[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 04:32

The text file got stuffed up for 1.1, no idea how.

Download 1.11 and unzip over the top. If theres still something not looking right, let me know.

Zippgunn
x4

Using AMS saves from ver 1 in ver 1.11?

Post by Zippgunn » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:46

Hi,

Seems my saves from when I had XTC v1.4 with AMS 1 is not working in XTC 2 and AMS 1.11.

I can load load saves in XTC2 and AMS v1 mod but if I select v1.11 it loads almost complete and then stops with a message that says the save is corrupt.

I was able to test XTC2 and AMS1.11 by doing a new start.

Is there a way to fix this?

Please?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:52

o.oh.

I did notice something like that at first, but wasnt sure what caused it.

I have a horible suspicion I used the wrong ships. There was something I was experimenting with to allow all cap ships to board marines. I suspect the ships now have TC settings and the original mod had R settings for that field. Problem is, I cant reset it either.

I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.

Zippgunn
x4

Post by Zippgunn » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:57

It would be great if you were able to fix that, will wait and see for a while.
If you can't, I'll have to start a new game I guess.

"Clicks happen" :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:59

I'll try and look at it tomorrow.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 05:32

I've uploaded a separate version with "-oldships" on the end, that contains the original ship definitions.

As I thought, I was playing around with the ship type, and after I changed them once, I couldnt put them back the way they were due to TC changes in the file.

So I've recopied in the R versions.

Be warned though, the V2 version when it comes out, will probably not be backwards compatible, as I want all ships to be able to carry 20 marines and board with them.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

StressTest
x3tc

Post by StressTest » Fri, 8. May 09, 21:20

So what is the proper version of Apricot Mapping Service that we should be using with Terran Conflict 2?

I went through this thread and it appears there have been several updates to the version associated with the original post, so is X3TC-Apricot-Mapping-Service-Mod-v1.11 the proper file to use with this version of X3?

Please advise so that I don't waist the start of a new game.

Thanks for the hard work you've done in creating this mod, I used this mod in X3-Reunion and loved it, so again, Thank You!

StressTest

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:17

Hey AS, I was just wondering if this would work with the Race Response Fleet.

Thanks.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:41

love the mod apricotslice.
i'v added many of the other mods to it at times ( i restart a lot )
only prob i have is doking fighterd at the BattleCarrier can only dock my m6 but info says it holds 50? ships

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:43

Gotta use the beam dock command.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 9. May 09, 00:00

StressTest wrote:So what is the proper version of Apricot Mapping Service that we should be using with Terran Conflict 2?

I went through this thread and it appears there have been several updates to the version associated with the original post, so is X3TC-Apricot-Mapping-Service-Mod-v1.11 the proper file to use with this version of X3?
Yes, current version is 1.11.

stealthhammer, I dont see any reason why not, but I cant say I've ever tried.

StarCrack, the M2 doesnt have a docking port, so the only way to get ships on or off is beamdock.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 9. May 09, 01:05

Thanks, I'll try with the next release as if I read the thread right there fixing a jump drive bug.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 13:21

I've just done some testing and I cannot for the life of me figure out why the 1.11 version crashes v1 saves. Makes no sense at all.

I'll keep thinking about it, but I've eliminated all the obvious things.

:gruebel:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 08:52

I had a thought.

Anyone having troubles with 1.11 and saves, try this :

Extract the 8686-L001.xml/pck from the v1 cat/dat and put it in the t directory, then select the 1.11 mod.

I think the problem is that in 1.11, I changed some sector names, which means the names in the saves conflicts with the names in the text file.

I'll have a further play with this and see if I can do a patch file that works.

V2.1 has a few minor ship/cockpit changes, but nothing that should worry anyone to be without, as far as I can see. Therefore, I'm not going to rush out a new version.

Instead, I'll base AMS v2 on the v2.1 files. I'm likely to start work on this very shortly. So it shouldnt be too long before its in beta.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 07:08

AMS Version 2 is now released as a Beta. Download from the Apricot download site in my signature.

Install by unzipping the zip into the TC directory. All files should be placed in the correct places. Select the mod in the jump off screen before starting the game. Select the start you wish to use when selecting newgame. If you choose a standard game start, you will not be given any Apricot ships to start with, these only come with an Apricot start. All ships are available in Apricot shipyards.

The existing ships have been refitted a bit. This includes M1, M2, TL, M7 (gunship not missile ship), 2 x M6, TS and M5 hauler.

New Guns : Apricot PBE, Apricot PPC. The PBE has longer range to match kyrons, and hits harder. The PPC has a lower hit yield, but fires faster.

Docking and Coms range increased. Scanner ranges increased.

PHQ cargo space extended hugely, and building and RE’ing times reduced. Included in the mod, so the patch version is superceded by the mod.

New Stations :
AMS Shipyard, EQ and Retail Store. Located in Argon Prime, Legends Home and Elysium of Light. Honest Bob’s Superstore. LV’s Darkside Depot. Osirus Sam’s Trading Post. (Thanks to LV and Osirus_Sam for their help with the superstore code.)

