[MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

954flyer
x3

Post by 954flyer » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 18:53

Or, you could just extract the cat/dat into the main folder, letting it create the subdirectories needed. Personally I prefer this instead of a dozen cat/dat's as false patches or mods. But that's me.
Ok now I'm confused. If I understood Gazz correctly, you use the 'select mod' feature at your own risk, but it was safer to add it as a false patch.

So, a few questions to hopefully clear me up!

1) What's the safest and most compatible way to use this fix?

2) If it's added as a false patch, will the 1.3 patch overwrite it? Do I have to do anything special after 1.3 is downloaded? (I'm one of those happy Steam users)

3) Do I have the following correct?: All OOS ships that this fix affects will be fixed the next time I encounter them? Any affected In Sector ships will need to leave sector and come back to be fixed?

Edit: I forgot to [/sarcasm] from question 2

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 19:06

1. the best way to use this is to use it via "select mod"
only if you are using mods wich adds ships etc. you cann get troubles.
if you get toubles you should use it as a fake-patch.

2. if you are allready using 1.2.1 then 1.3 will not overwrite it.
1.2.1 uses cat/dat up to number 05. 1.3 overwrites 04 and 05 as far as i noticed and uses even 05 as highest number too. so no worry

3. all oos ships will be fixed the moment you load the game. is-ships will be fixed the moment they went oos or you leave the sector.

954flyer
x3

Post by 954flyer » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 19:28

Thanks Huefte.

One follow-on since I can't test it right now: Do I have to start a new game or can I use it with my existing saved games as a selected mod?

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 19:37

as gazz said: no need for new game, runs in existing games.

new games are (as far as i know) only needet if you want to build in new sektors / galxymaps.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 20:00

TSM wrote:Now I have capped the Galleon :wink:

no longer wating added these changes :)
Whatcha think of the new cockpit camera?

The default one was at the very tip of the ship, only facing that one triangular antenna.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 20:15

Gazz wrote:
TSM wrote:Now I have capped the Galleon :wink:

no longer wating added these changes :)
Whatcha think of the new cockpit camera?

The default one was at the very tip of the ship, only facing that one triangular antenna.
its nice, the cerebus has same problem really.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:12

Hey Gazz,

great work as usual !

I was thinking that to help keep track of your progress, you could also specify in your opening post which ships you checked, but found no bugs with. I think I remember reading you tested the Titan and Panther but found that their turrets were ok ; so it could be listed like this :

Fixed

Argon Colossus
Boron Angel
Boron Thresher / Calamari
OTAS Boreas
OTAS Zephyrus
Pirate Brigantine
Pirate Carrack
Pirate Galleon
Split Python
Split Tiger
Teladi Shrike / Neundreivierteltöter
Terran Claymore
Terran Cutlass / Machete
Terran Katana
Terran Osaka
Terran Springblossom
Terran Vidar
Terran Yokohama
Xenon J
Xenon K
Xenon Q
Yaki Akuma
Yaki Shuri

No Fix Needed

Argon Titan
Split Panther
etc.

So you could see which ships you have fixed, which ones don't need fixing, and which ones you haven't checked yet.

Thanks again for your hard work !

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:33

tontonfred wrote:I was thinking that to help keep track of your progress, you could also specify in your opening post which ships you checked, but found no bugs with. I think I remember reading you tested the Titan and Panther but found that their turrets were ok ; so it could be listed like this :
Not sure about the Titan but I added a section for that. Even old ships (Python) had issues so nothing can be assumed.

Nearly all fighters with just a back and/or front turrets should work fine.
Excepting active sabotage like with the Claymore...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 19:18

Gazz, do you have a list of the ships you've fixed?

Mainly, M1/M2/M7/TL?

Reason I ask, if you changed the scenes in any of those, my TS/TP dock mod won't work. :)

It'd be a simple copy/paste though.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 19:22

fud wrote:Gazz, do you have a list of the ships you've fixed?

