[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 14:45

They all use the transporter.

Nothing to do with the tractor beam.

Does the tractor beam need improving still ? I did do a mod for this for R, and admittedly I did up the range again in my mod.

If TC still has tractor beam problems to do with the range being too short, I can redo the mod to give it an 8km range again. Thats pretty easy to do.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 22:59

I've been using "ST/UT for most ship types" all weekend. Just wanted to let you know it works as advertised. No problems so far. Thanks apricotslice! :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 00:48

Great to hear, thanks ! :D

Neofit
x4

Post by Neofit » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 15:05

Thanks for the scripts, I love the auto-beaming of the surrounding crates, exactly as I assume it should work in a world where the technology level allows one to jump through star systems.

I've tried ABeam. When I beam in a bailed astronaut, I get a passenger with his race set to <my player's name>. Say my in-game pilot is an Argonian named "John Doe", the beamed-in passenger will be of race "John Doe", not "Argonian".

Also, I've tried using ABeam on marines, they lose their Marine status, and again I find in my ship regular passengers of race "John Doe" with the marine's name. Are they supposed to lose their marine training?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 22:55

I cant as yet find any way of determining the race of an astronaut. And as one needs to be set for the passenger, the player race is the only one that makes sense. Since most of those being picked up are pirates or enemies, and the game calls them a slave by default, making them your slaves seems to make sense :)

It was my intension to also convert the passenger into a marine, but so far it hasnt worked. On my list of things to do, probably as a separate "Create marine from pasenger" command.

I wouldnt use it for picking up marines. I havent seen anyway of identifying them in the script code, as an astronaut is just an astronaut. Must be something, but I cant see it. You cant use it for plot pickups either.

At the moment, its best used for picking up bailed pilots where you do not want to create them as a slave.

klaatu
x4

Re: [Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts

Post by klaatu » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 19:16

apricotslice wrote:Apricot Extended PHQ Patch

Vastly increases the cargo space of the Player HQ.
Could you expand on this a little bit? You know, for those of us that would like to know a little more about a mod before adding it to our game.

Thanks.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 01:01

The PHQ come with 500k of space. The mod makes this 50 mill instead.

Neofit
x4

Post by Neofit » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 10:46

apricotslice wrote:I cant as yet find any way of determining the race of an astronaut. And as one needs to be set for the passenger, the player race is the only one that makes sense. Since most of those being picked up are pirates or enemies, and the game calls them a slave by default, making them your slaves seems to make sense :)
Yes, but this is not what I meant. Here is what I get:

[ external image ]

The First one, Endy, was beamed in with ABeam, and is of a strange race. Actually his race is my pilot's silly name. The second one, Yoganis, is a bail out that was picked up with a fly-by as god intended. No race shown. Maybe there is interference with some other script? Here is what I am using:

[ external image ]

+ EconomyAndSupplyTrader_X3TC_V3101 that does not come in .spk format.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 10:55

The first one is definitely correct for Abeam. No idea about the second one.

Neofit
x4

Post by Neofit » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 15:09

apricotslice wrote:The first one is definitely correct for Abeam. No idea about the second one.
You mean that when a passenger has a race = my name (not my race), then he is my slave? I've never had any slaves before, in any scripted or non-scripted game.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 00:06

Well sort of.

in X3R and before, if you picked up and astronut, they automatically became slaves. Its just that being apposed to slavery per se, I changed it to passenger instead. Mind you at some point, I'll take it a step further and make them marines, but havent got there yet.

Bulldogc
x3tc

Post by Bulldogc » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 15:10

ever consider trying to make one to beam boarding partys over to a targeted ship instead of using pods?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 15:21

I guess that could be done, but it would probably mean........hmmmm, worth a think about. :D

The hard part is getting the boarding action to start once they are there, as that is trigged by the boarding command or the fire pod action.

Not sure thats in my ability, but its worth a look.

Now that would transform the whole boarding thing ! :D

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 10:15

It seems that there's no more Dbeam download on your site. I've been looking for this kind of thing for ages. I just hate it that when you order your freigter drone to buy things in a big ship, you have to manuelly pick them all up.

Anyway, is it possible that only to beam a specific target? Rather than pull every crap within scanner range onboard.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 10:22

Cbeam, Abeam and Dbeam are all packed together in the Cbeam pack.

Abeam and Dbeam will grab the first one they can find, so dont actually get targetted. Just keep clicking the hotkey to keep beaming. I'd have liked them to slurp everything, but never could figure out how to do it.

"Rather than pull every crap within scanner range onboard."

:lol:

That was the whole idea actually ! I pick up everything. What I cant use, I sell.

XELA NAMYT

Post by XELA NAMYT » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 15:18

Hi,

I have downloaded the Medium Hub Plot script because I heard that the hub plot would require me living to about 784 years to get it done, which I don't have!

Anyway, I put the script in my X3TC folder and as far as I can tell it hasn't worked. I encountered the hub plot after installing this script and I did the '400 computer components' part, now onto the microchips. I was reading your 'A Slice of X' and noticed the 400 computer components seemed to be the vanilla amount, so I don't want to progress to the ore requirement in case I have to get the vanilla amount.

I have ran the script editor (by changing my name) at some point. I also have a few other scripts installed that work fine (CAG, FCC, SpaceLootTransporter, Marine Trainer etc).

Have I put the file in a stupid place (currently ..X3TC\directory\[your file].xml), or not done something else. I have checked your instructions and searched the forums, but nothing has helped.

Thanks very much,

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 00:54

The HUB plots go into ....

X3TC\director

The first mission is doable by collecting them. If you fly around Argon space, You should come close, and I think Split make them as well.

If you find any microchips, buy them as well, as fed to a computer factory, they can make the last components for you.

The 2nd mission should be altered after you get the plot in the correct directory.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:38

is there a feature to disable certain type of *beam?

say, I only interested in ship beaming, so the other C,A,and D beams can be disable?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:42

As scripts, they are packaged separately, so if you only want ship beaming, then only install the beamdock spk. The others are in the Cbeam spk, so ignore that.

Within my mod, they are all present. To removed the C/A/Dbeams, just delete the the 3 setup.?beam scripts from the script directory. But if you do not assign them to a hotkey in the first place, you wont notice they are there.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 11:40

I dl and install the Beam dock script, but it doesnt work in game

I'm flying Deimos (m7), got a Discover (m4 or 5), launch Discover, issue Beam Dock but get weired feedback, doesnt work.

Betty responded something like, cmd accepted, then straight away cmd rejected again.

I got transponder on Deimos, do I need that on the small ship as well?

Also cannot find hotkey for the beam dock, only find it in the navigation command console
What else need to make it work?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”