[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 08:00

Will do. I plan on having a TC marathon over the holiday weekend. ;)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 00:06

aikjo2 wrote:For some reason I can't find the CBeam command...
I have ABeam, it is under the "General" menu, but CBeam will not show up for the life of me, any ideas whats up?
What other scripts are you running ? Likely there is a conflict with another script.

Also, dont use the menu, assign a hotkey, its quicker to use.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 02:54

I installed the Abeam/Cbeam/Dbeam script, but don't see any new hotkeys to set? I just figured it was menu driven only as I didn't see anything in the first post about hotkeys, but I did think it was odd there was none. Any ideas why they wouldn't be showing up? The setup and function scripts are in the scripts directory, and the 8686 file is in the t directory.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 03:52

Umm, no idea why they wouldnt be showing up. Are you sure your looking in the right place ?

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 04:29

Nope, can't be sure, but I have set and created hot keys before in X3:R, and I have the MARS system installed and can see those hot keys. I'll have another look just to be sure. I also have the community plugin configuration script install and i don't recall seeing a hot key for that either. Would rerunning the setup scripts be of any use? The scripts I use are
  • Commercial agent 3.1.03
    Command Queuing 1.1
    Community Plugin Config 1.1
    MARS 4.05
    Salvage Calim Software 1.00
    Ship Killed Notification 1.0.3
    Jump Drive Kits 1.5
    Cbeam 1
The script installer has been having some issues of late, so it might be related to that. I'll rummage around an see what I can find.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 04:31

Salvage claim should have a hotkey, and the cbeam hotkey should be in the same place.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 08:15

I finally found some additional scripts that Cycrow has released that managed to get the hotkey for the SCS working. It wasn't there before. These can be found in the SCS thread here and it seems these need to be copied into the scripts folder each time the script installer is exited. However, it didn't help the hotkeys for the beam functions in the same location. I looked at the setup script and there is a call to a script plugin.hotkeymanager.somethingorother, which has a lot of ??? before parameters. I don't have a plugin.hoykeymanager.something script in the scripts folder. Is there a prereq that I'm supposed to have, or possibly this script is supposed to be supplied by the script installer and isn't being?

EDIT: Probably should also mention that while I have been trying to get the hotkeys working I've removed all the other scripts that I listed before. Only the EMP mod, SCS script and the beam scripts are currently running. Therefore if the prereq that I'm missing is in one of those other scripts, I'm probably missing it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 08:22

Erk. :oops: :o :cry:

I forgot.

There will be a slight pause......

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 08:47

Ok, download the new files and try again.

I was having trouble with the hotkeys and changed to use cycrows hotkeymanager, but forgot to package his files. :oops:

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 01:27

Thanks for that. I actually used the extra search and found the hotkey manager scripts, which worked anyway. But it will certainly be good for others to have them packaged together

aikjo2
x4

Post by aikjo2 » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 06:56

uninstalled some scripts i don't really use, and now I get why you call it slurping!!!

TY
Eagles May Soar,
But rabbits don't get sucked into jet engines.

kelmen

Is Apricot "beam" mods to improve the tractor beam?

Post by kelmen » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 10:18

I can't find a description over what its for

{You failed to note the forum rule about where to ask such question too. Merged. jlehtone}

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 10:23

Taken from http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623
Beamdock - to beam ships on and off any ship with docking ports, from anywhere in scanner range.

Download http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdo ... ock-v1.spk

Known issue - Wont beam a TS or TP off of a TM. Will allow the same ships to beam to an M1 which will then beam them into space. Still working on it.

Cbeam - to slurp beam all containers in scanner range.
Abeam - to beam an astronaut in as a passenger.
Dbeam - to beam a Drone in.

Download http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdo ... eam-v1.spk
This was found by using the Community Script and Mod Download Library, found at the top of this forum

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 10:31

I guess it "beam" mean like auto-snatch ship onto the (big) ship you piloting which has hangar, and has nothing to do with "tractor beam", right?

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 10:39

It looks like that is what beamdock does, the Abeam, Cbeam and Dbeam seem to be for picking up objects around your ship. :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 14:45

They all use the transporter.

Nothing to do with the tractor beam.

Does the tractor beam need improving still ? I did do a mod for this for R, and admittedly I did up the range again in my mod.

If TC still has tractor beam problems to do with the range being too short, I can redo the mod to give it an 8km range again. Thats pretty easy to do.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 22:59

I've been using "ST/UT for most ship types" all weekend. Just wanted to let you know it works as advertised. No problems so far. Thanks apricotslice! :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 00:48

Great to hear, thanks ! :D

Neofit
x4

Post by Neofit » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 15:05

Thanks for the scripts, I love the auto-beaming of the surrounding crates, exactly as I assume it should work in a world where the technology level allows one to jump through star systems.

I've tried ABeam. When I beam in a bailed astronaut, I get a passenger with his race set to <my player's name>. Say my in-game pilot is an Argonian named "John Doe", the beamed-in passenger will be of race "John Doe", not "Argonian".

Also, I've tried using ABeam on marines, they lose their Marine status, and again I find in my ship regular passengers of race "John Doe" with the marine's name. Are they supposed to lose their marine training?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 22:55

I cant as yet find any way of determining the race of an astronaut. And as one needs to be set for the passenger, the player race is the only one that makes sense. Since most of those being picked up are pirates or enemies, and the game calls them a slave by default, making them your slaves seems to make sense :)

It was my intension to also convert the passenger into a marine, but so far it hasnt worked. On my list of things to do, probably as a separate "Create marine from pasenger" command.

I wouldnt use it for picking up marines. I havent seen anyway of identifying them in the script code, as an astronaut is just an astronaut. Must be something, but I cant see it. You cant use it for plot pickups either.

At the moment, its best used for picking up bailed pilots where you do not want to create them as a slave.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”