[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 03:57

I've been reading ur Modding 101, but I'm not 100% sure what to do. From what I understand, I have to put all the Whitestar files in ur AMS Mod.. example: Do I rename whitestar's "t\8686-L044.pck" to AMS's "t\0001-L044.pck" or do I leave the name as is and just copy/paste.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 05:03

The 8686 files is AMS.

If whitestar is using 0001 then someone needs to point out just how bad an idea that is, and it violates basic modding theory.

Yes, you need both language files and the scripts that load them into the script editor.

You should create a new directory, create separate mod directories, extract both mods into their directory. Then copy what isnt duplicated into a new directory for the new mod itself. Then edit the whitestar tships and copy the last line in it. Edit the AMS tships and paste the whitestar on the end of the file, and add 1 to the ships counter at the top of the file. Save into the new mod directory. Check using Xeditor to make sure the file is ok. Then use modmanager to create a new cat/dat file and add everything back in its correct directory. Very easy once you've done it a few times, but mystifying the first time I know.

Edit : I've pmed the whitestar author about changing the language file. In the meantime, I do not recommend trying to use that mod with anything else until the language file issue is addressed. For example, if his language file is 1.3, and you are using 1.4, then his file overwrites the entire 1.4 update. This is NOT good.

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 07:11

Yeah, I had no luck, yet. Thanks for letting me know. I'm messing around with the X3 Editor now just for practice.

I don't know if this would help, but ur apricot bus is in argon shipyards and where the whitestar should be ( in Great Reef shipyard). Thanks again.

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:07

Hi apricotslice,
Can't figure this out :evil:

I used whitestar's latest version (1.27) which has the new language file (7555-L044)

I followed your instructions. Copied everything that isnt duplicated into the new mod directory.Copied the last line of whitestar's tships and pasted on AMS's tships end of file, also added 1 to the ships counter (total=380). Saved to new mod directory and made sure file was ok with Xeditor. Then used modmanager to create a new cat/dat file (named it Apricot.Whitestar 1.27)and added everything back.

When I start either a new game or saved, it still has the apricot bus in Great Reef's shipyard. If I remove the bus from tships then it has the camel in Great Reef's shipyard. If I install whitestar before your apricot ships then whitestar is in Great Reef and Argon shipyards, but prices, guns, etc. is out of whack for both type of ships. I knew something like this might happen as your Modding 101 pointed out, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways. This is my first time, I'm learning as I go :D

Oh, I installed whitestar's script by XPluginManager and I also tried by extracting the script and installing directly to game's script folder, but no luck. Am I missing something or is it something else.

Either mod by itself works like it should....AWESOME....love em both.

[/quote]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:32

Plugin Manager for TC doesnt do ships yet.

When you add a ship to the tships file, you MUST add it on the end of the file. Then in the add ship to shipyard script, it needs to be edited to select the right ship. At a guess, either the ship isnt on the end, or you have not updated the shipyard script.

If you cant get it going, send me what you did and the latest version of Whitestar and let me have a look.

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:51

Apricot, where would I find the add ship to shipyard script. I checked in the game directory and in both mods.

sent u an email with the files

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:36

Presumably the whitestar mod has one. Should be one of the scripts included in it.

No email as yet. Check that the attachments dont exceed 10mb.

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 05:59

Apricot, you are the man. New mod is up and running. Thank u very much for your help.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 06:01

Send me the completed pack :)

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 06:30

package sent

Johanus

[REQ] a weaker Apricot Mule

Post by Johanus » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 12:13

Hello. Apricot, I love your Apricot Mules, M5s with a 5K cargo bay.

Is there any way you, or someone, could modify these ships so that they are not overpowered and are balanced for use in regular TL class ships?
So like the same thing they are now but without all the guns and not as much shielding. Is that too hard or can it be done?

Thanks.

{Forum Rule #12: feedback about mod into the thread of the mod. Merging (and I had to guess where to, since "Mules" are not listed in Community Library). jlehtone}

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 14:17

Well the whole idea is you choose how strong it is.

You can still load 2 1mj shields on it, restrict it to normal M5 speed, and only put 4 ires on it.

If your scripting a ship in, choosing to pre-load it will automatically make it the strongest it can be.

But if your buying it from a shipyard, what you put on it is your own choice.

You also dont need to use the loadout command either, as this does also add the maximums.

The whole idea of the mod was to give you a good choice of what you want to use it as.

The only thing you cant change is the cargo space, everything else is up to you.

apricotslice
x4

Re: [REQ] a weaker Apricot Mule

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 01:04

(and I had to guess where to, since "Mules" are not listed in Community Library). jlehtone}
Correct guess :D

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 06:15

How's it going Apricot, got two questions for ya.

1- I use cbeam all the time, but when my cargobay is full I get the message "we are being hailed" then when I open up the message log all I get is "readtext 8818-1". Is there any way I can fix that?

2- Any luck with the "beam in astronaut" hotkey not repeating itself?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 07:09

1. Erk. That came out of the original script and I never transfered the text item. Basically it means, "You do not have room in your cargo bay for this container.".

I've added it to my language file for future updates.

2. No idea at all. The code is identical to cbeam and dbeam, and yet abeam is the only one still doing this. Its on the top of my list of things to figure out, but I cant see anything different to be a possible cause.

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:19

This is the first X3 mod I have tried to use so forgive me if this question seems a little stupid.

When I went to install this mod I was a little confused about how it is installed, as there were no instructions included in a readme. So I thought I should just extract everything into the X3:TC directory but was just a little alarmed when it asked me to overwrite some files already there so I stopped extracting the .zip.

Am I supposed to overwrite the files it prompts me to? If not, then how is it installed?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:51

Yes, just unzip into the TC directory. Everything should just be put into its correct place below there.

The prompt would be because its unzipping into the scripts directory, whihc already exists.

There is only 1 replaced script, and thats the UT setup script.

Everything else is new material.

If you wish to double check first, unzip it into a temp directory and move things accross manually.

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 15:46

It's me again...

It's asked me to replace a number of files, but the ones that stick out are the ones called 07 that it asks me to replace, are they the method you used to create the "fake patch"?

The ones that already exist are larger then the the ones in your mod. I made a backup before replacing them, but I'm wondering if it a problem associated with another set of scripts I added with x3 plug in manager before I tried to add your mod.

Thanks for the quick and polite response by the way, I really appreciate it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:34

If you already have an 07, then you have a mod in place already as a false patch.

It depends what it is as to if it will conflict or not.

The 07 in my mod is the PHQ cargo extension.

The other scripts that might already exist are likely Cycrows hotkey manager, and any script that is in my mod, that you already have installed.

What scripts have you already installed ?

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:11

Just the X3TC Cheat Package by Cycrow (because I wanted to have some fun without consequences before playing the game properly).

Also when I was in the mastodon I couldn't buy any stations it kept telling me to buy a TL class ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”