AMS Start
- The AMS has fallen on hard times, but unlike some, you are still CEO of a viable corporation with a small fleet to command and some unique technical innovations. You are a friend to most. Time to rebuild.
- Starts in Argon Prime.
- 9 new ships, including an NPC Apricot Wanderer ship, Auster M8, Minotaur M7, Vidar M6, Nova M3, Eclipse M3+, Buster M4, Express TP and Apricot Sprint M5.

Goner Start
- The Goners are without a Temple and times are hard. Can you rebuild the Goner Cause without picking up a gun ?
- Starts in Elysium of Light.
- Ships limited to missile defence only.
- Goner Temple available in Apricot Shipyards.
- 5 new ships, including M1, TL, M7, M5 (from Mule), M5 (from Sprint).

Khaak Start
- You will be infiltrated deep within enemy territory with technically enhanced resources and well disguised bases. Strike hard and fast.
- Starts in Freedom’s Reach. Second set of supply bases in an Unknown Sector.
- 7 modified ships. Intruder M6, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 and M5 hauler.
- 3 Cleverly disguised bases to strike from.

The AMS mod has made provisions for CC and FDN mods, so these are compatible when CC and FDN are installed as false patches.

Includes the following scripts :

Beamdock
Apricot Claim software
Cbeam
Abeam
Dbeam
Jump to Derelict
Outfit Apricot Ship
Outfit to jump
Create abandoned ships on start

Notes on specific features :

Outfit Apricot Ship in the initial release, will not charge you anything, but there is a version in a subfolder under scripts that does charge. Copy it over the scripts folder if you want to be charged for outfitting ships. This script loads all basic fittings on an Apricot ship, then loads shields and 2 sets of guns, using the new Apricot guns. The charge made is at a discount for bulk purchase. Activate the script on the ship you want to fit out, while it is in space.

Charges include....
750k for the basics, which will install on any ship.
PLUS
16.5 mill for a Gunbus or Camel.
13.5 mill for the Masterdon.
25 mill for the BigMother.
5 mill for a Mule.
23 mill for a Hyper.
58 mill for a Battle.
5 mill for a Minicar.
6 mill for a Mistral.
6.5 mill for a Sirocos.
9 mill for an Auster.
17.5 mill for a Minotaur.
16 mill for a Vidarsaurus.
7 mill for a Nova.
7.5 mill for an Eclipse.
6 mill for a Buster.
2 mill for an Express.
5 mill for a Sprint.

Jump to Derelict has absolutely no safety provisions built in at all, use at own risk.

Create abandoned ships has 12 identical scripts that create a single random ship in a random location. To get more, copy the scripts in the script editor. To get less, delete some scripts.

Cbeam, Abeam and Dbeam all slurp up all available targets in scanner range wih one button click. Attach to hotkeys before using. C does containers, A does astronauts who are changed to player race and D does all drones, which are changed to Drone Mk2.

Apricot Claim software works anywhere in scanner range. It is not detectable by security forces. It is however, very expensive to buy.

Beamdock works for any ship in scanner range. Ships up to M7 size can be beamed up, but anything bigger than a fighter must be beamed off again. Do not be inside a ship being beamed, the results are not pretty. You can beam onto a M1, M2 if it has docking defined, TL and TM. The TM has a known bug that you can beam a big ship onto it but not off, which you get around by beaming it to an M1 first, and then off the M1.
Beamdock does not work from an M7 and no plans to add beaming onto an M7. However, an M7 ship can be beamed ont a larger one.

Outfit to jump creates a jump drive, nav 1 and ecells on the target ship, so it can be rapidly jumped away to a safe destination. This is not as yet charged for.

Note : The incompatibility with v1 has not been solved, so it is best to start a new game with one of the AMS starts.

GB
x3tc

Post by GB » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:34

The game freeze on loading screen. I tried with Humble merchant and AMS stars and I had to reset my computer.

If I do not select the AMS mod in the starting window the load ok

I have a new game install

PS: First post ever. So tell me if I did it wrong

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 19:46

Hello I was just reading the merge mod topic and requested some things you already included here,, :oops: shoulda read this first. Also some older posts. Is it still viable to add an Apricot TP? Something classed as a TP but Apricot Style, personally AN M3+ model or even an M6 model that is classed TP would be perfect. If not possible then NP.

Great work Downloading now.

Gridd

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 01:56

GB wrote:The game freeze on loading screen. I tried with Humble merchant and AMS stars and I had to reset my computer.

If I do not select the AMS mod in the starting window the load ok

I have a new game install

PS: First post ever. So tell me if I did it wrong
What else do you have loaded ? Especially any false patches.

Also, how much memory does your computer have ?

Gridd, I included the Express for a TP. The rear gun now mounts anything and it will mount up to 10 200mj sheilds.

GB
x3tc

Post by GB » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 02:12

I have only X3 TC patched to 2.1 , no scripts or false patches.
I have 2 gig of memory.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 02:30

Is it freezing on a new start or on loading a save from before the mod was loaded ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”