Mainly, M1/M2/M7/TL?

Reason I ask, if you changed the scenes in any of those, my TS/TP dock mod won't work. :)

Fud I love you in a none gay way :wink: (also seen your car in another thread :o very nice)

I looked into doing the above but you scene files are all pretty and Gazz's are a MESS! :roll: , don't tell him I said so though!
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 19:26

Well, most likely, why mine are "pretty" is because that's the way dbox exports them from max.

It makes them A LOT easier to read.

That said, I don't know if it'd be easier to change the turret info in mine to match his, or to c/p the docking clamps from mine to his? :?:

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 19:30

i would say c&p your bits into his as I would imagine less work for you?
Egosoft Wiki

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 19:53

fud wrote:Gazz, do you have a list of the ships you've fixed?

Mainly, M1/M2/M7/TL?

Is this a joke?
Have you ever read his first post?
Have you ever seen the list of fixed ships in it?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 20:03

Heh.

Didn't really look.

Guess I'm an asshole. :roll:

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 23:59

Great work as always! :) I procured an Hyperion through boarding early in the morning today. I wonder, is the cockpit view correct for that one? I have searched the model but I really can't find out if this is right or not. It seems out of place right on the hood like that though. And I am not sure about the turrets.

I loved this ship in X3:R. I wonder if it is just as good in TC :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 12:16

The Hyperion is balanced now. It used to be a bloody cheat ship in Reunion.

BTW:
Everyone can spot messed up turrets on other ships as well, especially with the bigturrets on all capital ships.

If you look at the front turrets, the lasers stick out straight from the turret.
That is the best case.

If the lasers on any turret point up or downwards from the turret or if the turret is rotated on it's mounting plate, it's broken.

Of course, all that applies to idle turrets. Can't see that when they track targets.

The Deimos was built quite creatively with the top turret mounted below and the bottom turret above the ship. Apparently three eyes are no guarantee for engineering skills. (or common sense)

tene

Post by tene » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 13:54

I can clearly see springblossom's rear turret while sitting in it :) Its on opposite fin

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 15:10

Gazz, if/when you're done with this, I'll add docking to the shits that need it.

See, this is what you get for starting something "small". :p

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 16:21

Gazz wrote:The Hyperion is balanced now. It used to be a bloody cheat ship in Reunion.

In Reunion I both hated and loved it. Because I just had to fly it, and I rarely used any smaller ships after that.

It is still a powerful ship in TC, but it can be overwhelmed more easily. I played with the cockpit callback mod in Reunion so I didn't see the view as I do now. That's why I wondered if the cockpit was placed correctly when I asked you :) I agree about the balance.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 18:15

xiriod wrote:I played with the cockpit callback mod in Reunion so I didn't see the view as I do now. That's why I wondered if the cockpit was placed correctly when I asked you :)
Well, if the turrets were a tiiiny bit broken that would give me an excuse to assign a cockpit position of my liking. =P

I did that for several ships already, like the Cerberus.
You're flying a carrier ship that is a kilometer long and all you would see of it is... one tiny antenna?
That's beyond unimaginative. That's lame.
Ideally every ship should look differently when you fly it, especially the cap ships. (Fighters are a dime a dozen)
The standard perspective for many TC cap ships is "tip of the nose" and that leads to ships being nothing more than a generic set of numbers. They don't have any kind of character.

Try "my" Cerberus. Jump into that ship and you know you're not flying a fighter any more. No need to look at the ship name / class at the bottom of the screen...

BTW:
Sometimes it is not even necessary to carefully analyse the directions where the turrets look.
Example Osprey:
In the specs the ship has 3 turrets: up/down/rear
Now look at the Osprey. On top of the ship you see 3 turrets. 2 facing left/right and one turret rear.
What's wrong with this picture?

(Call us with the correct answer in the next 2 minutes and my assistant will take her top off!)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”