:Ok, finally figured it all out. I managed to get Cycrow's Package Creator v1.10(beta 2) to run that came with the new 1.4 Plugin Manager.

Good to know. This was my first attempt to use the package manager too. I've changed it in my .SPK too. I'll re-upload it to the SkyDrive to make sure it's the right one.
The link is no longer work, anyone can give me a new one? Thanks! :lol:

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 13:35

Keomars wrote:The link is no longer work, anyone can give me a new one? Thanks!
Yeah you can download it from xdownloads website, direct link:

[ external image ]
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Keomars

Post by Keomars » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:26

SS_T wrote:

[ external image ]
Thanks for your help.

However this is the old one that cannot be installed via XPluginManager.

And I dont know how to adjust it. :(

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:31

Keomars wrote:
SS_T wrote:

[ external image ]
Thanks for your help.

However this is the old one that cannot be installed via XPluginManager.

And I dont know how to adjust it. :(
You can use the spk explorer to unpack it. The spk extension is essentially a zip file.

Once unpacked you can repack it with the current PM or just drop the files into your TC folder.

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 18:35

I discovered that my tnal.bulk.beam.trade file (for NPC trading) is missing a chunk at the end of the file (discovered that it is missing a bunch of end conditional statements). The file is in this state in the original download zip, but I don't remember which link I used from this thread.. the version of that file is v104. I have only used the script to trade with my stations so far so it hasn't been an issue.

Would someone mind stating where the latest and greatest version of this script is? It doesn't have to be spk. Thanks.

P.S. I liked this mod so much I have created a preload script for it to use custom menus ie when trading with player stations you click Load or Unload instead of typing b or s.

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Mon, 31. Dec 12, 16:09

1st Jan 2013 !! :) Update, the xDownloads version does not allow you to use M7 ships, so ....
arcana75 wrote:Until snwboardn21 or al_main says otherwise, here's the spk for this script including the M7 fix provided by Scoob!

DOWNLOAD
This does allow M7, so now my Panther Raider can Bulk Beam stuff :)

qibisa
x3fl

Re:

Post by qibisa » Wed, 3. May 23, 11:15

arcana75 wrote:
Sat, 16. May 09, 14:09
Until snwboardn21 or al_main says otherwise, here's the spk for this script including the M7 fix provided by Scoob!

DOWNLOAD
Thank you, works on TL with X-3 TC+X-tended

If anyone is taking any suggestions, it would be great to have:
1) add option to type "all" in amount field to buy/sell all stock instead of typing a number obviously higher than requested just to make sure I'll have a maximum capacity trade
2) probably not possible technically if that's not how it was done in the first place? But replace beaming with regular trade window that I'm used too and that requires much less of typing for each trade, but still with regular beam trade restrictions (like to upgrading ships without docking).
3) skip 1st step of choosing the station if I already have eligible station from the same sector as me in target.
3.1) actually, just cut universe map from the choice so it would go straight to sector map, that's one less click in every single trade.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”